ImageImageImageImageImage

The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Re: The Next Official All things Frank Ntilikina Thread 

Post#421 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:50 pm

NYKAL wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I would’ve stayed away from signing Payton and let Frank get some minutes. But he also has to earn them too.

Payton is good but the reality is that he doesn’t do anything for us in the long term.

why wouldn't you want to upgrade the point. Elfred is already the best point guard on the team...better than DSJ. Neither are great shooters but, El is a better passer, rebounder and defender than DSJ. Frank isn't a point even though he can make a decent pass. Frank is here in case of an injury at this point

I personally don’t care that much about Frank. He has ways to go but I think he should get some minutes. I agree he isn’t a point guard but I think the only place for him to get minutes before the Payton signing was at point. We’re loaded at SG, SF so that’s out of the question.

Payton really isn’t much of an upgrade over DSJ. Defensively they are similar. And DSJ has much more upside too.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,372

Post#422 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:57 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:So you want to tank again?

I don’t think Payton is good enough to make us go from a tanking team to the playoffs either

But Frank gives us a better chance this season?

No but I rather see Frank try and prove himself as a long term piece instead of Payton playing for a contract next year.

I don’t hate the Payton signing because I know what he brings to the team and he’s gonna push DSJ to go harder but I would’ve preferred not to sign him and see if Frank can show something.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#423 » by NYKAL » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I would’ve stayed away from signing Payton and let Frank get some minutes. But he also has to earn them too.

Payton is good but the reality is that he doesn’t do anything for us in the long term.

why wouldn't you want to upgrade the point. Elfred is already the best point guard on the team...better than DSJ. Neither are great shooters but, El is a better passer, rebounder and defender than DSJ. Frank isn't a point even though he can make a decent pass. Frank is here in case of an injury at this point

I personally don’t care that much about Frank. He has ways to go but I think he should get some minutes. I agree he isn’t a point guard but I think the only place for him to get minutes before the Payton signing was at point. We’re loaded at SG, SF so that’s out of the question.

Payton really isn’t much of an upgrade over DSJ. Defensively they are similar. And DSJ has much more upside too.

before the moves, I though he'd see burn at the 3 or 2. Now, he'll likely need injuries to get any consistent minutes....that or one of our guards is getting absolutely cooked, they might send Frank it to slow them down.

To be TOTALLY HONEST.....I'd rather see Frank on the floor than DSJ for the team we currently have. DSJ isn't the best distributor or shooter, he's just uber athletic. Frank alongside Elfred would be good defensively and both are team 1st players.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,336

Post#424 » by Zenzibar » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I don’t think Payton is good enough to make us go from a tanking team to the playoffs either

But Frank gives us a better chance this season?

No but I rather see Frank try and prove himself as a long term piece instead of Payton playing for a contract next year.

I don’t hate the Payton signing because I know what he brings to the team and he’s gonna push DSJ to go harder but I would’ve preferred not to sign him and see if Frank can show something.

Last year I would have agreed with this, but it's year 2 of the rebuild and the Knicks want to make a strong push.

Accordingly, the team is loaded with vets upfront, btw whom I'm looking forward to seeing them get things heated...jj

The point position is juiced too. From RJ, DSJ, Payton, at times Frank and my dark-horse for big minutes, Alonzo Trier.

To me, Frank's gonna play lots of back up for Knox whenever the 20 year old gets in early foul trouble.
A line-up which employs shooters like Dot or Ellington, will make up for Frank's lower than expected scoring punch.

But he and Mitch will be a bitsh to score on. Sprinkle a little, i.e Taj, Morris and Dot and if the Knicks have a late lead, its NOT gonna be fun for the opposition.

Who is Frank? A strong minded player, who loves to make plays on defense. Think Football and for example, all-pro safety for the Patriots, Stephon Gilmore.

Check out this write up amd then tell me who he reminds you of. And..if having these types of impact all-D players win Championships.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001037378/article/2019-nfl-season-patrick-peterson-leads-top-10-cornerbacks

Stephon Gilmore.

He's rarely flashy -- although that crucial interception in the Super Bowl was pretty spectacular (see the video above). He's more of a smooth technician who is a monster in coverage. The veteran is so good at disrupting the receiver by using his hands and punching the ball out, even when it looks like a sure reception.
Stop All Genocides
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#425 » by remi_222 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:01 pm

12 pts, 5reb, 3 st in the W vs New Zealand !
He handled the best the team among all the PG !

Slowly but surely ...
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#426 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:29 pm

remi_222 wrote:12 pts, 5reb, 3 st in the W vs New Zealand !
He handled the best the team among all the PG !

Slowly but surely ...

Anywhere to see a box-score?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,477

Post#427 » by mpharris36 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:39 pm

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#428 » by vallen » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:54 pm

I miss the days that Frank would be a dominant dunker because he had longer arms. :lol:
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
Infinitimind
Senior
And1: 398

Post#429 » by Infinitimind » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:00 am

mpharris36 wrote:

He had big impact on the game and it felt like the game change when he came in. He will never be a flashy player but he can impact the game in so many different ways. Hopefully he keeps improving Young back court of RJ, Smith and frank could be tough to deal with moving forward
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,408

Post#430 » by KnicksGod » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:07 am

Maybe we should put one of these French coaches on the staff.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,293

Post#431 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:10 am

KnicksGod wrote:Maybe we should put one of these French coaches on the staff.

Lmao Frank is not that special to get that kinda treatment
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#432 » by seren » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:32 am

NYKAL wrote:

We spent a season and a half catering to Mudiay only to see him go for a minimum. In the meantime, we lost two crucial years of actual playing opportunity for Frank. Now we will repeat the exercise with Payton. If they went ahead and signed a long term PG, I would be okay with that. But another journeyman getting minutes over players you need to evaluate and make decisions on is simply wasteful. Another fail from Knicks franchise
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,604

Post#433 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:21 am

15 minutes, 12 pts, 2 assists, 2 steals

Free Palestine
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,881

Post#434 » by DaGawd » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:30 am

Even Frank's finishes on drives look lucky..and soft
BaF
Washington Wizards
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#435 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:45 am

seren wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

We spent a season and a half catering to Mudiay only to see him go for a minimum. In the meantime, we lost two crucial years of actual playing opportunity for Frank. Now we will repeat the exercise with Payton. If they went ahead and signed a long term PG, I would be okay with that. But another journeyman getting minutes over players you need to evaluate and make decisions on is simply wasteful. Another fail from Knicks franchise

I think the Muiday situation was to help lure in free agents. All to get a good rep around the league. No not the superstar FA’s. Im talking about Free agents who have something to prove. We have a whole squad full of hungry dudes now. I think it worked.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,351

Post#436 » by Fat Kat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:51 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,119

Post#437 » by Juco24 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:12 pm

That shot looks really good though. Great follow through and squares up. Perfect for a 3D
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,994

Post#438 » by GONYK » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:45 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
seren wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

I think the Muiday situation was to help lure in free agents. All to get a good rep around the league. No not the superstar FA’s. Im talking about Free agents who have something to prove. We have a whole squad full of hungry dudes now. I think it worked.

If they came for Mudiay, why did we have to pay them double their market value?
iLLmatic860
General Manager

Post#439 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:54 pm

GONYK wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
seren wrote:

Prob because they could've got a long term contract in a smaller market.

This is how we need to take advantage of the New York market.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,994

Post#440 » by GONYK » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:00 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
GONYK wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:I think the Muiday situation was to help lure in free agents. All to get a good rep around the league. No not the superstar FA’s. Im talking about Free agents who have something to prove. We have a whole squad full of hungry dudes now. I think it worked.

Prob because they could've got a long term contract in a smaller market.

This is how we need to take advantage of the New York market.

So did they come because they were wildly overpaid and have an opportunity in a big market or did they come for Mudiay?

Return to New York Knicks