Image ImageImage Image

Anthony Davis: Chicago’s The Mecca Of Bball, Would Consider Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Re: Anthony Davis: Chicago’s The Mecca Of Bball, Would Consider Bulls 

Post#161 » by keloms » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:45 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255145/Knicks-Could-Be-Backup-Plan-For-Anthony-Davis-If-Lakers-Implode

According to a source that spoke with Marc Berman of the New York Post, Rich Paul likes the idea of Davis with the New York Knicks. The Knicks could be one of the only teams in the NBA that could create enough cap space to sign Davis.

Don't see him leaving the Lakers, but, would be fitting and hilarious if the Knicks got him over the Bulls. Might finally be the needed wake-up call for the organization.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,536

Post#162 » by PaKii94 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:05 pm

keloms wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255145/Knicks-Could-Be-Backup-Plan-For-Anthony-Davis-If-Lakers-Implode

According to a source that spoke with Marc Berman of the New York Post, Rich Paul likes the idea of Davis with the New York Knicks. The Knicks could be one of the only teams in the NBA that could create enough cap space to sign Davis.

Don't see him leaving the Lakers, but, would be fitting and hilarious if the Knicks got him over the Bulls. Might finally be the needed wake-up call for the organization.

Him going to the Knicks would actually be a slap in the face for the bulls
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#163 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:29 pm

Well the new Laker's dynasty has just taken a hit.

Read on Twitter
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#164 » by Indomitable » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Well the new Laker's dynasty has just taken a hit.

Read on Twitter

Davis will be playing a lot of center Now
:banghead:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#165 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:02 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Well the new Laker's dynasty has just taken a hit.

Read on Twitter

To be expected injuries were always going to be a problem. They absolutely weren’t a dynasty before this injury. Not even favored to win.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#166 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:04 pm

keloms wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255145/Knicks-Could-Be-Backup-Plan-For-Anthony-Davis-If-Lakers-Implode

I don’t see him staying in LA. The pressure of being there and losing, which they will, is going to sour that relationship quickly imho. I am not saying his is going to want to be in Chicago but he will want out of The Lakers.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#167 » by FriedRise » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:10 pm

You just hate to see it. He's gonna miss most of the season with maybe a sliver of chance to come back IF the Lakers make the playoffs. Even with that, he'd be rushing his return yet again and will probably be worse than when he was with the Warriors. In the playoffs, they're not gonna play him much because their team will be better off with him on the bench.

These games will be the most recent time any team sees Boogie play. I just don't see how anyone is gonna take a chance on him after this season.

Even with his reputation of being an All Star and Team USA, he never quite signed that big money contract or get a ring. His biggest contract was his extension post his rookie year with the Kings, but he never made more than $18M per year.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,681

Post#168 » by madvillian » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:54 pm

FriedRise wrote:You just hate to see it. He's gonna miss most of the season with maybe a sliver of chance to come back IF the Lakers make the playoffs. Even with that, he'd be rushing his return yet again and will probably be worse than when he was with the Warriors. In the playoffs, they're not gonna play him much because their team will be better off with him on the bench.

These games will be the most recent time any team sees Boogie play. I just don't see how anyone is gonna take a chance on him after this season.

Even with his reputation of being an All Star and Team USA, he never quite signed that big money contract or get a ring. His biggest contract was his extension post his rookie year with the Kings, but he never made more than $18M per year.

His career is over. Sadly for him he never got the big payday.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#169 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:37 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:

I don’t see him staying in LA. The pressure of being there and losing, which they will, is going to sour that relationship quickly imho. I am not saying his is going to want to be in Chicago but he will want out of The Lakers.
I still think somehow we will have a chance.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#170 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:41 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I still think somehow we will have a chance.

I’m not saying we don’t. It regally depends on how we develop. If we do look good our chance is way higher for sure. Most importantly though for me I think LA is cursed going forward. Klutch ruined them and they will have a dark future. I feel like Stephen Colbert in Curb Your Enthusiasm.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#171 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 pm

Dwight Howard to the Lakers, all part of the secret mission to bring AD home.

Read on Twitter
ryannik09
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#172 » by ryannik09 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:03 pm

Lakers will be a mess. Lots of big personalities, they won’t have the success they expect and AD will depart after the season. Marc Berman is probably the least respected beat reporter in the NBA by Knicks fans and fellow beat reporters, I’d take what he says with a grain of salt.

Only thing that might keep AD in LA is Rich Paul who has no business being an agent. Rich Paul cares about one person and one person only - Lebron - their is ZERO fiduciary dilute exercises for the rest of his clients.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#173 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:44 pm

As of now I have the Lakers as the 4th to 6th seed in the West. As it stands you can argue that the Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets, Jazz and maybe even the Blazers are better. At least the last two are better constructed team that could finish at a higher seed simply due to having more depth.

The West is going to be a battle for homecourt advantage.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#175 » by MeloRoseNoah » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:41 am

The Chicago Bulls in its current construction deserve zero superstar. Ffff Reinsdorf and his cronies. They don’t deserve those playoff money that comes with having a NBA superstar.

Second place Reinsdorf can gtfo of Chicago as well as his crony son Michael.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#176 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:42 am

3 year $75 million dollar deal in 2025.
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#177 » by bullsnewdynasty » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:43 am

Damn, from his quotes, sounds like AD really loves Chicago. I don't know where the narrative came from that he didn't like it here.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#178 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:44 am

If the Bulls had actually been decent this year we may have had an outside shot. Forget it now.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#179 » by keloms » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:55 am

:roll:
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,370

Post#180 » by The Box Office » Tue Nov 5, 2019 2:59 am

We'll get Anthony Davis when he's old and washed up looking for his last big contract. I'll only sign Anthony Davis at that time IF we have 2 legit superstars, in their primes, and a good head coach, during a championship run.

Return to Chicago Bulls