ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,159

Re: Official 2019 Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage) 

Post#421 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:25 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
AbC? wrote:Danny Green mentioned on his latest podcast that OG is rehabbing an injury and couldn't fly out of LA

Pendulum has swung too far on OG imo. He's had a really bad stretch of injury luck and family issues. Has his limitations: lacks fluidity and natural feel but I think he can turn himself into a premium 3&D guy in time.
around here we call that Bragnani fan boy vision. OG will be coming off the bench and his name will be in trade talks before next season is over. Dude this guy has missed months up on months of basketball. I'm not talking NBA basketball level but any real level of basketball to work on his game. If you can't work on your game then how are you going to get better ? Smh Remember who called it when OG's name is in trade talks next season. Stanley johnson made him replaceable because they're basically the same player. I'm not here for any long debates. Just remember who called it when his name is in trade talks. The biggest mistake the raptors made was not sending OG down to the G league like they did with Fred and Pascal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#422 » by ruckus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:10 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:The biggest mistake the raptors made was not sending OG down to the G league like they did with Fred and Pascal.

What difference would that have made? His 1st season, he started the majority of the games he played in. That experience is way more valuable than being down in the G-League.

Plus, would being in the G-League have stopped his dad from dying? Does the G-League prevent appendicitis?
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#423 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:27 pm

I looked up OGs stats with Lowry on and off the court and not surprisingly there's a big difference (a 10% increase in TS with Lowry on) makes sense with how dysfunctional the bench was all year

I think we will see OG return to form a bit as part of the starting lineup. Playing w/ elite playmakers like Lowry and Gasol will definitely help

HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#424 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:05 pm

OG working with David Nurse apparently

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#425 » by Mikistan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm

All OG needs is to stick 3s off actions, run back cuts, provide some transition 3s and dunks like kawhi gave us, be disruptive on defense and he will be fine.

Gasol and Lowry will let him feast in his spots and him and siakam norm transition size and speed just works.

Not worried at all
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#426 » by Red_Claw » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 pm

HeadtopChunes wrote:OG working with David Nurse apparently

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ive never been high on McCaw only cause i don't see him in a longterm scenario but its nice to see him shooting that well and working with David Nurse.

That being said, i wish i never saw that OG video.... Theres nothing good to take away from that clip other than its short. He looked awful and uninterested. Here's hoping it doesn't pour into the season....
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach

Post#427 » by HeadtopChunes » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Red_Claw wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Ive never been high on McCaw only cause i don't see him in a longterm scenario but its nice to see him shooting that well and working with David Nurse.

That being said, i wish i never saw that OG video.... Theres nothing good to take away from that clip other than its short. He looked awful and uninterested. Here's hoping it doesn't pour into the season....

That's not McCaw its Shai Gilgeous Alexander (hamilton boys unite)

The video I would take with a huge grain of salt doesn't seem to show much and could just be messing around at the end of a workout or something

But yeah hopefully that's not what he looks like when he's actually trying lol.
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,918

Post#428 » by Vorticity » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:09 pm

"awful" :lol:
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,823

Post#429 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Man, that clip of OG was hella discouraging.
Everything about that drive was wrong.
I'll give him a pass and assume he's not close to 100%.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#430 » by RaptorPride » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

My boy moving like me :lol:
Spoiler:

RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#431 » by RaptorPride » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:40 pm

ruckus wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:The biggest mistake the raptors made was not sending OG down to the G league like they did with Fred and Pascal.

What difference would that have made? His 1st season, he started the majority of the games he played in. That experience is way more valuable than being down in the G-League.

Plus, would being in the G-League have stopped his dad from dying? Does the G-League prevent appendicitis?

I think it could have made a difference. He would have had the ball in his hands and given the opportunity to be the top guy on offense instead of starting and being standstill shooter. Been able to practice driving the ball and shooting off the dribble more.
Spoiler:

RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#432 » by 720 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:24 pm

We're winning 50+ games this season. We're just too good on defense and versatile on offense to not run over the east (Bucks and Sixers will obviously be problems).

During the playoffs when things slow down we probably will lose in the second or third round because it'll be the first time Siakam will be the focal point on offense in the playoffs. But still, this team has great potential for years to come. Masai just needs to land that star free agent in 2021. There are a handful of them available.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,125

Post#433 » by duppyy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:42 am

I can't wait till the ring ceremony.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#434 » by TheBoi10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:03 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Dude looks awful in that clip. Terrible footwork (traveled like a mf) and yet super slow. Hypebeast Aminu might be his actual ceiling yet this guy was lobbying hard to start last year :noway:
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#435 » by Cobra Kawhi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:51 am

720 wrote:We're winning 50+ games this season. We're just too good on defense and versatile on offense to not run over the east (Bucks and Sixers will obviously be problems).

During the playoffs when things slow down we probably will lose in the second or third round because it'll be the first time Siakam will be the focal point on offense in the playoffs. But still, this team has great potential for years to come. Masai just needs to land that star free agent in 2021. There are a handful of them available.

I love your optimism..I would love nothing more. To think I waited so long to taste a championship with the raptors and now because of that eventful Friday night, I have repressed the entire season to the back of my mind. It's not even bittersweet anymore. That Kawhi saga and how they leveraged us for the clippers to make a better deal just broke me. First team ever to win a chip and lose a superstar.

I have repressed the memory of that Friday night and moved on with my life. I hope next season I can take baby steps to return to form. Game by game. Posts like yours do help me feel more optimism and excitement.

Pretty shattered, but the time away from the raptors and this board has been good for me.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,577

Post#436 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:41 am

Lol seriously what was the point in them tweeting that OG video?
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,823

Post#437 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:45 am

In Masai We Trust :meditate:
alan_156
Senior
And1: 755

Post#438 » by alan_156 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 am

I've been telling you all and been getting a lot of backlash about it, OG is a scrub. Wouldn't be surprised if RHJ or Stanley eventually leap him in the depth chart
super_balls
Starter
And1: 1,837

Post#439 » by super_balls » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:26 am

Something I’ve been thinking about since we acquired RHJ is his playmaking ability. He was known as a developing playmaker as far as making plays for others as a high schooler. I’m wondering if we can develop him into a Draymond type player.

Check out this recent video of him.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#440 » by Red_Claw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:43 pm

alan_156 wrote:I've been telling you all and been getting a lot of backlash about it, OG is a scrub. Wouldn't be surprised if RHJ or Stanley eventually leap him in the depth chart

Sorry pal....a 10 second video doesn't justify your opinion...

Return to Toronto Raptors