ImageImageImage

Why Hasn't Anyone Picked Up Daryl Macon Yet?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:22 am

He was a good G-League player and he showed that he could shoot the 3 well in the NBA during his short time up with the Mavs too. Undersized for a 2 guard I guess, but he can play some point for sure.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Re: Why Hasn't Anyone Picked Up Daryl Macon Yet? 

Post#2 » by arkuo » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:40 am

6 foot guards are a dime a dozen. I don't think anyone would be lining up and paying those guys a premium. The market is just full of those.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#3 » by Teffer10 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:20 am

arkuo wrote:6 foot guards are a dime a dozen. I don't think anyone would be lining up and paying those guys a premium. The market is just full of those.

Macon is actually listed at 6'3" but I get your point.
Personally I'd rather have him instead of Barea at this point even though Barea is my 3rd favorite Mav of all time.

Honestly I still don't understand why we didn't re-sign Burke. He fit our system very well and would have been the perfect Barea replacement. I know many think Brunson will fill that role and that will probably be true but Burke would have been great insurance for Seth and Brunson if either goes down for any length of time.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#4 » by HairyGOATee » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:38 am

Teffer10 wrote:
arkuo wrote:6 foot guards are a dime a dozen. I don't think anyone would be lining up and paying those guys a premium. The market is just full of those.

Macon is actually listed at 6'3" but I get your point.
Personally I'd rather have him instead of Barea at this point even though Barea is my 3rd favorite Mav of all time.

Honestly I still don't understand why we didn't re-sign Burke. He fit our system very well and would have been the perfect Barea replacement. I know many think Brunson will fill that role and that will probably be true but Burke would have been great insurance for Seth and Brunson if either goes down for any length of time.

Burke would have been cool, but I do have a special place for Barea. I hope he gets his jersey retired by the franchise.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#5 » by Darren » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:17 am

Not shown enough. Ill-advised shots. Bad decision. Lacking defense. Not good enough for active roster spot. Too old to be TWC.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,831

Post#6 » by dirkforpres » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:11 pm

No one needs a 15th man bad enough at the moment. I’m sure post ASG after injuries have taken their tolls and tanking teams begin to emerge, he will get opportunities but he’s likely to test overseas if he’s getting good advice from his agent
FIRE JASON KIDD

Return to Dallas Mavericks