ImageImageImageImageImage

KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Moon Walk
Bench Warmer
And1: 162

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#201 » by Moon Walk » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:23 pm

That statement should be framed in the Raptors Locker room. That will give them enough fire and blood.
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Re: KD on Raptors - "It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals" 

Post#202 » by gp2015 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:34 pm

thelastexit wrote:I love how people think it’s so irrational for him to be pissed.

Imagine you suffer the worst possible basketball injury (and likely realized it at the time) and the whole stadium cheers your entire career and livelihood being possibly taken from you.

You’re allowed to be salty. I would be. So would you.

In fact, based on this thread alone, you’d be DeRozan level butt hurt if it were you in his shoes.

Calm down.

Did everyone watching the game gain magical abilities to predict that this injury would possibly affect the rest of his career? All everyone knew at that time was that KD was out and our chances of winning a championship increased. That's it. No one was cheering for his career to end or whatever BS you want to believe.

FVV got elbowed in the head hard, got his teeth knocked out and was lying on the floor, bleeding. It could have ended much worse for him and he could have easily had a concussion and the Warriors fans were chanting "Let's Go Warriors!". Does that mean they were cheering for FVV's career to end?

You're the one that needs to calm down.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
RapsFanSine95
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#203 » by RapsFanSine95 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:20 pm

Moon Walk wrote:That statement should be framed in the Raptors Locker room. That will give them enough fire and blood.

This. Perfect bulletin board material.
Raps4evrIsBack
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,794

Post#204 » by Raps4evrIsBack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Lmao this guy is so petty. Very thin skin. No surprise, if he doesn't get you now, he will get you later, lol. I knew right away he was leaving as soon as the Draymond situation happened.

Our chances are still higher than yours KD. Also our 1 championship is worth more than both of yours combined.
RedX
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#205 » by RedX » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 pm

He's trolling hard.

That's ok, we owed him one.

Let's call it even.
Tomhomes33
Rookie
And1: 795

Post#206 » by Tomhomes33 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:39 am

Joker wrote:
Smitson wrote:Our one championship means more than both of his combined :lol:.

Kevin Durant's rings are valid. Find a new slant.

No they are NOT

They would be valid with OKC
DoctorNickNurse
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#207 » by DoctorNickNurse » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 pm

KD getting ready to get owned by NN's schemes multiple times per year now that he's in our division
ClipFanJuly619
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#208 » by ClipFanJuly619 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Tomhomes33 wrote:
Joker wrote:
Smitson wrote:Our one championship means more than both of his combined :lol:.

No they are NOT

I'd say his second ring is valid. What last year proved is that without him, the GSW were beatable. In 2017, yes the team was overly powerful, but they lost some of their roster each year, weakening it and upping his importance.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#209 » by johanliebert » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:41 pm

just fueling a fake rivalry hes a div opponent now.

he knows by the time hes healthy this team is retooling.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#210 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Raps4evrIsBack wrote:Lmao this guy is so petty. Very thin skin. No surprise, if he doesn't get you now, he will get you later, lol. I knew right away he was leaving as soon as the Draymond situation happened.

Our chances are still higher than yours KD. Also our 1 championship is worth more than both of yours combined.

There is a reason they call him a cupcake.

Read on Twitter

''Got upset and left'' The story of KD's career.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#211 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 pm

A generous person would recognize that the reaction was just part of the intensity of the game. Even though one might be annoyed or upset, one could choose to be the better person.

Instead he projects his displeasure with some fans onto the team.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#212 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:12 pm

ClipFanJuly619 wrote:
Tomhomes33 wrote:
Joker wrote:

No they are NOT

I'd say his second ring is valid. What last year proved is that without him, the GSW were beatable. In 2017, yes the team was overly powerful, but they lost some of their roster each year, weakening it and upping his importance.

Did they lose that roster due to the fact they had to pay KD?
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,309

Post#213 » by DrCoach » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Well we know KD won’t be in the finals this year...
RyderMike
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,799

Post#214 » by RyderMike » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:A generous person would recognize that the reaction was just part of the intensity of the game. Even though one might be annoyed or upset, one could choose to be the better person.

Instead he projects his displeasure with some fans onto the team.

Yeah, my initial reaction was happiness that him out bettered our shot at winning. After a few moments, I remembered he's a person not a video game character and felt bad for him. In the heat of the moment, you tend to forget about the human element. But also I can see his side, it's difficult to get over someone cheering your injury - it's harder to see the other side when you are the one directly involved - but even given that I still think this comment was just petty. KD always feels like he has to have the last word and doesn't let things go to rest
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#215 » by XxIronChainzxX » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:40 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
ClipFanJuly619 wrote:
Tomhomes33 wrote:
No they are NOT

Did they lose that roster due to the fact they had to pay KD?

They lost everyone on that roster but Barnes due to the fact they sucked. Everyone but Barnes was gone inside of a year. And when I say gone I mean out of the league.

So the real person they gave up was Harrison Barnes and that guy was gone no matter what because he wasn't about to leave the max on the table and GSW had to be stupid to pay him.

I bet they'd gave gone for someone like Hortford if KD was never on the table. If Horford didn't prefer OKC. Who knows how it all would have planned out.

Return to Toronto Raptors