ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,372

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#401 » by god shammgod » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:17 pm

they're just waiting in case something changes unexpectedly

a-he develops into what they want him to be
b-someone gives them an offer they like

in the meantime it just costs them a roster spot
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#402 » by BeagleBoss » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:they're just waiting in case something changes unexpectedly

Or c-they waive him.

Don't be surprised if Ntilikina doesn't make the team.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#403 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
GONYK wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
Cause Ntilikina has no value. We couldn't even get a 2nd rounder for him. Nobody is going to pay $6M for the worst offensive player in the league. Doesn't matter how good his defense is. Players who cannot contribute on offense cannot play in today's league.

This is wrong. We already know that Orlando is very interested. They aren't trading nothing.

We chose not to trade him for a 2nd or similar low value.

If Orlando really wanted him, I think they could have had him for their 2nd rounder (46th). Logic says they didn't want to spend almost $5M on a player when you can get the same level of player for a non-guaranteed rookie contract at 46.

You're misunderstanding me. The Knicks had conversations with teams. Those teams had to be offering something.

If a team offered the 59th pick in the draft, the Knicks turned it down.

Why did they turn it down if they don't have plans to develop him?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#404 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
god shammgod wrote:they're just waiting in case something changes unexpectedly

Or c-they waive him.

Don't be surprised if Ntilikina doesn't make the team.

You spelled Kadeem Allen wrong :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,372

Post#405 » by god shammgod » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 pm

interestingly enough, bleacher report did a re-draft of 2017 today

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849367-re-drafting-markelle-fultz-lonzo-ball-and-the-2017-nba-draft-2-years-later

dennis fell to 13
Flash plays have kept hope alive for Smith, a top-10 talent whose suspect decision-making and shooting have led to frustrating inconsistency. His explosiveness and skill level still hint at star potential, which continues to buy him time after two up-and-down seasons. His hesitation drives, shot creativity and passing continue to excite. At No. 13, it's worth finding out if he can raise his court awareness, concentration and three-point percentage above 35 percent.

dotson moves up to 22
Dotson has quietly been building a case for himself in New York, giving the Knicks a shot-maker who competes defensively. He settles for tough jumpers too often, but that's also a result of having to step outside his wheelhouse on a young team lacking stars and veterans. Dotson would be an interesting addition to a more proven roster looking for a three-and-D role player.

frank fell to 24
Ntilikina's predraft concerns have come to life in New York, where his lack of burst has caused him to struggle creating separation and finishing at the rim. He still possesses promising defensive ability and passing skills suited for a backup or supporting role. He'll need his spot-up and pull-up jumper to become more reliable threats, however.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#406 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:24 pm

god shammgod wrote:interestingly enough, bleacher report did a re-draft of 2017 today

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2849367-re-drafting-markelle-fultz-lonzo-ball-and-the-2017-nba-draft-2-years-later

dennis fell to 13
Flash plays have kept hope alive for Smith, a top-10 talent whose suspect decision-making and shooting have led to frustrating inconsistency. His explosiveness and skill level still hint at star potential, which continues to buy him time after two up-and-down seasons. His hesitation drives, shot creativity and passing continue to excite. At No. 13, it's worth finding out if he can raise his court awareness, concentration and three-point percentage above 35 percent.

dotson moves up to 22
Dotson has quietly been building a case for himself in New York, giving the Knicks a shot-maker who competes defensively. He settles for tough jumpers too often, but that's also a result of having to step outside his wheelhouse on a young team lacking stars and veterans. Dotson would be an interesting addition to a more proven roster looking for a three-and-D role player.

frank fell to 24
Ntilikina's predraft concerns have come to life in New York, where his lack of burst has caused him to struggle creating separation and finishing at the rim. He still possesses promising defensive ability and passing skills suited for a backup or supporting role. He'll need his spot-up and pull-up jumper to become more reliable threats, however.

Fair
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#407 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:28 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Why do you guys keep ignoring the fact that Frank was dealing with injuries last season.

Frank earned a starting role and got hurt. Then when he came back he dealt with a groin injury.

as someone who aint anti-frank, this never happened.

once they signed payton it was over for frank this year. if they wanted to give frank a good look they wouldn't have done it.

I don't disagree.

It does beg the question though: Why are they holding on to him?

I think they view him as more of a wing than a lead guard and will have him compete with Dotson, Barrett, Ellington, etc. for playing time. Also I don't think it's smart for any team to go into the year without a pg who's played steady minutes for at least 3 years. I'm convinced Payton is there just in case both Dennis and Frank disappoint again.

They won't admit it publicly, but I think the Knicks heard some things behind the scenes about how bad they were last year and don't want that embarrassment anymore.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#408 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:32 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
as someone who aint anti-frank, this never happened.

once they signed payton it was over for frank this year. if they wanted to give frank a good look they wouldn't have done it.

I don't disagree.

It does beg the question though: Why are they holding on to him?

I think they view him as more of a wing than a lead guard and will have him compete with Dotson, Barrett, Ellington, etc. for playing time. Also I don't think it's smart for any team to go into the year without a pg who's played steady minutes for at least 3 years. I'm convinced Payton is there just in case both Dennis and Frank disappoint again.

They won't admit it publicly, but I think the Knicks heard some things behind the scenes about how bad they were last year and don't want that embarrassment anymore.

Is that before or after all the free agents called Mills and Dolan and expressed how interested they were? :lol:

I think Payton was brought in with a minutes promise. He basically said that was the case right after his signing. So whether he starts or comes off the bench, he's fixture in the rotation.

So he's DSJ insurance at worst, but definitely didn't come here to be behind Frank.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,043

Post#409 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:40 pm

I would’ve stayed away from signing Payton and let Frank get some minutes. But he also has to earn them too.

Payton is good but the reality is that he doesn’t do anything for us in the long term.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#410 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Frank was probably the odd man out if we were able to sign 2 max cats. I think then he would have been moved for a 2nd rounder to give us a little room

We still may move him, but there's no reason to be in a rush at this point if we are not getting any good offers. May as well see how things look this season.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#411 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Payton is good but the reality is that he doesn’t do anything for us in the long term.

So you want to tank again?
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#412 » by King of Canada » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:54 pm

remi_222 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
Last year, we invested heavily in Mudiay, even though we knew he wasn't going to be here this season. This year, we'll be investing heavily in Payton, even though he won't be here in a year. Frank will be glued to the bench, while Knox, RJ, Trier and DS Jr will be allowed to chuck at will.

We could have seasoned Frank in the G-league for two years but this is our "plan".

I agree 100% about that. Frank should have been in the g league from day one. We would have known one way or the other a long time ago what he's worth.

Again, ppl dont understand!!!! thats crazy to not understand it !!!
Frank isnt the type of player you want in unorganized bball ! and what is G-League ? the Kingdom of unorganized bball !

Westchester actually would have been a good place for him. The coaching is top notch, and the team is a winner, so he would have been playing competitive ball.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#413 » by remi_222 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:02 pm

King of Canada wrote:
remi_222 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
I agree 100% about that. Frank should have been in the g league from day one. We would have known one way or the other a long time ago what he's worth.

Frank isnt the type of player you want in unorganized bball ! and what is G-League ? the Kingdom of unorganized bball !

Westchester actually would have been a good place for him. The coaching is top notch, and the team is a winner, so he would have been playing competitive ball.

I'mnot saying that G-League players dont know how to play bball, im saying that the game they play there is way too selfish, the primary desire their is to shine individually and not as a team !
This combinaison makes impossible Ntilikina to express the bball that he loves to play.
If you watch France games, you'd see a very coherent way to use Frank, you'd see roles, systems ... you'd see organization ! And as long as the NYK dont give him a real chance (min 20min a game), it wont change
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,043

Post#414 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:08 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Payton is good but the reality is that he doesn’t do anything for us in the long term.

I don’t think Payton is good enough to make us go from a tanking team to the playoffs either
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#415 » by Kampuchea » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Entering the season with DSJ and Frank as the only PGs (Trier as emergency) would have been a bad idea.

the spot they used for payton could have went to a vet or a g-league type like russell. someone who wasn't guaranteed minutes but could play if he had to.

Jarret Jack would have been my choice.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#416 » by malik959 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:11 pm

If they send Frank to the G-league I'm watching. Frank, Iggy, and Wooten?? Niiiiice!

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#417 » by NYKAL » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:26 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I would’ve stayed away from signing Payton and let Frank get some minutes. But he also has to earn them too.

Payton is good but the reality is that he doesn’t do anything for us in the long term.

why wouldn't you want to upgrade the point. Elfred is already the best point guard on the team...better than DSJ. Neither are great shooters but, El is a better passer, rebounder and defender than DSJ. Frank isn't a point even though he can make a decent pass. Frank is here in case of an injury at this point
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Post#418 » by iLLmatic860 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:

I don’t think Payton is good enough to make us go from a tanking team to the playoffs either

But Frank gives us a better chance this season?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#419 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:there's a lot of fighting over nothing in here. i mean, he's not gonna really play. it's a numbers thing and there's just too many people in front of him. whether you think he has promise or not doesn't even matter.

You are probably right. But it’s a long season. I’m expecting him to get a shot at some point during the season. Hopefully he’s ready to take advantage.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#420 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:19 pm

remi_222 wrote:
King of Canada wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:
Last year, we invested heavily in Mudiay, even though we knew he wasn't going to be here this season. This year, we'll be investing heavily in Payton, even though he won't be here in a year. Frank will be glued to the bench, while Knox, RJ, Trier and DS Jr will be allowed to chuck at will.

We could have seasoned Frank in the G-league for two years but this is our "plan".

Tbf I think the Knicks have done a nice job of at least trying to make g league a bit more cohesive. I don’t think it would have been quite as bad as you make it out. Frank isn’t a pg though and I think some of his issues still would have surfaced in g league.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,

Return to New York Knicks