Image ImageImage Image

COBY new shoe deal

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

COBY new shoe deal 

Post#1 » by Indomitable » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:51 pm

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2019/08/13/chicago-bulls-coby-white-adidas-multi-year-shoe-contract-endorsement/amp/

Chicago Bulls first-round pick Coby White has signed a multi-year shoe contract with Adidas, the apparel company announced Tuesday afternoon.

The seventh overall selection in June joins the likes of Jarrett Culver, Goga Bitadze, Sekou Doumbouya and Carsen Edwards to sign with Adidas this summer. White will be featured in upcoming brand campaigns.

Given his dynamic play-making ability, White is a big addition to the Adidas team. In five games in Summer League, White averaged 15 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 1.4 steals for the Bulls.
:banghead:
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: COBY new shoe deal 

Post#2 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 pm

This i why I like Adidas.
My 1st experience with Adidas came on the playground.
They're more than just about the frontrunner.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,936

Post#3 » by Axl Rose » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 am

This was unofficially revealed back in summer league.

He was wearing an Adidas shirt - I even pointed this out in SL thread.

I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#4 » by TeamMan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:34 pm

They had a good run with Rose. (no pun intended)

And the Bulls are probably still the most recognized team outside of the U.S.

So good deal!
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Post#5 » by Bluewaterheaven » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:39 pm

There go his ankles.
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#6 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:20 pm

man i hope every kid in Chicago wants to be wearing Coby White kicks soon :pray:

please be an awesome, generational talent :pray: :pray:
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#7 » by TeamMan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Bluewaterheaven wrote:There go his ankles.

Hopefully Adida has learned from their experience and has a very high focus on performance.

With Rose they shifted their focus to fashion, and made a ton of money, but it might have been a factor in Rose's injuries.

Afterward, Nike jumped on the situation and declared that Rose's shoes were the problem, and compared his health to LeBron's.

IMO it was because they were jealous because all of the money that Rose was making for them, and Adidas had taken some of their market share away, especially in foreign countries.
NDave79
Sixth Man
And1: 1,348

Post#8 » by NDave79 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:51 pm

TeamMan wrote:They had a good run with Rose. (no pun intended)

And the Bulls are probably still the most recognized team outside of the U.S.

So good deal!

Agreed. I can't speak for the entire world, but where I live in Mexico, the Bulls logo is the only NBA logo I ever see.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#9 » by Dominator83 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:man i hope every kid in Chicago wants to be wearing Coby White kicks soon :pray:

im just hoping hes not a bust and atleast holds solid trade value
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,199

Post#10 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Dominater wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:man i hope every kid in Chicago wants to be wearing Coby White kicks soon :pray:

im just hoping hes not a bust and atleast holds solid trade value

Yeah this is more realistic. Generational talent is not in the cards for him but he can be really good hopefully.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#11 » by MrFortune3 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 am

I'm down with this. :D
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,492

Post#12 » by DuckIII » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:59 am

He has no chance to be that. If he’s an impact starter it would be a huge development.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#13 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:29 am

Generational talent is out of the question here. Sorry to burst any bubbles.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#14 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:21 am

Look, ppl down cobys athleticm but he has elite speed which is an athletic attribute.
Ok, generational talent is like a Hall of famer or better so without playing an NBA that's hard to project but not impossible.

He is looking to be the 2nd half of a talented backcourt, he should have opportunities to succeed. There isn't any particular reason that don't can't be a multiple time all-star.
With Zach and Lauri' s trajectory it looks possible for them, so if he were able to emulate what they have done, he may have a chance.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,049

Post#15 » by erlim » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Generational talent is out of the question here. Sorry to burst any bubbles.

I’m definitely super biased for the Bulls, and love Zach and Lauri; in fact I’m really optimistic about our 1-5 with Coby, WCJ, and Porter, and don’t see any glaring holes in our lineup, but the statistical reality and strong consensus is that we are still rated to be one of the worst teams in the league with our crew.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,492

Post#16 » by DuckIII » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:02 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Look, ppl down cobys athleticm but he has elite speed which is an athletic attribute.
Ok, generational talent is like a Hall of famer or better so without playing an NBA that's hard to project but not impossible.

He is looking to be the 2nd half of a talented backcourt, he should have opportunities to succeed. There isn't any particular reason that don't can't be a multiple time all-star.
With Zach and Lauri' s trajectory it looks possible for them, so if he were able to emulate what they have done, he may have a chance.

Derrick Rose and John Wall had “elite” speed and the explosiveness to go along with it. Coby White is fast. It’s nice. But it’s nothing truly special.

Zach and Lauri have physical attributes vastly more unique than Coby White, and neither one of them are going to be “generational talents” either.

Coby White is a decent prospect in a mediocre draft. If he can be a starting caliber combo guard with an accurate deep ball off the dribble, that would be an excellent result for his career.

I tend towards the optimistic with Bulls draft picks. And unlike a lot people here, I actually liked what I saw in summer league. But he is not a special prospect. He’s just some guy (relatively speaking) and he has enough talent to make an impact if things work out well.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#17 » by League Circles » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:51 pm

White seems more like he has elite speed like Tony Parker but not explosiveness like a Rose at all.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,609

Post#18 » by jacoby1us » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Is he really 6’5”? That’s pretty tall for our PG, I’m extremely intrigued to see him develop.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
suckfish
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,273

Post#19 » by suckfish » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:04 pm

jacoby1us wrote:Is he really 6’5”? That’s pretty tall for our PG, I’m extremely intrigued to see him develop.

He's about the same as Zion.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#20 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:33 pm

DuckIII wrote:

He has no chance to be that. If he’s an impact starter it would be a huge development.

I believe, I want to believe, We kinda HAVE to believe or it's gonna be another looooong season.

Return to Chicago Bulls