MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,017

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#641 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:28 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
emunney wrote:
Major injuries can be an inflection point for guys with questionable motors. We're going to find out if there was a reason the Knicks were so apparently ready to go along with his trade request. I'm not saying I'd bet against Porzingis (I absolutely wouldn't), but I think there are valid reasons for caution.

KP - Five Years, $158 Million
KM - Five Years, $178 Million

Fair but every player has concerns. Khash, IMO, has a questionable fitness work ethic and doesn't seem the same since his hamstring. He will be on the wrong side of 30 soon. Which contract do you take first in an expansion draft?

I get the age thing, but it's weird IMO to make an argument against KM, for KP, and use fitness and injury history as two of the big factors.

Didn't mean it as a positive for KP. Saying that KM has similar (albeit lesser) concerns for those same things. I think some of the money he got is based on his defensive reputation he never regained after the injury. Obviously, not the best comparison since the Bucks sort of know what they have when they handed out the money, but KP should be 100% as well and the Mavs seen him workout recently.

I'm circling on my rant, but bottom line is I take my chances on KP next year over this version of KM.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#642 » by emunney » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:27 pm

I would take my chances on KP as well, just saying the caveats are significant with him. If you think Khris is inconsistent...
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#643 » by Fotis St » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:59 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Where do you all have Middleton on the Big Board. GB has their top 25 and are voting on 24 and he isnt even on the poll of 10 players.

Probably somewhere in 35-40, with extremes of 30 and 50 if you really do or don't like his game.

After those 34, you have:
Trae Young (ATL)
Jayson Tatum (BOS)
Jaylen Brown (BOS)
Gordon Hayward (BOS)
Zach LaVine (CHI)
Otto Porter (CHI)
Kevin Love (CLE)
Kristaps Porzingis (DAL)
Jamal Murray (DEN)
Klay Thompson (GSW)
D'Angelo Russell (GSW)
Khris Middleton (MIL)
Zion Williamson (NOP)
Julius Randle (NYK)
Al Horford (PHI)
Tobias Harris (PHI)
Devin Booker (PHX)
Deandre Ayton (PHX)

In my honest opinion, everyone on the list is better than Khris except :

Trae Young (ATL) ,
Zach LaVine (CHI),
Julius Randle (NYK)
Deandre Ayton (PHX),
Gordon Hayward (BOS) Injured

Not sure about Zion
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#644 » by Plossum » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 am

That poll doesn’t have KD in top 25 while Siakam and Lowry are. Just confirms there’s too many Raptors supporters.
#LockUpChuck
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#645 » by 4xBuck » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:16 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Where do you all have Middleton on the Big Board. GB has their top 25 and are voting on 24 and he isnt even on the poll of 10 players.

Probably somewhere in 35-40, with extremes of 30 and 50 if you really don't like his game.

With the Bucks it's always about Giannis. With that caveat, Khris would rate higher on the Big Board.

He really is an excellent fit with the Freak.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#646 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Fotis St wrote:

Probably somewhere in 35-40, with extremes of 30 and 50 if you really do or don't like his game.

After those 34, you have:
Trae Young (ATL)
Jayson Tatum (BOS)
Jaylen Brown (BOS)
Gordon Hayward (BOS)
Zach LaVine (CHI)
Otto Porter (CHI)
Kevin Love (CLE)
Kristaps Porzingis (DAL)
Jamal Murray (DEN)
Klay Thompson (GSW)
D'Angelo Russell (GSW)
Khris Middleton (MIL)
Zion Williamson (NOP)
Julius Randle (NYK)
Al Horford (PHI)
Tobias Harris (PHI)
Devin Booker (PHX)
Deandre Ayton (PHX)

In my honest opinion, everyone on the list is better than Khris except :

Trae Young (ATL) ,
Zach LaVine (CHI),
Julius Randle (NYK)
Deandre Ayton (PHX),
Gordon Hayward (BOS) Injured

Not sure about Zion

You must be very high on Tobes and Porter. If you could combine them I’d agree lol
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#647 » by DaddyCool19 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:50 pm

Plossum wrote:That poll doesn’t have KD in top 25 while Siakam and Lowry are. Just confirms there’s too many Raptors supporters.

Maybe that because he suffered the worst injury a NBA player could have and no one knows how he will return?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,657

Post#648 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:58 pm

Good lord that GB list is a disaster.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#649 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:09 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Good lord that GB list is a disaster.

I can’t wait for Boston to give Jaylen Brown the Max. He can’t dribble.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#650 » by Plossum » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:47 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:
Plossum wrote:That poll doesn’t have KD in top 25 while Siakam and Lowry are. Just confirms there’s too many Raptors supporters.

Maybe that because he suffered the worst injury a NBA player could have and no one knows how he will return?

Yeah, nah he’s still a top 5 guy until proven otherwise.
#LockUpChuck
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#651 » by blazza18 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:28 pm

Was hoping there'd be some hot takes vs people defending his Fiba play debates but I guess it's the offseason for everyone.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#652 » by Jez2983 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:58 pm

blazza18 wrote:Was hoping there'd be some hot takes vs people defending his Fiba play debates but I guess it's the offseason for everyone.

I still vividly remember how good Delly looked running the point with Patty at Rio when Kidd and the Hamm-man gave him that contract. I was super-excited for the season :lol:

Not sure I'll ever draw too much from International comp after that.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#653 » by mattg » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:15 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:

Do you remember what Khris looked like his first season here after the trade anytime we let him be a PnR handler? Not even gonna go into dribbling in ISO situations lol.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#654 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:03 am

Plossum wrote:
DaddyCool19 wrote:

Yeah, nah he’s still a top 5 guy until proven otherwise.

I'm pretty sure it's a just this season list. KD shouldn't be on there at all.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach

Post#655 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:04 am

mattg wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Do you remember what Khris looked like his first season here after the trade anytime we let him be a PnR handler? Not even gonna go into dribbling in ISO situations lol.

Middleton became a pretty decent ball handler by his second season here. Christ, the guy played power forward minutes in Detroit lol. Brown has been in the league 3 years and still can’t dribble. He has a few spectacular dunks, but for every one of those he has a few botched finishes at the rim. He has to rank near the very bottom of iso players in the league. Some team (hopefully Boston) is going to think they can fix his game and end up giving him a ridiculous contract based on potential.

This about sums up my thoughts on what I think of Jaylen Brown…

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Taurean+Prince&player_id1_select=Taurean+Prince&player_id1=princta02&player_id2_hint=Jaylen+Brown&player_id2_select=Jaylen+Brown&player_id2=brownja02&idx=players
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,968

Post#656 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:16 am

Super cant wait for this next season when every game becomes a referendum on Khris's contract. Great fun. Much wonderful.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#657 » by DrWood » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:32 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Super cant wait for this next season when every game becomes a referendum on Khris's contract. Great fun. Much wonderful.

It shouldn't be. It was a bad contract the day it was signed and it will be bad the day Khris retires. Is there any point in arguing if it's the 5th worst contract or 10th worst contract in the nba?
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#658 » by mattg » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:00 am

BroncoBuck wrote:
mattg wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:

Middleton became a pretty decent ball handler by his second season here. Christ, the guy played power forward minutes in Detroit lol. Brown has been in the league 3 years and still can’t dribble. He has a few spectacular dunks, but for every one of those he has a few botched finishes at the rim. He has to rank near the very bottom of iso players in the league. Some team (hopefully Boston) is going to think they can fix his game and end up giving him a ridiculous contract based on potential.

This about sums up my thoughts on what I think of Jaylen Brown…

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=Taurean+Prince&player_id1_select=Taurean+Prince&player_id1=princta02&player_id2_hint=Jaylen+Brown&player_id2_select=Jaylen+Brown&player_id2=brownja02&idx=players

I'm not arguing that Brown is some great player or that he deserves the max, just found it ironic to chide a team for potentially giving him the max given that we literally just gave a dude the max who couldn't dribble any better than Brown at the same age and still can't reliably dribble in ISO situations or against ball pressure without turning it over.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,968

Post#659 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:00 pm

DrWood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Super cant wait for this next season when every game becomes a referendum on Khris's contract. Great fun. Much wonderful.

It shouldn't be. It was a bad contract the day it was signed and it will be bad the day Khris retires. Is there any point in arguing if it's the 5th worst contract or 10th worst contract in the nba?

Ah yes, there it is. Gonna be a great year.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,647

Post#660 » by chonestown » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:08 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
DrWood wrote:

Ah yes, there it is. Gonna be a great year.

Will respond later but currently petitioning Adam Silver to allow Khris Middleton to switch his jersey number from 22 to 178,000,000. Stand by.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Milwaukee Bucks