Moderator: THE J0KER

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: 2019 Off-Season Questions 

Post#561 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 pm

Click bait?
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-trevor-booker-works-out-for-nuggets-has-scheduled-workouts-with-bucks-and-clippers/
Why oh why would the Nuggets be interested in a 32 year old forward - even if he can be a nice player, which I believe he can be?

We'd be adding him to:

Millsap - Grant - Vanderbilt - Cancar
Barton - Craig - Hernangomez - Porter

and don't forget Malone likes Plumlee at forward.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#562 » by The Rebel » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:33 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Click bait?
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-trevor-booker-works-out-for-nuggets-has-scheduled-workouts-with-bucks-and-clippers/
Why oh why would the Nuggets be interested in a 32 year old forward - even if he can be a nice player, which I believe he can be?

We'd be adding him to:

Millsap - Grant - Vanderbilt - Cancar
Barton - Craig - Hernangomez - Porter

and don't forget Malone likes Plumlee at forward.

I can only see 3 possibilities on why they would try out Booker.

Favor to his agent

In the case of a major injury to either Millsap or Plumlee we would need another backup big

they are discussing a trade that would send Millsap out which would mean we need another proven PF.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#563 » by THE J0KER » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Millsap, Grant, Jokic, Plumlee, Juancho, JV, MPJ, and Bol are the only Nuggets players which can play on PF, so another one would be welcome! I'm joking because this is joke news, even if he is really working on the practice court with Nuggets right now. But he can find some role in Clippers until George is injured.

That said, I still see one available forward which can be very useful for the Nuggets - Andre Iguodala.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#564 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:46 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Millsap, Grant, Jokic, Plumlee, Juancho, JV, MPJ, and Bol are the only Nuggets players which can play on PF, so another one would be welcome! I'm joking because this is joke news, even if he is really working on the practice court with Nuggets right now. But he can find some role in Clippers until George is injured.

That said, I still see one available forward which can be very useful for the Nuggets - Andre Iguodala.

I was ready to do a +1 until the last sentence. :lol:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#565 » by THE J0KER » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:28 pm

Do you guys remember 2017 when we re-signed expiring Plumlee in September and extended Harris in October, right before the start of the season? Maybe something like that will happen in the next 2 months! Take note on these two dates:

September 20: Mason Plumlee becomes eligible for an extension.
October 21: Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez deadline for the rookie-scale extension.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#566 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:36 am

THE J0KER wrote:Do you guys remember 2017 when we re-signed expiring Plumlee in September and extended Harris in October, right before the start of the season? Maybe something like that will happen in the next 2 months! Take note on these two dates:

October 21: Malik Beasley and Juancho Hernangomez deadline for the rookie-scale extension.

I could see them extending Beasley but not Plumlee or Juancho yet. Plumdog could get and extension if he comes down from his $12M salary range but that would be questionable for him.

I see 6/29/20 as the biggest date for us to watch, Grant's PO as well as qualifying offer due for Beasley (if not signed) and Juancho, we should know what those 3 players Nuggets futures will look like by then.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#567 » by The Rebel » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:16 am

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Do you guys remember 2017 when we re-signed expiring Plumlee in September and extended Harris in October, right before the start of the season? Maybe something like that will happen in the next 2 months! Take note on these two dates:

I could see them extending Beasley but not Plumlee or Juancho yet. Plumdog could get and extension if he comes down from his $12M salary range but that would be questionable for him.

I see 6/29/20 as the biggest date for us to watch, Grant's PO as well as qualifying offer due for Beasley (if not signed) and Juancho, we should know what those 3 players Nuggets futures will look like by then.

I don't see either of our young guys signing extensions, if Beasley is working hard this year he is going to want to be paid for taking the next step despite the front office not seeing it yet. Juancho has to show what he is, if he has another injury/ health plagued year he could be signing a minimum next year, if he shows he is as good as he has flashed he will get an MLE type of deal I think.

I think Plumlee and Grant both wait as well, as I do nto see them wanting to pay a backup C $12+ million a year and Grant will have to show his fit and that last year was not a fluke.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#568 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:46 pm

The Rebel wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I don't see either of our young guys signing extensions, if Beasley is working hard this year he is going to want to be paid for taking the next step despite the front office not seeing it yet. Juancho has to show what he is, if he has another injury/ health plagued year he could be signing a minimum next year, if he shows he is as good as he has flashed he will get an MLE type of deal I think.

I think Plumlee and Grant both wait as well, as I do nto see them wanting to pay a backup C $12+ million a year and Grant will have to show his fit and that last year was not a fluke.

It seems likely that the Nuggets will want to extend Beasley; however, unless his role is expanded, it seems likely he will want to go RFA and get a better shot at playing time somewhere else. Either way, it seems likely he'll get the max for his level. Throw all that out the window if Harris has another injury in the near future.

Hernangomez needs to show that he can be depended on to come off the bench and score plus add some decent defense. He's shown the ability to do both of those and he's nice to have on the bench, but between inconsistency and injury, he may not be on the Nuggets next year.

I seriously doubt Plumlee gets and extension. Unless the Nuggets want to sign Bogut or either Lopez or either Gasol, Plumlee is the best backup for Denver's style of play. Since we have Grant & Vanderbilt & Cancar ready to play PF, Plumlee will probably see a large reduction in minutes this year. I suspect they'll re-sign him next off-season but to a slightly lower contract (or perhaps the same deal he has now) for just a couple of years.

Grant's the question mark in my mind. I love his game and am looking forward to seeing him play this year. I do not see room for him if they re-sign Millsap unless they use Grant at SF which is also crowded. Also, if Vanderbilt lives up to every bit of his potential and Porter lives up to all of his hype; I'm not sure what they'll do with Grant. But if they all live up to their hype; Grant-Porter-Vanderbilt would be a spectacular forward combination IMO.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#569 » by psimanic1 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:08 am

I got drafted as SF to Nuggets in NBA 2k20, but looks like in that process we lost Murray and MPJ :(
skywalker33

Post#570 » by skywalker33 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 2:20 pm

psimanic1 wrote:I got drafted as SF to Nuggets in NBA 2k20, but looks like in that process we lost Murray and MPJ :(

Screwed the pooch !!

psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#571 » by psimanic1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:03 am

Actuslly, looks like he was just injured a bit, playing now, last game vs HOU we won by like 30 :D
skywalker33

Post#572 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Glad your video game is going so well.....

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#573 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Well, as an old guy who doesn't do video games, it all sounded pretty stupid to me. LOL
skywalker33

Post#574 » by skywalker33 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:06 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Well, as an old guy who doesn't do video games, it all sounded pretty stupid to me. LOL

It IS the slowest part of the offseason, maybe this is as good as it gets....especially after watching the Broncos game :lol:

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#575 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:43 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Well, as an old guy who doesn't do video games, it all sounded pretty stupid to me. LOL

It IS the slowest part of the offseason, maybe this is as good as it gets....especially after watching the Broncos game :lol:

:offtopic: and I don't care :lol: --- you're right, it's a little boring right now but it'll pick up soon --- momma always said (and I didn't listen very well), if you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut; so regarding the Broncos game ... we had some light rain last night (in Cheyenne) :reporter: :usa:
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#576 » by THE J0KER » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 am

Kevin Love Trade To L.A. Clippers, Denver Nuggets ‘Make Sense,’ According To ‘CBS Sports’

In the past, I take seriously all rumors about Kevin Love or Blake Griffin as possible final solutions for Denver post-Millsap era. But not anymore after we sign Grant.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#577 » by The Rebel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:25 am

I think the front office has every intention of hanging onto Grant and him being our starting PF in a year. The question mark for me is SF, MPJ is the obvious plan, but unless Barton changes he shouldn't be the backup plan.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#578 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 am

I believe Millsap needs to be our starting PF this year and I hope he sticks around for a few more years as a backup playing 24 or so mpg. I really like his game, especially in Denver's offense and there's nothing wrong with his defense. If he's slowed down, he makes up for it with his IQ. He gives outside shooters a bit more space, knowing he can close enough. Sure do wish he could teach Jokic & Plumlee to do that a little more.

For this year, I wonder if Grant can play some SF. He seems like he'd fit well next to Millsap.

For the future, can Grant & Vanderbilt be twin forwards as starters? (That's assuming the worst regarding Porter; and I will gladly accept Porter as the starting SF if he can prove himself there.)
skywalker33

Post#579 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:28 am

Well, according to this podcast, Grant isn't a candidate for SF at all (and I agree) but McBride seems to feel Barton has the inside track

https://milehighsports.com/who-will-start-at-small-forward-for-the-nuggets/

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#580 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:27 am

skywalker33 wrote:Well, according to this podcast, Grant isn't a candidate for SF at all (and I agree) but McBride seems to feel Barton has the inside track

https://milehighsports.com/who-will-start-at-small-forward-for-the-nuggets/

As expected for the start of the season. It'll be interesting to see how our rotation shakes out this year.

Return to Denver Nuggets