Image ImageImage Image

Pessimists will not like this

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Pessimists will not like this 

Post#1 » by ChettheJet » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:53 pm

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lets_assess_rebuilding_efforts_of_nine_nba_bottom_feeders/s1_13132_29805647

Somehow these people see talent and potential in the Bulls, with the usual need for a superstar FA
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Re: Pessimists will not like this 

Post#2 » by nomorezorro » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:39 pm

damn yardbarker.com thinks we're in a better position than the knicks, wizards, cavs and hornets...as a pessimist i'm getting mad as hell
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#3 » by dice » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:12 pm

nomorezorro wrote:damn yardbarker.com thinks we're in a better position than the knicks, wizards, cavs and hornets...as a pessimist i'm getting mad as hell

yeah, saying that we are in the midst of the 4th best rebuilding effort of the 9 worst teams doesn't scream "path to contention." if anything, it's a more negative assessment than most that are out there

and the pessimist in me could sleep like a baby even if yardbarker.com projected us to make a deep playoff run in a couple of years

yardbarker.com :lol:
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#4 » by League Circles » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:57 pm

The Atlanta Hawks being something worth discussing is a red flag IMO regarding someone's basketball knowledge.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#5 » by panthermark » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:56 pm

Not really sure what I would be mad about.

1. An "ideal" season would be a first round exit to the Bucks or 76'ers this year.
I think we all agree that sneaking into the offs this year would be awesome.

2. If we stick with what we have, we would top out as a mid-seed.
I think we are all aware that unless something changes or someone steps up HUGE, we will top out as a middling play-off team.

3. If we can land a star in the summer of 2021, we can contend in 21/22.
Ya think?!?!?

So basically, our "path" to contention involves landing a star in free agency a year from now... Thanks for that great insight.

Did someone get paid to write that?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Electric Slim
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,068

Post#6 » by Electric Slim » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:48 pm

Doctors HATE this one weird trick!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,495

Post#7 » by dice » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:34 pm

panthermark wrote:Not really sure what I would be mad about.

1. An "ideal" season would be a first round exit to the Bucks or 76'ers this year.

I think we are all aware that unless something changes or someone steps up HUGE, we will top out as a middling play-off team.

Ya think?!?!?

So basically, our "path" to contention involves landing a star in free agency a year from now... Thanks for that great insight.

I can only hope that realgm is being paid by this guy to write for them:

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/255247/Thirty-Histories-Dallas-Mavericks

if you can make it past paragraph 2 you're a better man than I. I skipped to the end and realized that there really rhyme or reason to any of it. but the writing process is pretty straight-forward:

1) smoke a joint
2) write stream-of-consciousness ramble until hitting word count
3) stop abruptly. don't bother to summarize or make any over-arching point
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#8 » by panthermark » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:05 pm

dice wrote:
panthermark wrote:Not really sure what I would be mad about.

Ya think?!?!?

I can only hope that realgm is being paid by this guy to write for them:

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/255247/Thirty-Histories-Dallas-Mavericks

if you can make it past paragraph 2 you're a better man than I. I skipped to the end and realized that there really rhyme or reason to any of it. but the writing process is pretty straight-forward:

1) smoke a joint
2) write stream-of-consciousness ramble until hitting word count
3) stop abruptly. don't bother to summarize or make any over-arching point

I didn't make it through the 2nd paragraph.... I kept thinking "What the hell does this have to do with anything?" He's just naming old Mavs....
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#9 » by logical_art » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:19 pm

What an awful clickbait title.
GameBredAPBT
Veteran
And1: 1,611

Post#10 » by GameBredAPBT » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 pm

You can really tell that folks on this forum, perhaps more than any other team forum on RGM, don’t watch any NBA outside of Bulls basketball.

The Hawks hired freaking Travis Schlenk, the AGM that helped construct the Warriors dynasty, and gave him free reign to overhaul their team. Atlanta’s future is twice as bright as Chicago & the culture down there has undergone a massive transformation. Their current rebuild is exciting to say the very least.

The fact that the Bulls’ current half-a**ed rebuild is even being mentioned alongside Atlanta’s by some people is cringe.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#11 » by League Circles » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:You can really tell that folks on this forum, perhaps more than any other team forum on RGM, don’t watch any NBA outside of Bulls basketball.

The Hawks hired freaking Travis Schlenk, the AGM that helped construct the Warriors dynasty, and gave him free reign to overhaul their team. Atlanta’s future is twice as bright as Chicago & the culture down there has undergone a massive transformation. Their current rebuild is exciting to say the very least.

The fact that the Bulls’ current half-a**ed rebuild is even being mentioned alongside Atlanta’s by some people is cringe.

I admit I don't watch the Hawks. I'm proud of that and I don't really believe that anyone outside ATL does either.

I think a solid case can be made that the Bulls have at least 3 of the 4 best players between the two teams. Perhaps the best 4.

What decisions, specifically, should we be impressed with Schlenk for having made?

Not sure anything exciting has come from the Hawks since Dominique.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#12 » by drosereturn » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:45 pm

League Circles wrote:
GameBredAPBT wrote:You can really tell that folks on this forum, perhaps more than any other team forum on RGM, don’t watch any NBA outside of Bulls basketball.

I admit I don't watch the Hawks. I'm proud of that and I don't really believe that anyone outside ATL does either.

I think a solid case can be made that the Bulls have at least 3 of the 4 best players between the two teams. Perhaps the best 4.

What decisions, specifically, should we be impressed with Schlenk for having made?

Trae Young and Collins are already better than anyone we have. And they added the highly coveted Hunter and hyped Reddish who is a rookie version of Leonard and George.
Add in poor mans Klay Thompson and thats a scary looking team that can still add a star or 2.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#13 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:49 pm

League Circles wrote:

People in Atlanta don’t watch the hawks. I was down there a few times last year for work and could not strike up a conversation about them.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#14 » by MrSparkle » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:49 am

I agree with the limited ceiling for this core, but the guy lost me when he said Wolves are playoff contenders and exempt from the list. Calling Otto a “decent 3&D wing” is a silly understatement.

One thing for sure is that the Bulls traded prime Jimmy on the bargain max to “jump start” the rebuild.. they started tanking a year earlier (16/17)... and frankly the Hawks are more promising.

Granted, lottery odds had something to do with it (Trae/Luka), but they also drafted Collins with #19, and overall have been playing better basketball since 2012.

I wouldn’t be pessimistic, but there’s little reason to feel confident about the team beyond 2021. If anything, the 19/20 outlook is more promising. Pretty reasonable to worry about the ceiling if Otto is resigned $$$ and Lauri gets a max extension.
League Circles
RealGM

Post#15 » by League Circles » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:37 am

Showtime23 wrote:
League Circles wrote:

Trae Young and Collins are already better than anyone we have. And they added the highly coveted Hunter and hyped Reddish who is a rookie version of Leonard and George.
Add in poor mans Klay Thompson and thats a scary looking team that can still add a star or 2.

Trae Young sucks and always will. There's my "bold" prediction (strange to think it's controversial since he's terrible statistically and is a very low level prospect from a physical tools standpoint). Collins is good but I don't think he'll ever be anything special. Hunter should be pretty good but no reason to think he'll be better than Porter IMO. Reddish and Heurter are nothing IMO.

I truly wouldn't trade any of Carter, Lauri, Porter or Lavine for any of their top guys.
cubd8
Bench Warmer
And1: 58

Post#16 » by cubd8 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:45 am

Most articles that I have seen don't think the Bulls are very good and are bottom feeders in the East, like the 24-26th best team in a 31 or 32 team league. Pretty bad.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#17 » by sco » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:32 pm

This thread confuses me.
:clap:
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#18 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:40 pm

cubd8 wrote:Most articles that I have seen don't think the Bulls are very good and are bottom feeders in the East, like the 24-26th best team in a 31 or 32 team league. Pretty bad.

Well, this article says they are the 4th best out of the 9 worst teams in the league. That would put them at about the 24th of 25th best team.

I'm actually more optimistic than that and I'm probably considered a pessimist.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#19 » by drosereturn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:22 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
cubd8 wrote:Most articles that I have seen don't think the Bulls are very good and are bottom feeders in the East, like the 24-26th best team in a 31 or 32 team league. Pretty bad.

Well, this article says they are the 4th best out of the 9 worst teams in the league. That would put them at about the 24th of 25th best team.

I'm actually more optimistic than that and I'm probably considered a pessimist.

Same. Have very high hopes and think they should make it close to 40 wins.
For me, anything below 8th seed is considered a failure this season.
Dont want to hear the same health excuses. If injuries pile up yr after yr, thats not freak of nature anymore.
Would want a significant roster change.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,402

Post#20 » by jump » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:17 pm

You can tell by the the low response to this thread that the pessimists didn't even bother to read it. The pessimists - that would be almost the entire board.

Return to Chicago Bulls