Chris Paul vs. John Wall: who is worth more?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Paul or Wall?

Wall by a lot
8%
Paul by a little
45%
EVEN
5%
Wall by a little
12%
Paul by a lot
30%

Total votes: 84

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Re: Chris Paul vs. John Wall: who is worth more? 

Post#41 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:26 am

psman2 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Not interested. This is OKC giving value for a worse contract and who knows as a player.

OKC giving value?

Paul and Wall (as this poll shows) are close in value — Paul a little more.

Gallinari might fetch a 1st on his own — but most likely a late 1st.

Wizards team even in the East with Paul and Gallinari is not a juggernaut. Say a lotto protected 1st for Gallinari and the little value difference from Paul to Wall is good value coming TO OKC.

You must be looking at a different poll.

Ok, this T&T board is starting to freak me out. Does the poll in this very thread not show Paul with a little more trade value — by a wide margin (meaning getting most votes)? I know my vision needs checking but I don’t think this is a vision thing...
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#42 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:54 am

rugbyrugger23 wrote:Ok, this T&T board is starting to freak me out. Does the poll in this very thread not show Paul with a little more trade value — by a wide margin (meaning getting most votes)? I know my vision needs checking but I don’t think this is a vision thing...

You are correct, rugbyrugger23. According to this poll, Paul is worth a bit more than Wall, which I feel is true. I was surprised to see nearly the same amount of votes going to Paul being worth MUCH more than Wall, but I can understand the assessment.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#43 » by rugbyrugger23 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:46 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Ok, this T&T board is starting to freak me out. Does the poll in this very thread not show Paul with a little more trade value — by a wide margin (meaning getting most votes)? I know my vision needs checking but I don’t think this is a vision thing...

You are correct, rugbyrugger23. According to this poll, Paul is worth a bit more than Wall, which I feel is true. I was surprised to see nearly the same amount of votes going to Paul being worth MUCH more than Wall, but I can understand the assessment.

I wouldn’t call a delta of 11 “nearly the same” statistical outcome. But, ok.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#44 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:14 pm

^

Yes, they were neck and neck for awhile, and "Paul by a little" has taken a double-digit lead.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#45 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Dat2U wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
Most of realgm feels this way though I doubt there's similar consensus around the league.

Comparing Jennings to Wall is laughable tho. Other than being black and fast their games are nothing alike but I guess it's an E for effort.

Either way, Wall is not getting traded right now. There's no reason to do so while his value is at its lowest and when the Wizards are not a desirable FA destination at this time. Wall will get every opportunity to show his worth and as I keep saying, a year from now, his value will likely change with him relatively healthy with one year less remaining on his deal.

Dat2U wrote:
Most of realgm feels this way though I doubt there's similar consensus around the league.

Comparing Jennings to Wall is laughable tho. Other than being black and fast their games are nothing alike but I guess it's an E for effort.

Either way, Wall is not getting traded right now. There's no reason to do so while his value is at its lowest and when the Wizards are not a desirable FA destination at this time. Wall will get every opportunity to show his worth and as I keep saying, a year from now, his value will likely change with him relatively healthy with one year less remaining on his deal.

I didn't say anything about trading Wall right now.
The Wizards won't be trading Wall I suspect. Reports have said the owner plans to save money by allowing the insurance to pay John Wall's salary this season. I believe that'll happen.

"Comparing Jennings to Wall is laughable tho. Other than being black and fast their games are nothing alike but I guess it's an E for effort."

I didn't compare their games. I compared what they're careers will look like post- Achilles injury. Since John Wall hasn't played since getting hurt it couldn't reasonably be laughable yet.
You tried it. F for your effort.

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Your suggesting that Wall post injury would have trouble staying in the league if he wasn't under contract. That's what comparing him to Brandon Jennings is saying, and yes that's laughable.
I do expect that he'll barely hang around in the league after he recovers as many other players have done.
We'll see if that ends up being laughable.

I didn't compare their individual talents so it was random for you to bring up their both being African American and incorrect to say I compared their games.

For example, I could've also predicted his decline to be similar to post-Achilles injury Elton Brand's despite the difference in their respective play style but I think his decline will be more precipitous than that so I intentionally used Brandon Jennings.

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
nuposse04
RealGM
And1: 2,439

Post#46 » by nuposse04 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:20 pm

Achilles injuries are devastating to players who lack shooting ability. Wall is about to be the 2nd worst contract in the NBA in 2-3 years (wiggins is somehow worse). CP3 will definitely not warrant his current contract but I doubt his rate of decline will mirror Walls'. Medical technology hasn't exactly yielded fruitful results for Achilles tears. I see no reason to be optimistic regarding him. At best he will be how he was the past 2 seasons...which is rather mediocre and damaging.
CBA
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#47 » by CBA » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:38 am

Paul has been much better than Wall for their entire careers, will play next year, won’t be coming off an achilles injury and has a shorter contract. Paul, by a lot.

Return to Trades and Transactions