ImageImage

Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#681 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:15 am

I swear, even while using pretty irrefutable objective data, something about uttering the name James Khristian Middleton in a positive light brings out the absolute worst in some people. What weird happenstance if/when Middleton becomes the most hated player to wear a Bucks jersey since Anthony Mason, all while being the 2nd best player to wear a Bucks jersey since Michael Redd.

blazza18 wrote:Unless you think Khris Middleton is the reason we're a "betting" title favourite, then there was absolutely a way to be a contender and not give him $180 million.

He's part of the reason. Per PP's continued assertion, I don't believe had you swapped out Middleton for Brogdon/Bogdnovic, this team would be as strong a bet. It's why if I'm gonna blame the FO for anything, it's refusing to match the Brogdon offer sheet, not paying Middleton what was necessary. Because in this instance, these weren't mutually exclusive.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#682 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:41 am

KD did call him one of the best players in the league so his presence must have some impact on those title odds :nod:
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#683 » by DavidDunn21 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:07 am

I wanna agree to stop posting after every bad game he has but then I'd only post after we play the Hawks and Hornets.

You can't spreadsheet your way out of this. He sucks and he's a coward. He takes no responsibility for winning and losing, whether it be the playoffs or a regular season game at the Suns, or the World Championships.

I wanted him gone after the Bulls series.
I wanted him gone after he choked away the Raptors series.
I really really wanted him gone after he went randomly hot and his value was super inflated after the Celtics series.
And now he's blown our championship year and otherwise intelligent posters are posting his analytical comps.

He can't play 4 quarters and he wouldn't take a reasonable discount to keep a championship caliber team together. We should've shown him the door.

And when Giannis leaves the accumulated filth of Khris' turnovers and pump fake airballs will foam up about your waists and all the podcasters and statisticians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper:

"No."
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#684 » by Shaffty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:29 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:I wanna agree to stop posting after every bad game he has but then I'd only post after we play the Hawks and Hornets.

You can't spreadsheet your way out of this. He sucks and he's a coward. He takes no responsibility for winning and losing, whether it be the playoffs or a regular season game at the Suns, or the World Championships.

I really really wanted him gone after he went randomly hot and his value was super inflated after the Celtics series.
And now he's blown our championship year and otherwise intelligent posters are posting his analytical comps.

He can't play 4 quarters and he wouldn't take a reasonable discount to keep a championship caliber team together. We should've shown him the door.

And when Giannis leaves the accumulated filth of Khris' turnovers and pump fake airballs will foam up about your waists and all the podcasters and statisticians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper:

"No."

i am so glad you left twitter

to think khris is the reason we lost the raptors game and not giannis not being ready is hysterical
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#685 » by emunney » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:55 pm

There's never one reason for losing a series, but if there was one for losing the Raptors series it was Fred VanVleet, believing anything else is insane. He was 14-17 from 3 in games 4-6. <BANGS GAVEL>
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#686 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Shaffty wrote:

to think khris is the reason we lost the raptors game and not giannis not being ready is hysterical

wut
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#687 » by truly » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm

emunney wrote:There's never one reason for losing a series, but if there was one for losing the Raptors series it was Fred VanVleet, believing anything else is insane. He was 14-17 from 3 in games 4-6. <BANGS GAVEL>

The game were Kawhi had 10 assists on 3 pointers was :banghead:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man

Post#688 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:22 pm

for the record, Khris, Nikola, and Brook were pretty horrific overall in game 3.....and i'm certain if the Bucks win that one, the series is/was over.

Khris was 3 of 16 overall...and 1 of 6 from deep....and let Kawhi go off for nearly 40.

Nikola was a sieve, and went 3 of 11 overall, 1 of 7 from deep....and made Siakam look like the second coming of Mike Jordan.

At least Brook, who was awful defensively helped on the offensive end by going 5 of 10 overall, and 3 of 7 from deep.
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man

Post#689 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:25 pm

fred van vleet shooting .824 in games 4, 5, and 6 will forever haunt me

forever
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#690 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:42 pm

There was a whole lot of ineptitude in games 3-6. I'm not much of a Middleton fan, before or after his max deal, but to single him out against Toronto is absurd.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#691 » by TD75 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:46 pm

As people have said before, losing the series against the Raptors is not due to only one player or even only one factor.

That does not mean there are no individual responsibilities to players that underperformed. It's just that the whole team underperformed to a certain degree (some more than others) including the coaching staff.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
emunney
RealGM

Post#692 » by emunney » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Also let's not lose sight of the fact that it was in the Eastern Conference Finals, where 14 teams would have died to underperform.
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man

Post#693 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:44 pm

emunney wrote:Also let's not lose sight of the fact that it was in the Eastern Conference Finals, where 14 teams would have died to underperform.

true

however, there was a gift wrapped championship trophy waiting for the winner of the series...and that makes it sting even more
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#694 » by paulpressey25 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:46 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:There was a whole lot of ineptitude in games 3-6. I'm not much of a Middleton fan, before or after his max deal, but to single him out against Toronto is absurd.

True, but of all the guys in court in that series for both teams, only one walks away with $178mm guaranteed three weeks later 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#695 » by blazza18 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

wut

It's true. But Midds was also not good.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#696 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:13 am

Khris is allegedly the second guy. I was reliably informed that he was a steal at his last contract and fair at this one. One and a half good games against the Raptors (and the Celtics, btw) just doesn't cut it. Being outplayed by Brogdon doesn't cut it if he's the second banana. The series wasn't decided by Toronto's fifth or sixth best player. The series was decided because we don't have a #2 guy.

We win this series and the NBA Championship with a Glenn Robinson level borderline All-Star. We probably win this series with a 2011 Jason Terry type guy or any version of Joe Johnson before 2016. We win this series with Jimmy Butler.

The postseason is a pass/fail proposition. Each player has their statistical slate wiped clean after every game. Accumulated stats in losses are meaningless.
We've got one of the 3 best players in the world, so the only questions are:
Who can win us a playoff game?
Who is talented enough to dominate a half regularly?
Who might just go supernova and have 3 hot games out of 7?

We lost FOUR. STRAIGHT. GAMES. If Khris would've simply manufactured a few buckets or trips to the line with his supposedly timeless old man game in the middle of that 26-3 Raptors run, we might've weathered the storm. That's his job. Fred Van Vleet didn't stop us from scoring. What FVV did do was believe in himself.

Hi, Shaffty. Hope you're doing well.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#697 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:03 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:Khris is allegedly the second guy. I was reliably informed that he was a steal at his last contract and fair at this one. One and a half good games against the Raptors (and the Celtics, btw) just doesn't cut it. Being outplayed by Brogdon doesn't cut it if he's the second banana. The series wasn't decided by Toronto's fifth or sixth best player. The series was decided because we don't have a #2 guy.

We win this series and the NBA Championship with a Glenn Robinson level borderline All-Star. We probably win this series with a 2011 Jason Terry type guy or any version of Joe Johnson before 2016. We win this series with Jimmy Butler.

The postseason is a pass/fail proposition. Each player has their statistical slate wiped clean after every game. Accumulated stats in losses are meaningless.
We've got one of the 3 best players in the world, so the only questions are:
Who can win us a playoff game?
Who is talented enough to dominate a half regularly?
Who might just go supernova and have 3 hot games out of 7?

We lost FOUR. STRAIGHT. GAMES. If Khris would've simply manufactured a few buckets or trips to the line with his supposedly timeless old man game in the middle of that 26-3 Raptors run, we might've weathered the storm. That's his job. Fred Van Vleet didn't stop us from scoring. What FVV did do was believe in himself.

Hi, Shaffty. Hope you're doing well.

You must’ve skipped out on game 4 where he was the only guy on the team who could do anything. The Middleton game happened and nobody else (Giannis included after the first quarter) showed up and the Bucks were blown out. That was the game where the Raps bench dropped 50 or whatever.
karson39
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#698 » by karson39 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 am

Last year Midds was awesome against the Celtics in the playoffs.
This year, not so much. Scoring 13.7 with 41% FG in Conference finals is not what you expect from a max contract. He got outperformed by Brook, who was our second banana. I mean, Giannis was bad, but Khris, Bled and Brog should step up, and they didn't. Contractwise, Midds is the one you expect to do something extra when Giannis is triple teammed. :roll:
To put things into perspective, Norman Powell had 12.2 at 45 % in 12 minutes less.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#699 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:55 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:I wanna agree to stop posting after every bad game he has but then I'd only post after we play the Hawks and Hornets.

"No."

7 people and1'd this nonsense. I hope they were sarcastic and1s.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
emunney
RealGM

Post#700 » by emunney » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:25 pm

buckboy wrote:

"No."

7 people and1'd this nonsense. I hope they were sarcastic and1s.

I routinely like posts for their craft even if I disagree with their content.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks