Which team in the Southeast Division had the best offseason?

RealGM Polls
Veteran
And1: 10

Which team in the Southeast Division had the best offseason? 

Post#1 » by RealGM Polls » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:45 pm

1. Hawks
2. Heat
3. Hornets
4. Magic
5. Wizards
ts15
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Which team in the Southeast Division had the best offseason? 

Post#2 » by ts15 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:16 pm

Miami is the default answer but giving up Josh Richardson was huge for them. Outside of Dragic, Herro and maybe fat Dion there is zero 3pt shooting on that team. -Wade/Richardson/Whiteside + Jimmy Buckets/Herro. Just doesn't seem like a huge improvement to me
ItsAJyaKnow
Bench Warmer
And1: 10

Post#3 » by ItsAJyaKnow » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:09 am

ts15 wrote:Miami is the default answer but giving up Josh Richardson was huge for them. Outside of Dragic, Herro and maybe fat Dion there is zero 3pt shooting on that team. -Wade/Richardson/Whiteside + Jimmy Buckets/Herro. Just doesn't seem like a huge improvement to me

Reality is Josh.. just wasnt that good. Everyone makes him out to be this amazing player now that the heat traded him. Maybe if he figures out where the out of bounds line is then that'll help a lot.. But i've seen every one of his games, it's just funny how everyone portrays a player on the heat vs when they're not on the team anymore. They're just an ok role player but when they trade them away, they're these amazing players.
- I am Heat Nation.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#4 » by alienpick » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:40 pm

ItsAJyaKnow wrote:
ts15 wrote:Miami is the default answer but giving up Josh Richardson was huge for them. Outside of Dragic, Herro and maybe fat Dion there is zero 3pt shooting on that team. -Wade/Richardson/Whiteside + Jimmy Buckets/Herro. Just doesn't seem like a huge improvement to me

Reality is Josh.. just wasnt that good. Everyone makes him out to be this amazing player now that the heat traded him. Maybe if he figures out where the out of bounds line is then that'll help a lot.. But i've seen every one of his games, it's just funny how everyone portrays a player on the heat vs when they're not on the team anymore. They're just an ok role player but when they trade them away, they're these amazing players.

It's a combination of the trading team hyping up the players value and the receiving team hyping up the deal in order to get the fans on board. Then the media and fans run with the hype
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#5 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:25 am

alienpick wrote:
ItsAJyaKnow wrote:

It's a combination of the trading team hyping up the players value and the receiving team hyping up the deal in order to get the fans on board. Then the media and fans run with the hype

Orlando is second...but not a very close one...offseason wise.

The heat got a legit all star and a leader while dumping whiteside....yes, they had to trade a potentially good player, but they got rid of an anchor ( financially and on the court ) and are now probably a top 5-6 team in the east. Jimmy is going to open up so many passing lanes for dragic a very good point who will meah with butler well. and now you dont have whiteside clogging the middle.

It's the default answer because its so obvious.

That said orlando will only get better with continuity and will be a playoff team again.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#6 » by Buzzard » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:51 am

Got to go with the Hawks and the added potential of Hunter, Reddish, and Fernando. Then the much needed bench scoring of Parker and I think they have a real shot at upsetting the apple cart in the Southeast. Jimmy buckets for all his acclaim could not put the Sixers over the top; and now he is right where he likes to be, the best player on what will at best be a treadmill team.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams

Return to Polls Discussion