ImageImageImageImageImage

The Cousins injury thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Re: Cousins has torn ACL 

Post#121 » by tamaraw08 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:01 pm

TylersLakers wrote:By the way, NO to Dwight Howard. Just no.

- Speights
- Noah
- Faried

Would be my current list.

Speights used to be decent esp hitting those jumpers but has been on a steep decline imo. Both Noah and Faried have decent numbers esp in advanced stats last season. Kenneth is more athletic, faster and younger which could be a better asset on offense but he might be a bit undersized at 6-8 covering huge centers like Nurkic, Jokic etc. Noah is bigger but is older. Yes he had differences with Lebron but I doubt if he’ll rather passed up staying in the NBA just to avoid playing with James
Trips71
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#122 » by Trips71 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Trips71 wrote:This might not be popular, but Greg Monroe?

He's old school and that's why he'd be unpopular but he's a big body, rebounds very well and can score from 18' in pretty well. I think he'd be a great 12-15 minute a night guy.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#123 » by Landsberger » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:29 am

I've always like Faried but he's not a legit center defensively. He's a tasmanian devil on the boards however.
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#124 » by bellabiyel » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:52 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Man I really wish Magic didn’t trade Zubac now...

zubac could also been package to the pelicans if we still had him or anywhere becoz we need that cap
AUSTHIM REAVES
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#125 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:03 am

Landsberger wrote:I've always like Faried but he's not a legit center defensively. He's a tasmanian devil on the boards however.

Faried is a PF and still undersized in that position, however, he finds a way to grab those boards and seems full of energy that's why I like him too. If we are really about position less basketball then I would consider him to cover up for our front court. Even Kuz is now willing to play that C spot. So I guess McGee / Faried / Kuz on the C, and possibly Kostas. We could roll with this and don't make AD play C or else he's a Knick next season.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#126 » by Landsberger » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 pm

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
Landsberger wrote:I've always like Faried but he's not a legit center defensively. He's a tasmanian devil on the boards however.

Faried is a PF and still undersized in that position, however, he finds a way to grab those boards and seems full of energy that's why I like him too. If we are really about position less basketball then I would consider him to cover up for our front court. Even Kuz is now willing to play that C spot. So I guess McGee / Faried / Kuz on the C, and possibly Kostas. We could roll with this and don't make AD play C or else he's a Knick next season.

I'm not sure I'd put Kuz at C unless it's in short stints and the opposing team has a similar sized C. He struggled defending stronger players at times last year. I think he's more of a combo forward and not a C 98% of the time.

Faried is a hustle guy and understands the defensive game. I've always liked him. I'm not sure why he bounces around so much. So many teams need that type of guy but I guess because he doesn't shoot the 3 he's useless in the "new" NBA.
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,390

Post#127 » by Danny Darko » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,967

Post#128 » by zimpy27 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:02 pm

bellabiyel wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Man I really wish Magic didn’t trade Zubac now...

zubac could also been package to the pelicans if we still had him or anywhere becoz we need that cap

If there are any regrets it should be moving on from Thomas Bryant. He could legitimately be the best possible C to pair with AD. He's going to breakout this season.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
KDSniper
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#129 » by KDSniper » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:50 pm

**** injuries man. Cousins has the worse luck. Was looking forward to seeing him on the floor with bron and em especially since he slimmed down a bit.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#130 » by BigRedDog » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:07 pm

still cant believe cousins was playing in all these rec league games as a pseudo point guard instead of focusing on rehab.

Basketball is a sport with 100% injury rate. Should have stuck to physical therapy and only played when he was getting paid. He really underestiamtes how much damage he's already done to his body between the achilles and the quad tear. He's too big of a guy to be messing around after career altering injuries like that.

You dont take a ferrrari out of the garage to go to work everyday. Thats your Sunday vehicle to go to panera bread.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#131 » by BigRedDog » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:10 pm

Bringing in dwight makes zero sense... he's a miserable offensive player at this stage of his career and his defense is fairly limited. HE doesnt have the mobbility and he gets crushed in the PNR by guys like harden/curry/etc that you have to worry about defending come playoff time. He cant help a team anymore, period.

They are much better off finding a smallball center, a stretch 5, or a defensive energy big. You know someone who actually offers a discernible basketball skill on the court.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#132 » by BEazy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Howard’s fit is perfect with AD at PF. Quit telling yourself AD will play C minutes, because he repeatedly said he will not play C. We gotta make him happy in order to resign him, so I suggest to swallow your pride and accept that Howard will don the Purple and Gold again.

If he redeems himself and he wins a chip with us, all is forgiven in my book.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,967

Post#133 » by zimpy27 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 pm

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Bogut was better than Cousins in the playoffs last season and he's still a free agent.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#134 » by stan francisco » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:34 pm

zimpy27 wrote:One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Bogut was better than Cousins in the playoffs last season and he's still a free agent.

Brilliant suggestion!!!

Hear that, Rob?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#135 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:35 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Howard’s fit is perfect with AD at PF. Quit telling yourself AD will play C minutes, because he repeatedly said he will not play C. We gotta make him happy in order to resign him, so I suggest to swallow your pride and accept that Howard will don the Purple and Gold again.

If he redeems himself and he wins a chip with us, all is forgiven in my book.

Agree. Its slim pickins at this point. We gotta get what we can get.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,924

Post#136 » by tugs » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:56 am

We need a banger down low. And someone to take on the opposing teams' bangers. Dwight's the guy.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#137 » by tamaraw08 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:06 am

BigRedDog wrote:Bringing in dwight makes zero sense... he's a miserable offensive player at this stage of his career and his defense is fairly limited. HE doesnt have the mobbility and he gets crushed in the PNR by guys like harden/curry/etc that you have to worry about defending come playoff time. He cant help a team anymore, period.

They are much better off finding a smallball center, a stretch 5, or a defensive energy big. You know someone who actually offers a discernible basketball skill on the court.

It’s not that just he’s bad at switching to prolific smalls but he also can’t stay healthy and he also gets very frustrated when he doesn’t get his shots. Too many red flags IMO.
While I’m very intrigued at seeing Faried grab those offensive rebs and being mobile etc but bear in mind McGhee has Asthma and missed like 18 games due to pneumonia. Faried will be overmatched against huge bigs like Jokic, Nurkic, Valanciunas, KAT etc and we all know AD is trying to avoid banging bodies against these guys.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#138 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:45 am

Landsberger wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

I'm not sure I'd put Kuz at C unless it's in short stints and the opposing team has a similar sized C. He struggled defending stronger players at times last year. I think he's more of a combo forward and not a C 98% of the time.

Faried is a hustle guy and understands the defensive game. I've always liked him. I'm not sure why he bounces around so much. So many teams need that type of guy but I guess because he doesn't shoot the 3 he's useless in the "new" NBA.

I agree that Kuz is a combo forward and not a C. McGee is our starting C and Faried / Kuz and possibly Kostas take turns in covering the C spot while McGee rests. I think this is what we could do for now.
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 64

Post#139 » by AGAVE » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:18 pm

tamaraw08 wrote:
tugs wrote:This guy was somehow serviceable during his time with the Raps: Lucas Noguiera

Currently playing well with the Philippines: Andray Blatche

Former Laker: Tarik Black

FAs not mentioned yet: Willie Reed, Marquese Chriss

No to Chriss,

If only KAkoc is 6-10 not 6-7, I would try him at center bec of his grit and athleticism.

I watched a few games of SL where Devontae Cacok had floor time.
I noticed his effort in the paint, rebounding some.
He could be one of the G-League players we use during the season randomly.
Respect Elgin Baylor
Cball
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#140 » by Cball » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:31 pm

I think Willie Cauley Stein would have been the best pick up early on.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers