ImageImageImageImageImage

Brian Sieman is moving from radio to TV; Chauncey Billups to join as Color Analyst

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Don Tommy
Senior
And1: 283

Re: Brian Sieman is moving from radio to TV 

Post#21 » by Don Tommy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:29 am

Young Sterling wrote:
Method28 wrote:
Young Sterling wrote:Yesss, I can't wait to fill my ears with Sieman!!!
Mom? Is that you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

^ Underrated Response.

Also, if you want to bring in a former Clipper who hasn't lost a bunch of respect... CAT Mobley?

I've listened to him on the occasional Saturday while driving into work. I'm biased, but he is so much better than the ex NFL players they have on there!
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#22 » by mkwest » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#23 » by Max Headrom » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:55 pm

mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I like this. A former Clipper but not a Clipper long enough to have super homer analysis (Mike Smith)
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Nice Get 

Post#24 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:14 pm

I've been hoping to get Grant Hill to be a part of our telecast team, but Chauncey Billups is a great get in the role of color commentary. Hopefully, we'll completely move away from the likes of Corey Maggette and Ryan Hollins. Rosalyn Gold-Onwude is a talented on-air personality and she'd be another welcomed addition to the team despite her previous affiliation with the Warriors.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Nice Get 

Post#25 » by mkwest » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:34 pm

Ranma wrote:I've been hoping to get Grant Hill to be a part of our telecast team, but Chauncey Billups is a great get in the role of color commentary. Hopefully, we'll completely move away from the likes of Corey Maggette and Ryan Hollins. Rosalyn Gold-Onwude is a talented on-air personality and she'd be another welcomed addition to the team despite her previous affiliation with the Warriors.

Hill is a part owner of the Hawks, so that might be a conflict of interest.

I'm just happy it's not somebody like Reggie Miller.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Re: Brian Sieman is moving from radio to TV; Chauncey Billups to join as Color Analyst 

Post#26 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 pm

i think chauncey would be great at this. good get.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Brian Sieman is moving from radio to TV; Chauncey Billups to join as Color Analyst 

Post#27 » by TheNewEra » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:08 pm

So on off nights for the clippers he will travel to cover other games for espn?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#28 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 pm

TheNewEra wrote:So on off nights for the clippers he will travel to cover other games for espn?

Dunno which will be Chauncey's priority but Don McLean remains in the bullpen as an able fill-in

Thank God no ESL Corey
Chauncey is fine
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#29 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:42 am

I was hoping for Maclean full time but maybe he can’t accommodate his schedule to that
Ranma
RealGM

Ralph Approves of Pairing 

Post#30 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:41 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#31 » by clipsfever » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:48 pm

I also welcome Chauncey, but do hope that we get a nice dose of Donny Mac on the studio show, and in the color seat on the main broadcast when Billups is on ESPN.

If Ballmer wants to send a jet to Bend, OR to pick up Ralph for quick flights to GSW, POR and SLC... I'm all for a "sliding retirement". Lawler deserves to call a few games of a "championship quality" Clipper team.
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#32 » by 50CalClips » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Love it.

America's Team is making all the right moves.
Ranma
RealGM

Get on It, Clippers! [Updated] 

Post#33 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Assessments on Eagle & Siemans 

Post#34 » by Ranma » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:36 am

Read on Twitter

David J. Halberstam, SportsBroadcastJournal.com (8/12/19)
Despite a glut of interest in the radio role from veteran announcers, the Clippers are choosing Eagle, 22, who’s highly touted but vastly inexperienced. Sieman too has limited television experience.

Eagle recently graduated Syracuse’s star-studded Newhouse School and Sieman studied under the esteemed Tom Hedrick at Kansas.

Eagle has never done a regular season NBA game. To my knowledge, only Marv Albert called one at a younger age, doing so as a fill-in for his mentor Marty Glickman on January 27, 1963. Marv was 21 years and 8 months young when he did a Knicks-Celtics game at the old Boston Garden. Albert was 26 when he was named the Knicks fulltime voice in 1967.

Two years later, in 1969, Noah’s dad, Ian, was born. The elder Eagle is an NFL and college basketball announcer for CBS. The younger Eagle was a finalist for the Jim Nantz Award, honoring the most outstanding collegiate sportscaster. The winner, announced in May, was Drew Carter who like Eagle is an SU 2019 alum.

Moving from radio to television, Sieman’s call will require a major adjustment, something he’s quite capable of making. Brian’s knowledgeable, well-schooled, articulate and never gropes for the right word.

Too often though, his call on radio was frenzied and somewhat hyperbolic. Not every quarter of every contest merits the treatment of game seven of the championship series. Brian paused too infrequently, delivered an avalanche of information and produced a deluge of clichés. (Joe Tait, where are you? These newer voices need a little training.)

Television of course is a matter of captioning the picture levelheadedly and in measured intervals. Sieman will get it done. It’s easier to apply the brakes than to accelerate.

NBA’s Clippers, Pelicans, Wizards and Trailblazers Make Talent Changes for Coming Season
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by mkwest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:16 am

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#36 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:58 am

mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Corey seems to be emerging out from the #MeToo rape allegation cloud that ripped him off the air last spring and made him an unperson.

But the lieutenant governor of Virginia was also accused by the same woman, and he just hit back HARD against the media.

Va. Lt. Gov. hits CBS News with $400 Million lawsuit, alleges it aired 'politically motivated' sexual assault accusations

https://www.foxnews.com/media/justin-fairfax-400-million-lawsuit-cbs-news

Fairfax is seeking $400 million in damages and claims CBS News aired “intentionally fabricated, false, and politically motivated statements” made by Meredith Watson and Vanessa Tyson, who have accused him of sexual assault.

“CBS published, promoted, and amplified these false statements during separate interviews with CBS This Morning’s Gayle King broadcast by CBS to a national audience,” the suit states.

Fairfax also indicated that he feels CBS “had a clear agenda and media bias in seeking to support #MeToo accusers” after the network was plagued with its own issues.

Whoa. Fake news on trial, dude.

And good luck for Corey, who was obviously advised to lay low until Fairfax hit back. [What I would have advised if I were his agent or lawyer. Corey has no clout. Just another athlete.]

It was a no-win situation for Corey. It looks like the coast is clear for now but this really ruined Corey's life. Especially if he's innocent. [Insert Kobe reference here.]

And that said, what the hell happened to Don McLean, easily the best Clipper commentator? Professionally speaking, Corey is nowhere in McLean's league. He knows less about basketball and even less about the English language. This is brutal.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#37 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:53 am

if true, Brian wasn't the first choice

boo hiss

22-yr-old Noah Eagle takes over on radio

Read on Twitter
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#38 » by Young Sterling » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Heck yeah, glad Corey is back. When Lou Williams was tearing it up in the 4th, listening to Corey postulate on which desert Lou was going to serve up on the opposing team that night as he was doing it just made it that much more entertaining.

I'm defending a guy on sexual harassment suit right now and it's just so painfully obvious that the woman is lying and just trying to come up on some dollars. Based on the news that surfaced about Corey's accuser, I'd say he's one of those guys just going through the ringer because of his status and position. Glad to see the Clippers weren't just blindly going along with the accusations but actually did their own due diligence. Any guy who is successful in this country, beware. :noway:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#39 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Young Sterling wrote:Heck yeah, glad Corey is back. When Lou Williams was tearing it up in the 4th, listening to Corey postulate on which desert Lou was going to serve up on the opposing team that night as he was doing it just made it that much more entertaining.

I'm defending a guy on sexual harassment suit right now and it's just so painfully obvious that the woman is lying and just trying to come up on some dollars. Based on the news that surfaced about Corey's accuser, I'd say he's one of those guys just going through the ringer because of his status and position. Glad to see the Clippers weren't just blindly going along with the accusations but actually did their own due diligence. Any guy who is successful in this country, beware. :noway:

I could agree except for this one wrinkle.

Monday, the Times reported Watson had told friends in the past that she was raped by Maggette and that school officials did not pursue the claim despite Watson allegedly reporting the incident to a dean at the university.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/report-former-duke-player-corey-maggette-was-accused-of-raping-woman-in-1999-her-friends-say/

Phantom memories that pop up years later after the fact are one thing, but this is quite another. We are well aware of universities burying this kind of stuff.

But in the end, all we can say is that the truth can't ever be known for sure, and that nobody should have to pay with their career over something 20 years ago there is reasonable doubt about.

ADD: Re the money angle, I'm not finding anything that says Meredith Watson is suing Corey. She is pointedly NOT suing the lieutenant governor of Virginia.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/im-willing-to-testify-in-public-justin-fairfax-should-too/2019/02/18/d2ff73f6-31ec-11e9-813a-0ab2f17e305b_story.html
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#40 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers