ImageImageImageImageImage

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (One team open for 2019-20 season)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,189

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62- Power rankings due Sunday night) 

Post#1381 » by DOT » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:49 am

It’ll probably be the worst team in the league. Again

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread (Announcement page 62- Power rankings due Sunday night) 

Post#1382 » by Brazilian Knick » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:13 am

Spoiler:
bishnykfan wrote:2019-20 BaF Preseason Power Rankings

TEAM----------------- (HIGHEST RANKING/LOWEST RANKING)

1. Dallas Mavericks (1/2)
What other GM's are saying about Dallas:

"Dallas has a top 5 player and MVP candidate, two All-Stars and a potential future All-Star in the starting five. The rest of the main rotation is incredibly deep and balanced. That team probably has the best offense and one of the best defenses in BAF."

"The defending champions had a great offseason adding Bogdanovich ann they are overall a strong well balanced team lead by the Greek Freak."

"The reigning champs have earned this spot until someone proves otherwise."

2. Miami Heat (1/14)
What other GM's are saying about Miami:

"I think the sim's not gonna be as down on Capela as maybe it should be, and Tobias and Jamal Murray are beasts. And they have James Harden too for good measure"

"A lot of talent, not sure how Harden and Murray will play together in the backcourt though."

"Oh **** – this team is fire!"

3. Portland Trailblazers (2/14)
What other GM's are saying about Portland:

"KD and Kyrie should be off to the races in the SIM. Getting Bagley was a coup. A little top heavy but the top is very good."

"Should be a WCF contender. KD/Kyrie will be dynamite. Can't imagine how you ended up with Bagley too lol. That should be more than enough in BAF."

"I mean, KD and Kyrie should be great, but I wonder about the supporting cast and the fact that KD didn't seem to impact games in the sim like he should have last year."

4. Golden State Warriors (3/11)
What other GM's are saying about Golden State:

"Strong and balanced lineup, but they need better help off the bench. Curry will almost always be the difference maker and the GSW will need him to play on an MVP level every night if they want to go at least to the conference finals. Horford and Drummond are All-Star caliber players that will provide good help for Curry."

"GSW always had a sizzling offense, but their focus on defense this off season I believe will pay off this coming season."

"This team is a little thinner than years past and I think they slip a bit in the standings. Still a very good team."

5. Utah Jazz (3/18)
What other GM's are saying about Utah:

"Will be competing with Portland and Dallas for the WCF. Love the Joker. Nice core in Gallinari, Russell, and Nance. And Sabonis is on the cheap too this season. Not in love with Barnes, but he can work in BAF."

"The Jazz are an offensive machine, but the defense needs serious improvements. Jokic is probably the best center in the league, he’s a dominant scorer and passer and I like the fact this team has so many shooters surrounding him. Will D-Lo be able to play more off the ball and let Jokic be the decision maker? That adjustment will be essential for Utah to make it to the finals."

"Jokic might be the best big in the league and is a great player to build around"

6. Atlanta Hawks (2/21)
What other GM's are saying about Atlanta:

"Aging but solid core. The Sim should still respect it. And they have good wings and shooting which is a rarity in this east."

"Great fitting starting lineup. Shamet is a nice find that brings the team together"

"The Westbrook contract is killing the Hawks right now. Team's a bit too top-heavy with flawed players. Not crazy about Al/Millsap in BAF. Might need to flip some players to get traction in the East."

7. Boston Celtics (3/20)
What other GM's are saying about Boston:

"They’ve got LeBron, nice balance, and some decent up and coming pieces. Decent flexibility going forward. A little short on wings and heavy on bigs, but hey, aren’t we all? Overall, I like this team."

"Intrigued by the swap of stars. Bron & Love are always potent. Key is to see how Murray & WCJ progress. Kanter's always been a decent BAF big."

"Win now pieces with youth, timelines don't mesh."

8. Toronto Raptors (4/21)
What other GM's are saying about Toronto:

"Raps should be able to build off of a strong finish and be a mid-tier playoff team in the East. Good balance but maybe some of the young pieces could be consolidated. A move for a stronger lead guard is needed to push them over the top."

"Sim loves bigs, and KAT and Boogie are two extremely talented bigs. Some nice youth, plus a very nice job filling out the roster with good role players despite having 80% of the cap tied up in KAT and Boogie."

"Making the most out of their assets, but in reality they should give up on the twin tower experiment, it’s not going to work."

9. Milwaukee Bucks (4/22)
What other GM's are saying about Milwaukee:

"No one jumps out on this roster but don’t sleep on them. A lot of players on this team like (Derozan and Adams) were once overrated but have become underrated."

"A couple years off of a BAF championship, I'm not as high on Milwaukee as I was back then. The Derozan/Brogdon combo is not that appealing to me. Perhaps some moves need to be made. Still a playoff team nonetheless."

"Solid, but time has past this once contender."

10. Denver Nuggets (8/24)
What other GM's are saying about Denver:

"I like what he’s put together. A lot of pieces that fit and he managed to keep some upside players. Wiggins is going to be the piece that keeps them from getting over the top though."

"Denver will probably compete for one of the final seeds in the Western Conference. There are talented scorers on the main rotation like All-Stars Kemba Walker and Nikola Vucevic, and also Andrew Wiggins. Fournier could also provide good scoring off the bench and Gordon is still a serviceable player on offense. But this is another team that will probably need to improve a lot on defense if they want to secure a seed on the playoffs and make a deep run."

"Kemba with one or two solid role players. Not too much else in my eyes to get them far in West"

11. Orlando Magic (11/21)
What other GM's are saying about Orlando:

"Since the East if full of rebuilding and young teams, having an Alpha Dog like Butler should be enough for to get the 7th or 8th seed in the conference. But Orlando needs improvements especially on offense: Hayward isn’t an All-Star player anymore and Gordon still needs to improve his shooting. Cauley-Stein is a good presence in the paint, but he can’t shoot and his rim protection isn’t elite. Will Coby White be the starting PG? That may not be enough for a deeper run in the playoffs."

"Jimmy is a great player, but don’t see much else behind him to propel past teams above"

"A good 1-2 punch, but little else."

12. Cleveland Cavaliers (12/26)
What other GM's are saying about Cleveland:

"This is your year Cavs. Your young talent starts to come together and you make the playoffs. There’s too much talent on this team for them to continue to languish."

"Consistency is still a problem for this group of young talented players, but most of them have already shown flashes that they could be stars in the league. Tatum must accept the role as the franchise player for Cleveland to think of making it to the playoffs. If he can lead them on offense and if the Cavs improve in the guard position, then stealing the 7th or 8th seed in the East could be a reality this year."

"Not enough minutes at the 4&5 to fully utilize the talent on the roster. If they swap a big man or two for other needs they could shoot much higher."

13. Los Angeles Clippers (14/26)
What other GM's are saying about the Clippers:

"Young pieces are there, but need more talent."

"Shai is a future star. Trapped in the west doesnt help"

"Not built to win now, but they had a solid draft, plus SGA, Jonathan Isaac, and Gary Harris. Just needs some seasoning."

14. Houston Rockets (15/29)
What other GM's are saying about Houston:

"Fox/Hield are great, everything else not so much."

"Fox and Hield are a dynamic backcourt, plus they added De'Andre Hunter and the high upside Jaxon Hayes in the draft. Great position for the future."

"This team should be bad again but will soon be on the rise. Love the Fox/Hield/Huerter trio. I’m not high on Hunter but if I’m wrong he fits perfect into that group."

15. Detroit Pistons (24/29)
What other GM's are saying about Detroit:

"Detroit’s smart GM is building through the draft. Period. He has many picks, but he doesn’t have a quality roster. Teague may be one of the few players that could help now in a playoff team and Context will probably trade him (and one or two nice rotation players he has) to acquire more picks. The good thing is that the Pistons probably already found a player to build around: Mitchell Robinson, who’s a potential DPOY. I don’t think building around centers is the right way to do it, but I’ll give him credit for already finding a possible face for the franchise."

"This team will be bad but not to worry. They’ve bet heavy on the future, stocking up on young players with high upside, a boat load of picks, and cap space."

"Where's that fast forward button?"

16. San Antonio Spurs (24/29)
What other GM's are saying about San Antonio:

"Woof, this team is gonna be bad. But it is by design and they’re gonna have a chance to put together a strong core if their chips fall right"

"Hit the reset button trading AD. Will be battling for the #1 pick, and has a ton of chances to get there."

"Kids, kids, kids. Let em all play."

17. Los Angeles Lakers (27/29)
What other GM's are saying about the Lakers:

"They’ll be near the bottom again. Hard to judge because they have so many unproven players. In 3 years they could have a solid core with clear books. Right now, they are not good."

"Again, not much could be said here. That’s a team building through the draft. The Lakers have some intriguing rookies and some other young players who come for another season with a lot to prove. Offense and defense do not offer much to analyze. It’ll probably be the worst team in the league. Again."

"In need of talent"

Great work, Bish!
Nice to see guys are high on Miami. I hope the SIM has some respect this time, too. :lol:
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
F: | |
C: | |
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,054

Re: Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1383 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:51 am

"This is your year Cavs. Your young talent starts to come together and you make the playoffs. There’s too much talent on this team for them to continue to languish."

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#1384 » by Context » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:35 am

3toheadmelo wrote:

perfect gif :lol:
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,559

Re: BaF Season Three: Offseason thread 

Post#1385 » by Capn'O » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:12 am

No clue what to make of it. My team was supposed to be one of the worst last year and Isaac was literally one of the worst starters in the league for me. He should be a lot better but we'll see if Payton replicates what IT gave me. He was a sneaky good SIM player.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#1386 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:43 am

I can't front. I'm positively surprised by my ranking. I thought dudes wasn't gonna give it up.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1387 » by King of Canada » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Sorry guys, didn't have a chance to get my rankings in. Been nuts at work, and with the new baby at home, vacation, back to school, and a hundred other things I feel like I don't stop until it's time to sleep in short bursts all night.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
ribs
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,756

Post#1388 » by ribs » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:32 pm

Ranked from 2 to 21.

:lol: :lol:

Sort of what I expected. I like my team and have tried to resist making trades out of boredom this offseason.

My front court depth seems kind of wonky but I'm planning on playing both Ingles and Winslow at the 4 at times, at least at the start of the season so hopefully that'll be enough.
ATL
Jamal Murray / Mike Conley / Dyson Daniels
Jordan Clarkson / Christian Braun / Brice Sensabaugh
Rui Hachimura / Pat Connaughton
Pascal Siakam / Isaiah Jackson / Reggie Bullock
Myles Turner / JaVale McGee / Cody Zeller
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#1389 » by Smash3 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:40 pm

Who put me at #14?

G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,311

Post#1390 » by NewEra » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:57 pm

Smash3 wrote:Who put me at #14?

Unbelievable. Probably the same person who put me at #11.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#1391 » by bishnykfan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:11 pm

We went from 14 teams participating in our inaugural preseason power rankings last year to 17 this year so we made some progress as a league! Thank you to all who participated either by submitting rankings alone or with comments. Many GM's obviously put a lot of time into this and hopefully it is appreciated throughout the league which will lead to more participation next offseason.

Next up on our offseason agenda will be K-DOT's rule change proposal for our extension rule. I will let the power rankings have a day or two of spotlight with discussion and then the proposal will be posted and need to be voted on.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1392 » by HEZI » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:11 pm

Some of those writeups are pure gold
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1393 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:38 pm

I got through 20 teams but wound up on a weekend bender that kept me from finishing up. Next year, I'm getting a power rankings in.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#1394 » by 2010 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Can't wait to see how these compare to the BaF SIM Preseason Power Ranking.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,209

Post#1395 » by mpharris36 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:43 pm

Someone put me at 24...bless your heart whoever that was :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1396 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:32 pm

I'm actually intrigued to see what sim Jokic is going to look like again going back to center. Last year playing out of position at PF he really didn't play up to his capabilities.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#1397 » by Slicin N Dicin » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Ayy shoutout to whoever put me at 4 - much appreciated, I didn't put myself that high lol.

But rankings were pretty similiar to what I had for teams that were displayed, aside from two/three teams that were switched
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
swisscheeseD
NCAA Bracket Challenge Champion
And1: 4,239

Post#1398 » by swisscheeseD » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:00 pm

According to the current extension rules, what is the min/max extension I can offer Anfernee Simons?
Chicago Bulls

PG: Kemba Walker / T.Rozier / B.Wannamaker
SG: Donte DiVincenzo / T.Ross / P.Connaughton
SF: Kawhi Leonard / R.O’Neale / Caleb Martin
PF: Draymond Green / B.Portis / A.Aminu
C: Jonas Valanciunas / M.Harrell / F.Kaminsky
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#1399 » by Phish Tank » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 am

stank you very much for that high power ranking.
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,599

Post#1400 » by bishnykfan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:51 am

swisscheeseD wrote:According to the current extension rules, what is the min/max extension I can offer Anfernee Simons?

His contract would go to $16/4 if you were to give him an extension before the season starts.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins

Return to New York Knicks