Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Re: Around The NBA X 

Post#1701 » by Kilroy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:58 am

Kilroy wrote:Image

Me and Marc Cuban at Disneyland...

Told him Zinger isn’t Dirk... Not really...

Couldn’t think of anything to say to him but ran into him several times.

This is a crappy pick but it’s him. He seems to be trying to ditch his group.

I just got home... That was surreal. We basically walked around Tomorrow Land with him. He and his group just kept going the same places we were.
It was weird because he was always by himself. He didn't seem to want the Park Security guys with him, and he kept walking away from his group. They'd just be standing around waiting for him to show up and he'd pop up for a little while, they'd walk a little farther, then he'd go off by himself again and take a call or get popcorn (what he'd just done before that pic)... I don't think a lot of people knew it was him.
I would have thought he'd have like a full security detail glued to him everywhere he went, but he didn't and it didn't really look like he needed it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#1702 » by snaquille oatmeal » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:52 am

Should have asked him if he is going to do another cameo on Billions, I love that show.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1703 » by iamworthy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Kilroy wrote:

I just got home... That was surreal. We basically walked around Tomorrow Land with him. He and his group just kept going the same places we were.
It was weird because he was always by himself. He didn't seem to want the Park Security guys with him, and he kept walking away from his group. They'd just be standing around waiting for him to show up and he'd pop up for a little while, they'd walk a little farther, then he'd go off by himself again and take a call or get popcorn (what he'd just done before that pic)... I don't think a lot of people knew it was him.
I would have thought he'd have like a full security detail glued to him everywhere he went, but he didn't and it didn't really look like he needed it.

Don't need security if no one knows who you are.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#1704 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Personally, im taking the Mavericks as my surprise team this year. They will make one of the top 4 seeds out west in the playoffs.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1705 » by Kilroy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:26 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Yeah, I guess... But I think if your in his position, you probably have to figure it's only a matter of time before people figure it out and start swarming... So it would pay to be prepared.

The biggest Billionaire baller move he made? Probably buying that freaking $17 "Souvenir Bucket" of popcorn...

I cannot believe how expensive Disneyland has gotten in the 14years since we had passes with my oldest.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#1706 » by Landsberger » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 am

The biggest Billionaire baller move was paying to get into Disneyland in the first place.... I haven't been since I lived there last..... which was 1991! I've paid for Disneyworld a few times but the two places are like night and day different.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1707 » by iamworthy » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:24 am

Kilroy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:

Yeah, I guess... But I think if your in his position, you probably have to figure it's only a matter of time before people figure it out and start swarming... So it would pay to be prepared.

The biggest Billionaire baller move he made? Probably buying that freaking $17 "Souvenir Bucket" of popcorn...

I cannot believe how expensive Disneyland has gotten in the 14years since we had passes with my oldest.

Disneyland prices are ridiculous. I made the mistake of going during Christmas a while ago.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#1708 » by iamworthy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:27 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,544

Post#1709 » by stan francisco » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:52 pm

Beast. I hated seeing Randle traded.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#1710 » by kblo247 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:46 am

stan francisco wrote:Beast. I hated seeing Randle traded.

1. He wasn't traded

2. He was the worst defensive starting 4 in the nba last year

3. He's a -1200 on his career for a reason, he's a loser
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#1711 » by Landsberger » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:03 am

kblo247 wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Beast. I hated seeing Randle traded.

1. He wasn't traded

2. He was the worst defensive starting 4 in the nba last year

3. He's a -1200 on his career for a reason, he's a loser

Not sure about any of that but the photo's of him with the chains says a lot without saying a lot. He's stronger.... so what? Did he practice the jumper or just watch reruns of the worlds strongest man? What's next?.... pulling an airplane with your teeth? :lol:
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#1712 » by ROballer » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:36 am

Welp, the US just lost their first game in 13 years(FIBA World Cup qualifiers with G-league players doesn't count).

I still remember that semi-final game against Greece in 2006. This one was a friendly against Australia but still, lots of questions marks before the Worlds. It's closer than other tournaments, they can lose the gold.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#1713 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:32 pm

We aint winnin jack with this squad. Everybody knows that. Too much of our top talent pulled out
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,959

Post#1714 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Some of the names on this team are just unreal. Marcus Smart, Mason Plumlee, Harrison Barnes, Derrick White ...
karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#1715 » by karkinos » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:56 am

could probably field a decent mcd's all american squad to rep the US instead if we're only going to half try at this
ROballer
General Manager

Post#1716 » by ROballer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Or let the G-leaguers who qualified this team to the Worlds to finish the job. It's a little unfair to them, many probably don't know but the rules changed a bit and the US didn't get a bye for being the current champions as last editions.

They actually participated in the Americas qualifiers with Jeff van Gundy as a coach and a roster full of G-leaguers, since the games took place during the NBA season mostly.

Those players would have benefited immensely, whole world is watching. They could have scored at least a lucrative European contract easily. And they would have given **** actually, I see some players half assing this to not get injured before the season or something.

karkinos
Head Coach
And1: 2,058

Post#1717 » by karkinos » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:46 pm

actually that's a good point
g-leaguers do deserve a shot
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#1718 » by Landsberger » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:11 pm

ROballer wrote:Or let the G-leaguers who qualified this team to the Worlds to finish the job. It's a little unfair to them, many probably don't know but the rules changed a bit and the US didn't get a bye for being the current champions as last editions.

They actually participated in the Americas qualifiers with Jeff van Gundy as a coach and a roster full of G-leaguers, since the games took place during the NBA season mostly.

Those players would have benefited immensely, whole world is watching. They could have scored at least a lucrative European contract easily. And they would have given **** actually, I see some players half assing this to not get injured before the season or something.

The G league is what's left over after the European leagues sign their players. I'm not sure more exposure for a lot of these guys in the G league gets them over in Europe. It's not like the best G league team could even hold their own in most of the European leagues. It's not like the AAA league in MLB.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,925

Post#1719 » by tugs » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:02 pm

ROballer wrote:Or let the G-leaguers who qualified this team to the Worlds to finish the job. It's a little unfair to them, many probably don't know but the rules changed a bit and the US didn't get a bye for being the current champions as last editions.

Great idea actually. But you know, unless NBA execs use this stage as a platform to showcase their players in the hopes of getting casual fans to follow their teams and improve their marketing numbers. *shrugs*
ROballer
General Manager

Post#1720 » by ROballer » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 pm

This continental parity is driving me crazy. Teams like Croatia and Slovenia(defending European champs) are sitting their ass at home while I get to watch the filipino midgets get mauled by Italy. They don't have any business being here, same thing from some teams in Africa. Europe should get more spots, Asia/Africa less.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers