ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,485

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1661 » by YelloC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:06 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
sportsyard wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
did someone say max out DeJounte Murray?

thats a move that gets an executive fired. a role player getting max pay is like Wiggins territory. :lol:

spurs will match anything that isn't a max out. the kid is a superstar in waiting. all defensive team already

8.1 ppg on 7.5 shots
26% from 3
44% fg

We don't have the same definition of superstar.....

Who’s the odd man out in San Antonio?
Lonnie Walker, DJ Murray and Derrick White are the locks. That leaves Patty Mills, Bryn Forbes and Bellineli with diminished roles. Bryn Forbes could help our backcourt and is a decent shooter. Bellineli might want more opportunity but he’s pretty inconsistent game to game. We could use his shooting but his Defence probably negates any positive impact at this point.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#1662 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:12 am

YelloC wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
sportsyard wrote:
spurs will match anything that isn't a max out. the kid is a superstar in waiting. all defensive team already

8.1 ppg on 7.5 shots
26% from 3
44% fg

Lonnie Walker, DJ Murray and Derrick White are the locks. That leaves Patty Mills, Bryn Forbes and Bellineli with diminished roles. Bryn Forbes could help our backcourt and is a decent shooter. Bellineli might want more opportunity but he’s pretty inconsistent game to game. We could use his shooting but his Defence probably negates any positive impact at this point.

Bryn Forbes? Give me Mills.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#1663 » by Syd-TK3 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:39 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
YelloC wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
8.1 ppg on 7.5 shots
26% from 3
44% fg

The point is to go after young talent with upside not more declining players if you can't steal murray forget it
DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,690

Post#1664 » by DonDoolie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:41 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
YelloC wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
8.1 ppg on 7.5 shots
26% from 3
44% fg

Forbes is way better than patty mills at this point. If we could somehow get our hands on Forbes we should do it ASAP. Excellent shooter from the three, moves well without the ball and can handle the ball a tad bit. He instantly becomes the best shooter on the team. 43% from three last year on 5 attempts and he played all 82 games! Where do I sign up?
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#1665 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am

DonDoolie wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
YelloC wrote:Who’s the odd man out in San Antonio?

Forbes is way better than patty mills at this point. If we could somehow get our hands on Forbes we should do it ASAP. Excellent shooter from the three, moves well without the ball and can handle the ball a tad bit. He instantly becomes the best shooter on the team. 43% from three last year on 5 attempts and he played all 82 games! Where do I sign up?

Way better? Younger maybe. Mills is a great shooter too and in terms of being a competitor he doesn't wimp out on his international obligations. His stroke from deep is a thing of beauty. We have lots of young wings so building serious depth at the point means a later deadline trade could fetch a pick or two.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#1666 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:37 am

I think if we didn't have Thomas, Davis and Powell, FVV and Lowry, I would say i'd be entertained for a player like Mills or Forbes.

i think you would be lucky to have either player tbh. I would not be surprised if they moved Derozan either to make room for all those young guards. (Derozan + one of those young kids for Griffin, for example - Bet Casey would to coach Derozan again)
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,690

Post#1667 » by DonDoolie » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Way better? Younger maybe. Mills is a great shooter too and in terms of being a competitor he doesn't wimp out on his international obligations. His stroke from deep is a thing of beauty. We have lots of young wings so building serious depth at the point means a later deadline trade could fetch a pick or two.

We have no true shooting guard on this roster outside Norman Powell unless you consider Matt Thomas a locked in rotation guy..... also no one in their right min is giving up 2 picks for any of the guards we have on our roster so I’m not sure what you’re getting at?
Making Salat, I ain't miss a beat Praise to Allah, made it out the clink Alhamdulillah, praise be to God Big booty freak, givin' a massage
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#1668 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:55 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:I think if we didn't have Thomas, Davis and Powell, FVV and Lowry, I would say i'd be entertained for a player like Mills or Forbes.

i think you would be lucky to have either player tbh. I would not be surprised if they moved Derozan either to make room for all those young guards. (Derozan + one of those young kids for Griffin, for example - Bet Casey would to coach Derozan again)

Hard to imagine LMA and Griffin co-existing. Aldridge for Griffin, maybe. Griffin and Jak seems like a decent frontcourt.

As for the rest, both SA and Raptors are trying to coalesce young talent into a star SG. We're not natural trading partners.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#1669 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:40 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:I think if we didn't have Thomas, Davis and Powell, FVV and Lowry, I would say i'd be entertained for a player like Mills or Forbes.

Hard to imagine LMA and Griffin co-existing. Aldridge for Griffin, maybe. Griffin and Jak seems like a decent frontcourt.

As for the rest, both SA and Raptors are trying to coalesce young talent into a star SG. We're not natural trading partners.

well they already have Drummond hence why LMA and Drummond even less desirable.

Pistons make the move because their wing players suc, pair up Drummond and Derozan + one of the young players.

SA makes the move because they get to play more of their young and more promising wing players. Moving Derozan is addition by subtraction tbh. Griffin and LMA is a luxury and Pops can make both work if he can make The Admiral and Big Fundamental work together.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#1670 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:18 pm

DonDoolie wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

We have no true shooting guard on this roster outside Norman Powell unless you consider Matt Thomas a locked in rotation guy..... also no one in their right min is giving up 2 picks for any of the guards we have on our roster so I’m not sure what you’re getting at?

I have a feeling the Raptors will activate Terence Davis sooner rather than later.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,020

Post#1671 » by NotMyKawhi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:35 am

I expect Ibaka getting traded to the Blazers....this is the blazers year and ibaka will be their gasol trade
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,138

Post#1672 » by PoundTown » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:12 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

I have a feeling the Raptors will activate Terence Davis sooner rather than later.

Or just a lot of Freddy off the bench.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#1673 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:37 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:I expect Ibaka getting traded to the Blazers....this is the blazers year and ibaka will be their gasol trade

Blazers are mediocre trash, won't even get 50 wins

West version of the Pacers
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#1674 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:28 pm

Looking at Chris Paul, and i'm really really tempted to take him on board for Ibaka + Powell.

Powell might break out, but Chris Paul with Lowry sounds so damn tempting.

Paul
Lowry
Og
Siakim
Gasol

Yeah it's a pretty old team, but damnit, that'd be so fun to watch. The amount of offensive opportunities due to Lowry, Paul's passing game, Jesus.

He's also a massive expiring one year after Giannis's free Agency. But if we really want, we can definitely unload him.

Paul / FVV
Lowry / Terrence Davis / Thomas?
OG / Johnson
Siakim / RHJ
Gasol / ?

Definitely would go to the second or third round again.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#1675 » by mademan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:51 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:Looking at Chris Paul, and i'm really really tempted to take him on board for Ibaka + Powell.

Paul
Lowry
Og
Siakim
Gasol

Yeah it's a pretty old team, but damnit, that'd be so fun to watch. The amount of offensive opportunities due to Lowry, Paul's passing game, Jesus.

He's also a massive expiring one year after Giannis's free Agency. But if we really want, we can definitely unload him.

Paul / FVV
OG / Johnson
Siakim / RHJ
Gasol / ?

Paul and Lowry are fighters for sure and they play bigger than their positions. But starting a backcourt that doesnt break 6 feet is destined to fail
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,228

Post#1676 » by TheAlchemist » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:54 pm

mademan wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:Looking at Chris Paul, and i'm really really tempted to take him on board for Ibaka + Powell.

Paul
Lowry
Og
Siakim
Gasol

Paul / FVV
OG / Johnson
Siakim / RHJ
Gasol / ?

Paul and Lowry are fighters for sure and they play bigger than their positions. But starting a backcourt that doesnt break 6 feet is destined to fail

Yup, I agree in that sense.

But in this situation , failing is subjective in my opinion.

We already failed this season, and quite the next few, with Kawhi Leonard leaving us.

I mean, we cannot defend our championship without our superstar re-signing.

But if we want our name to be consistently out there, and be a threat, these types of trades would make us fun and hold us over until we do get a superstar again.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,644

Post#1677 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:08 pm

I believe Gary Harris makes a lot of sense for this team moving forward.

Why the Nuggets do this:
- Bring in more playoff/championship experience
- Bolster their front court depth
- Gasol is a significant upgrade over Plumlee
- Gasol would play backup to Jokic. I believe at his age, he'll be better suited as the backup C getting 15-25 minutes depending on the matchup
- Gasol & Jokic share a similar playing style and therefore Coach Malone could run the same sets with Gasol on and Jokic off
- Gasol is a much more reliable option than Plumlee, when Jokic gets subbed off in late game situations for defensive purposes
- The rise of Beasley makes Harris expendable (Beasley is 2 years younger & has shown he's more than capable of starting at the 2)
- Powell would be a solid back-up for Beasley
- Frees up about 7-8mil of cap space for the Nuggets in the off-season
- Nuggets, who have one of the best development staff in the league, can afford to experiment with the G-League MVP & DPOY
- Overall, this trade just makes the Nuggets a much more dangerous team in the playoffs

Why The Raptors do this:
- Buy Low on Gary Harris
- He's only 24
- On a very respectable contract 3 years left (18, 19, 20mil respectively)
- 3+D Type of player: An elite shooter, high basketball IQ, very athletic (suuuuper quick + explosive), tenacious defender
- Harris would be a perfect fit beside Siakam (whom we're building the team around). They'd be absolutely lethal on the fastbreak & would work the drive n kick offense to perfection

Last year could be considered very uncharacteristic of Harris and an outlier.

He struggled during the regular season last year (2018-19) because of injuries but still elevated his game & numbers in the playoffs. That's a sign of an elite player with star potential. Loves to play on the big stage and not to mention, he has all the tools to be successful.

In Masai We Trust :meditate:
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,825

Post#1678 » by itbobby007 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Love that Harris trade
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#1679 » by HeadtopChunes » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:42 pm

Thoughts on buying low on Dennis Smith Jr?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,201

Post#1680 » by babyjax13 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:43 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:I believe Gary Harris makes a lot of sense for this team moving forward.

Why the Nuggets do this:
- Bring in more playoff/championship experience
- Bolster their front court depth
- Gasol is a significant upgrade over Plumlee
- Gasol would play backup to Jokic. I believe at his age, he'll be better suited as the backup C getting 15-25 minutes depending on the matchup
- Gasol & Jokic share a similar playing style and therefore Coach Malone could run the same sets with Gasol on and Jokic off
- Gasol is a much more reliable option than Plumlee, when Jokic gets subbed off in late game situations for defensive purposes
- The rise of Beasley makes Harris expendable (Beasley is 2 years younger & has shown he's more than capable of starting at the 2)
- Powell would be a solid back-up for Beasley
- Frees up about 7-8mil of cap space for the Nuggets in the off-season
- Nuggets, who have one of the best development staff in the league, can afford to experiment with the G-League MVP & DPOY
- Overall, this trade just makes the Nuggets a much more dangerous team in the playoffs

Why The Raptors do this:
- Buy Low on Gary Harris
- He's only 24
- On a very respectable contract 3 years left (18, 19, 20mil respectively)
- 3+D Type of player: An elite shooter, high basketball IQ, very athletic (suuuuper quick + explosive), tenacious defender
- Harris would be a perfect fit beside Siakam (whom we're building the team around). They'd be absolutely lethal on the fastbreak & would work the drive n kick offense to perfection

Last year could be considered very uncharacteristic of Harris and an outlier.

He struggled during the regular season last year (2018-19) because of injuries but still elevated his game & numbers in the playoffs. That's a sign of an elite player with star potential. Loves to play on the big stage and not to mention, he has all the tools to be successful.

Trade doesn't make sense for Denver, though. Gasol is redundant, Harris is waaaay better than Powell, and a 2nd round pick + borderline NBA prospect isn't making up the difference. Maybe FVV + filler + incentive (1st(s?) or Anunoby).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Toronto Raptors