ImageImageImage

Booker Discussion, news and highlights

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Where would you rank last year's Booker on the 2004-05 team?

Best player
11%
2nd best
19%
3rd best
36%
4th best
24%
5th best
10%

Total votes: 103

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Booker updates and news 

Post#541 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 pm

I have a better stupid booker debate than the double team thing.

From a long term development standpoint was booker better or worse with having this garbage team around him the past 4 years?

Now I think the instant reaction is worse but Im going the other way actually think he might have been better for it.

Now from a bad habits on D this is probably true although it's not like he was a good defender in college so we really have no idea.

The basis of my option is offensively. There are very few situations he could have been in where he would have been given the opportunity he's had on O from a usage and diversity of role. Earlier in his career he wasn't very efficient and on a better team his usage would have been curtailed but the suns had pretty much had to live through his growing pains.

Not having a decent PG the past two years has killed the team but realistically has probably helped Booker's long term growth. He's got a lot of reps as a lead guard that should help him moving forward as he moves back over to the two.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,799

Post#542 » by Saberestar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Read on Twitter
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#543 » by matt131 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

KD agrees with book. Case closed. Let's all move on.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#544 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:50 pm

matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

KD agrees with book. Case closed. Let's all move on.
Read on Twitter
?s=19

KD arguing with idiots in the mentions is one of my favorite things.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#545 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:52 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm with Booker on this. Is this a pick up game where you're working on different things or is this an NBA game where you're all about making the right plays?

Passing out of double teams is something you work on in your own time. You don't get 9 other NBA level players on the court so you can individually work on your pass out of double game lol.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#546 » by Qwigglez » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:55 am

Why didn’t we just sign Durant? Wtf man. :lol:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,016

Post#547 » by sunsbg » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:37 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I'm with Booker on this. Is this a pick up game where you're working on different things or is this an NBA game where you're all about making the right plays?

Passing out of double teams is something you work on in your own time. You don't get 9 other NBA level players on the court so you can individually work on your pass out of double game lol.

I have it reversed. You work on your moves in 1-on-none, 1-on-1 sets individually. 3-on-3, 5-on-5 you simply play basketball, which includes double teams. I have no idea what working individually on double teams even means.

Also it's not surprising players like Trae and KD will defend him. I would like to hear from someone like Clay or Green.

Anyway, if they have a rule to not use double teams over there it's OK for him to complain, otherwise it just shows Book wants his own no matter what, which is troubling and thinking more about it he deserves all the criticism. This may turn to be a good thing though if he takes notice and becomes a better team player.

As WeekapaugGroove wrote above the team being bad helped DB's individual development, now it's time for him to grow as a team player.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,051

Post#548 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:17 am

MathiasPW wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:I kinda went off on the GB :oops: .... was having a bad week and some of those with their ludicrous comments on booker and the suns got me triggered.

Not gonna lie, that was a bad look for you out there.

We still love you and support you no matter what here, tho.

Give momma a hug now, come one

it was embarrassing :oops: but I went down swinging for my boi. 8-)

/hug

Took that strike on the chin...

Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#549 » by Qwigglez » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:49 am

sunsbg wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I'm with Booker on this. Is this a pick up game where you're working on different things or is this an NBA game where you're all about making the right plays?

I have it reversed. You work on your moves in 1-on-none, 1-on-1 sets individually. 3-on-3, 5-on-5 you simply play basketball, which includes double teams. I have no idea what working individually on double teams even means.

Also it's not surprising players like Trae and KD will defend him. I would like to hear from someone like Clay or Green.

Anyway, if they have a rule to not use double teams over there it's OK for him to complain, otherwise it just shows Book wants his own no matter what, which is troubling and thinking more about it he deserves all the criticism. This may turn to be a good thing though if he takes notice and becomes a better team player.

As WeekapaugGroove wrote above the team being bad helped DB's individual development, now it's time for him to grow as a team player.

I’m with KD on this. Imagine your Booker or any young player for that matter and you’re playing in a pickup game against HOfers. You really gonna improve your game defensively if you’re double teaming James Harden, Steph Curry, etc? Don’t think so. Summer time is to improve, try new moves, new things to see what could possibly work in NBA games. How can you improve if all you’re doing is just throwing the ball out to a teammate because you’re only getting double teamed?

I’m not sure why you’d want to hear from Klay or Green, those guys never get double teamed, Klay isn’t a creator. I also find it strange that this shows Booker just wants his own. You think Book is out there to help other players like Snell, Noah improve? Nah, this is about self improvement, damn right he should be selfish. I don’t find it at all concerning. I’m not entirely sure how he hasn’t improved his team ball either. With the team being so bad the past few seasons I feel like his passing has improved, and he’s a willing passer. His team game will improve when he has proven teammates. This season it appears he has that so we’ll see.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#550 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:57 am

Qwigglez wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

I’m with KD on this. Imagine your Booker or any young player for that matter and you’re playing in a pickup game against HOfers. You really gonna improve your game defensively if you’re double teaming James Harden, Steph Curry, etc? Don’t think so. Summer time is to improve, try new moves, new things to see what could possibly work in NBA games. How can you improve if all you’re doing is just throwing the ball out to a teammate because you’re only getting double teamed?

I’m not sure why you’d want to hear from Klay or Green, those guys never get double teamed, Klay isn’t a creator. I also find it strange that this shows Booker just wants his own. You think Book is out there to help other players like Snell, Noah improve? Nah, this is about self improvement, damn right he should be selfish. I don’t find it at all concerning. I’m not entirely sure how he hasn’t improved his team ball either. With the team being so bad the past few seasons I feel like his passing has improved, and he’s a willing passer. His team game will improve when he has proven teammates. This season it appears he has that so we’ll see.

I have no opinion on this topic.

But honestly everything's been said either in this thread or the next

But we will be back this season showing everyone whos best

We got Ayton, book, rubio, and oubre

Bout to storm the courts, top the charts like its D-day.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#551 » by Qwigglez » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:00 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:I kinda went off on the GB :oops: .... was having a bad week and some of those with their ludicrous comments on booker and the suns got me triggered.

/hug

I can’t stand the GB. First off, I don’t have cable, just have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. just can’t stand commercials anymore :lol:
Anyway, I do see certain highlights on the gram or YT where ESPN analyst and what not just constantly crap all over the Suns. Well, the GB is just an echo chamber of what the national media portrayal of the Suns. Its so toxic on that board.

“bOoKeR iS NeGatIVe Assettt,” “hiS CoNTract mAKes uNtRadeBLE,” “SUns SHoUld TraDE hIM 4 kUzMA & AVery BrADleY, 2 2nD Rd Pixs, ThATs guD Trad3 fOr SnS.”

Yup, it’s annoying.

(Now I feel obligated to see what the fuss is about.)

*I really shouldn’t even check should I?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#552 » by sunsbg » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 am

Qwigglez wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

You really gonna improve your game defensively if you’re double teaming James Harden, Steph Curry, etc?

Why not ? Double teams mean at least you are paying attention, which is important for team defense.

How can you improve if all you’re doing is just throwing the ball out to a teammate because you’re only getting double

Nobody is doubled on every play. Like it or not it's a part of the game, deal with it or ask NBA to forbid it. There is a chance a rule is accepted a double team is not allowed on a star player.

You think Book is out there to help other players like Snell, Noah improve?

You think Noah is out there, so Book improves his ISO play. If all he wants is to beat his man off the dribble or shoot over him while dribbling for 5s he's losing the time of 8 more people. In this case just call one of your teammates and practice 1-on-1. It goes both ways.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#553 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:42 am

Qwigglez wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:

/hug

I can’t stand the GB. First off, I don’t have cable, just have Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. just can’t stand commercials anymore :lol:
Anyway, I do see certain highlights on the gram or YT where ESPN analyst and what not just constantly crap all over the Suns. Well, the GB is just an echo chamber of what the national media portrayal of the Suns. Its so toxic on that board.

“bOoKeR iS NeGatIVe Assettt,” “hiS CoNTract mAKes uNtRadeBLE,” “SUns SHoUld TraDE hIM 4 kUzMA & AVery BrADleY, 2 2nD Rd Pixs, ThATs guD Trad3 fOr SnS.”

Yup, it’s annoying.

(Now I feel obligated to see what the fuss is about.)

*I really shouldn’t even check should I?

Idk but I just made the most cringe post ever... (fo eva eva)

If ur gunna check it out prepare for sad news,

"Suns suck all they do is lose"

Now you aint wrong
been a dumpster fire for way to long

"hey book you want to make the hall of fame?
prove us wrong and start winning some games"

Bitch im one of the best in the league
Got dealt a hand that said cancerous disease (Sarver)

"Why you moaning you sound like you're loathing
Didn't you at least have some good coaching?"

Let me see...

1 coach 2 coach 3 and to the 5
How many more before the day i die?

"Stars make players better like kevin durant
How come he can do that but you cant?"

We talkin about his days in OKC?
Because he joined a 73 win team thats just lazy

"Back to the issue at hand
Atleast he broght his team to the promised land"

Well KD might be a deity
But lets not forget he had deities

I was stuck between a corpse and a fetus
I finally have a team now just see if you can beat us
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#554 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:58 am

100k upvotes for my **** rap and ill put it on the GB with a video of me eating my computer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Post#555 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:48 am

Don't take these things personally. People's opinions about Booker or our team won't change with arguments. He will prove things himself.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#556 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:52 am

sunsbg wrote:

I think he should get double teamed in pick up games. It only helps him for the regular season, when that will surely happen. He needs to improve a little on making the right reads and passes out of them. No big deal. We all know he can score on anyone 1 on 1.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#557 » by sunsbg » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:24 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

I think he should get double teamed in pick up games. It only helps him for the regular season, when that will surely happen. He needs to improve a little on making the right reads and passes out of them. No big deal. We all know he can score on anyone 1 on 1.

Exactly what I said so far, but starting to think it might be a big deal for someone who's accused of being a ball watcher on D and clearly doesn't like double teams. How do you get him to play good team D with this mindset of "eat or be eaten"?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#558 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:59 am

sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Exactly what I said so far, but starting to think it might be a big deal for someone who's accused of being a ball watcher on D and clearly doesn't like double teams. How do you get him to play good team D with this mindset of "eat or be eaten"?

I don't know if we will ever get him to play good D, at least off ball and not losing his man. He should improve to some extent, but he's going to want to. That's one of the reasons I wish he would have done Team USA and gotten some Pop coaching. I think Ayton is much more likely to improve on D, but at least we have Rubio and hopefully Bridges book-ending Booker, so that helps. I still think Oubre belongs on the second unit because he is not great on off ball D either and his offense creation would be more useful with the second crew, but we'll see.

Hopefully Saric is adequate and not a big liability on D. And hopefully Ayton is MUCH improved. That's hopefully his primary focus. I want him to add the 3, but the D is vastly more important right now.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#559 » by Bob8 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I don't know if we will ever get him to play good D, at least off ball and not losing his man. He should improve to some extent, but he's going to want to. That's one of the reasons I wish he would have done Team USA and gotten some Pop coaching. I think Ayton is much more likely to improve on D, but at least we have Rubio and hopefully Bridges book-ending Booker, so that helps. I still think Oubre belongs on the second unit because he is not great on off ball D either and his offense creation would be more useful with the second crew, but we'll see.

Hopefully Saric is adequate and not a big liability on D. And hopefully Ayton is MUCH improved. That's hopefully his primary focus. I want him to add the 3, but the D is vastly more important right now.

I have been watching Saric for years and unfortunately he’s a very big liability in D. He’s very soft player.
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,728

Post#560 » by darmani » Mon Sep 2, 2019 3:44 pm

"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker

Return to Phoenix Suns