Chase Center is pretty stunning

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,562

Chase Center is pretty stunning 

Post#1 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:08 pm

Went yesterday for the member preview event. Will be curious to hear what anyone else thought. I'll try to upload pictures sometime today where you can find them, but some of the highlights:
- The building is enormous. If all you are doing is just "get to the concourse, walk around until you find your section, sit down", then it feels more or less like most arenas. But there is a LOT to it. Like 7 floors, tons of clubs, restaurants, etc. etc. They had told us, "If doors are open, you can go there". Based on this logic, my friend and I were briefly on the roof of the building LOL Just huge
- The seats for most of the arena are quite nice. Roomy and comfortable.
- The upper deck is steep. If you've been to the tank for Sharks games, I think it might actually be steeper. Standing up high in the upper deck was a bit dizzying.
- The jumbotron is absolutely ridiculous. It is enormous, but manages not to block any view in the arena that we found, while also giving a good jumbotron view to anyone in the arena. If you're sitting down really low on the sides, for example, and it would normally be difficult to look straight up at the screens on the sides, there are other (very large, just not impossibly huge) screens *on the inside of the jumbotron*. So you can look at the screen on the inside of the far side of the jumbotron. With that much real estate, aside from just showing the game well, there was room for tons of stats. I used to always complain that they didn't show turnovers anywhere in the arena for a reality check when the team was getting sloppy. The new screen shows turnovers. And points off turnovers. And points in the paint. And etc. etc.
- Food seemed pretty high quality. Didn't see a *ton* of variety, but there were multiple instances of 7 or 8 restaurants that looked pretty good. In an interesting development, for the soda drinkers in the crowd, they sell fountain drinks with free refills. So there are fountain dispensers scattered around on the concourse.
- We briefly ducked into a suite. It was appropriate decadent. Lots of couches, buffets, TV's, and 24 (I think) seats per suite.
- There were also (I think they were called) theater boxes. This looked kinda like a club or restaurant with a buffet that led out into boxes with two seats. The seats were leather armchairs with a shelf in front for food. A bit farther than I'd normally like to be from the game, but not too far. A pretty sweet setup, all in all.
- The one major disappointment we saw, which we found funny, is the *really good seats*. If you sit in the sideline club a few rows off the floor, we noticed a few things. The chairs are flimsy. Much more like sitting in a folding chair than our seats. There is almost no leg room; we had my friend sit down and I pretended I needed to get past him to get to my seat. It was... very intimate. And we tested this because some of the rows have... I dunno... 40? seats? So if you sit on the end of one of those rows, heaven help you. Like 20 people are going to need to squeeeeeze past you to get to their seats. There may be an uprising heh
- There is a spot waaaay up in the upper deck where there is what looks like tickets in a restaurant. And that spot has a great view of the banners :-)
- We drove to the event, and it was a total mess. And I'm pretty sure there weren't 18,000 people at the event. If the only point of this event was to encourage people not to drive to games, they may well have accomplished their mission. I can't even imagine.

All in all, it is quite a spectacle. Before we left, we looked to see how far out All Star Weekends are booked. I believe we found 2023 is the next available, and I'd bet a decent amount it ends up in SF.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Re: Chase Center is pretty stunning 

Post#2 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:22 pm

The photos I took:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aqNHucTdt6DQva9q7

I really should have taken pictures of the various art and graphics around the inside. Lots of really cool stuff.

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#3 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:38 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:The photos I took:

I really should have taken pictures of the various art and graphics around the inside. Lots of really cool stuff.

That picture of the Jumbo Tron with the people down below on the court is truly amazing and catches the sheer size of it. Also thanks for posting the floor seat view of the scoreboard as well.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#4 » by Quazza » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:46 am

who wants to go halvsies ?

KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
SFrush
Sixth Man
And1: 778

Post#5 » by SFrush » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:09 am

Thanks for the pictures. Indeed It looks amazing.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#6 » by Swift21 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:12 am

That's by far the best Jumbotron in the league. Looks like Jerry's world.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#7 » by Quazza » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:17 am

sorry, should have said too - awesome pics CP. Cheers for sharing
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,788

Post#8 » by floppymoose » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:21 pm

So for 2 million, I can have a butler tell me they don't have what I want, and I can't change the channel?

I can do that in a bay area home for only 1.5 million.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#9 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:19 pm

floppymoose wrote:So for 2 million, I can have a butler tell me they don't have what I want, and I can't change the channel?

I can do that in a bay area home for only 1.5 million.

I'll let you do it in my home for only $300,000. Because we go way back.

Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#10 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:20 pm

I heard a fun detail yesterday on the radio (which means most of you probably did too): the screen on the inside of the Jumbotron is still bigger than the screen at the Roaracle.

Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#11 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:26 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:- We drove to the event, and it was a total mess. And I'm pretty sure there weren't 18,000 people at the event. If the only point of this event was to encourage people not to drive to games, they may well have accomplished their mission. I can't even imagine.

This morning Rick Welts said there were 8,000 STH there. Probably not all at once. But even if they were, that's still not even half of a sellout. Yikes.

GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#12 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:42 pm

It looks fantastic. Very nice shots.

I'm taking my son there next month for WWE Raw.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,020

Post#13 » by Frozzy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks for sharing. Looks beautiful and i'll make sure I have enough coin to go to one of these games next season lol
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#14 » by Coxy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:02 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:The photos I took:

Holy Jumbo Tron! That thing is a monster.

Great pics dude, thanks.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#15 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I heard a fun detail yesterday on the radio (which means most of you probably did too): the screen on the inside of the Jumbotron is still bigger than the screen at the Roaracle.

Wow... didn't know that.

Is it cool to spread the love on some of your pictures?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#16 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:51 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I heard a fun detail yesterday on the radio (which means most of you probably did too): the screen on the inside of the Jumbotron is still bigger than the screen at the Roaracle.

Wow... didn't know that.

Is it cool to spread the love on some of your pictures?

Thanks for asking, and sure. Should be fine.

likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#17 » by likemycurryhot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:33 am

I've been taking the T line past the arena every day for the past 3 weeks and it does look amazing even under construction. The screen on the outside is pretty impressive too. Hope they figure out the traffic issues. Thanks for posting the pics!
shza
Pro Prospect
And1: 879

Post#18 » by shza » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:11 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:- We drove to the event, and it was a total mess. And I'm pretty sure there weren't 18,000 people at the event. If the only point of this event was to encourage people not to drive to games, they may well have accomplished their mission. I can't even imagine.

This morning Rick Welts said there were 8,000 STH there. Probably not all at once. But even if they were, that's still not even half of a sellout. Yikes.

Good thing it’s so well served by public transit. I mean, that tiny T line tram works sooo well for Giants games that are already much closer to BART/Muni/everything. The arena itself looks awesome, but I really wish they had found a way to make the original proposal at Piers 30-32 work. That would have been iconic and extremely convenient.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#19 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 pm

My friend's daughter is one of the "butlers." She's basically just a person that fetches your food so it's pretty silly they call it that.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
timlin500
Starter
And1: 124

Post#20 » by timlin500 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Any info on the screen outside the arena? Seen some pics and it looks amazing, but curious if it's pretty much always open to the public to watch the game from outside? And man...wish I renewed my season tickets now...

Return to Golden State Warriors