Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#1 » by NYG » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 am

Los Angeles Clippers get:
Andre Iguodala

-The Clippers would have ridiculous perimeter defense depth between Iguodala, Kawhi, George, Beverley, etc. Iguodala is the kind of glue guy veteran that could help the Clippers gel early.

Memphis Grizzlies get:
Maurice Harkless
Jerome Robinson
2020 Lottery Protected Los Angeles Clippers First Round Draft Pick (Becomes Two Second Round Draft Picks If Not Conveyed)

-The Grizzlies take a flier on a young piece and add a first round draft pick that would be likely to convey. The biggest problem may be the roster spots honestly.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#2 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:06 am

I think Harkless/Robinson is more than enough, no way Clippers add a FRP.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Re: Andre Iguodala for Maurice Harkless, Jerome Robinson and Lottery Protected L.A. Clippers 2020 First Round Draft Pick 

Post#3 » by Resistance » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:16 am

If the Clippers were going to to do this, then I would think that it would have already been done.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#5 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:46 am

How far off is Harkless compared to Iguodala defensively? (Didn't watch many Portland games)

Either way, Harkless being much younger and with the ability to play the 4 I'm not sure they should move him for a much older player.

But if they did, I believe a first round pick is an overpay.
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,433

Post#6 » by gom » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 am

I'd keep Harkless myself, especially if Memphis asks the Clippers for a pick. Harkless was an excellent addition for the Clippers.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,498

Post#7 » by HornetJail » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 pm

this is way too much
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#8 » by Darren » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:07 pm

No team will give a first for 37 yo AI. AI is not final piece of any puzzle. And the champion opportunity is wide-opened with KD and Kawhi leaving for new team. Of course, Curry and KT season-ending injury is also a factor. Let assume LAL is the team to beat, what team adding AI will stop LAL? AI is injury-prone. AI cannot seem to stop Kawhi either. I doubt AI could stop LBJ or AD. I also don't think AI could stop Giannis. The trade value is a second rounder at best. Memphis could decide to take a second rounder or just waiving AI. I don't think anything could change by the deadline for the above reason. Therefore, Memphis are better off getting a deal done before the season. Or else, Memphis loses the tank as well.

In fact, LAL is not that difficult to beat despite all the hypes. With a solid coach and capable roster, anything could happen.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#9 » by E S V L » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Clippers may send Harkless and Robinson to a 3d team for some benefits back and an expiring going to Memphis, which doesn’t care of these guys.
FK NFL
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#10 » by Pinkyring » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:45 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:How far off is Harkless compared to Iguodala defensively? (Didn't watch many Portland games)

Either way, Harkless being much younger and with the ability to play the 4 I'm not sure they should move him for a much older player.

But if they did, I believe a first round pick is an overpay.

Harkless can't defend nor can he play the 4
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,567

Post#11 » by Sofia » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:47 pm

I wouldn’t do this even if the pick was taken out
President of the Grady Dick Fanclub - top ****
President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub - go stiffies!
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#13 » by NYG » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:47 pm

Is it the pick? Would Harkless/Robinson for Iggy make more sense?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#14 » by jbk1234 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm

Iggy doesn't have this type of value and the Clippers aren't going to spend the limited assets they have on Iggy when they'll be starting PG, Leonard, and Beverly.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,657

Post#15 » by ejftw » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:31 am

NYG wrote:Is it the pick? Would Harkless/Robinson for Iggy make more sense?

Still is a no..
Not sure if do Mo for Iggy
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#16 » by 50CalClips » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Darren wrote:No team will give a first for 37 yo AI. AI is not final piece of any puzzle. And the champion opportunity is wide-opened with KD and Kawhi leaving for new team. Of course, Curry and KT season-ending injury is also a factor. Let assume LAL is the team to beat, what team adding AI will stop LAL? AI is injury-prone. AI cannot seem to stop Kawhi either. I doubt AI could stop LBJ or AD. I also don't think AI could stop Giannis. The trade value is a second rounder at best. Memphis could decide to take a second rounder or just waiving AI. I don't think anything could change by the deadline for the above reason. Therefore, Memphis are better off getting a deal done before the season. Or else, Memphis loses the tank as well.

In fact, LAL is not that difficult to beat despite all the hypes. With a solid coach and capable roster, anything could happen.

Iguodala is 35 yo. Maybe a 1st is too much, but dont tell me that Iguodala can't help a Title Contending team.

Against AD? Giannis?... No.
But against James Harden, Steph Curry, Damian Lillard... Yeah.

At 35 yrs old he played 30 minutes per game in the Post-Season (10, 4, and 4).

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#18 » by babyjax13 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:Harkless, McGruder, Robinson for Iggy, Crowder, Melton

Seems more reasonable. I think Robinson is underrated, but I was really high on him in the draft, so IDK.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#19 » by E S V L » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

babyjax13 wrote:

Seems more reasonable. I think Robinson is underrated, but I was really high on him in the draft, so IDK.

Easy no from Memphis. I am not sure I am ready to trade Melton for Robinson straight.

The Grizzlies are seeking only a FRP for Igoudala. Thus, the formula for a successful trade is simple: Clippers send a FRP to Memphis and whoever they want to a 3d party for some value back and an expring going to Memphis.
FK NFL
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 20,784

Post#20 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:06 pm

E S V L wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Easy no from Memphis. I am not sure I am ready to trade Melton for Robinson straight.

The Grizzlies are seeking only a FRP for Igoudala. Thus, the formula for a successful trade is simple: Clippers send a FRP to Memphis and whoever they want to a 3d party for some value back and an expring going to Memphis.

Clips trade Hark, Robinson to OKC, OKC trades Roberson and DEN 1st to MEM, Iggy to LAC

Return to Trades and Transactions