ImageImage

Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#701 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:42 pm

i just looked at game 6 of the eastern conference finals again.....

fred van vleet had an ORtg in that game of 222

i have never seen a number that high
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man

Post#702 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:43 pm

i can't believe that
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,637

Post#703 » by emunney » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:11 pm

Kawhi guarding Glenn would be interesting. I would guess Glenn gets his 20 and turns it over 5 times a game because he didn't protect his dribble and nobody on this side of Gary Payton is better at the poke away than Kawhi. Glenn would not be asked to guard Kawhi, of course--Brogdon would have had to do it all. I don't know who the hell he would guard, but it wouldn't be pretty. It never was.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#704 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:12 pm

I was just reading an analysis in the Athletic about clutch shots (shots taken in the last 30 seconds that would tie or take the lead). The league average is only 29.8%. They go over who should and who shouldn't take the shot (Giannis is best at 38.8%, followed by Bledsoe and Lopez). It's a pay site so I can't post the article but here's the snippet about Middleton

Whatever you do, don’t go to Middleton. That’s a tricky thing to say about a guy they just gave $170 million-plus to, but he has been pretty terrible in these situations. To be fair, he went 1-of-2 last season when the Bucks called on him. Overall for the past nine seasons, Middleton has gone 5-of-28 in hero moments. That’s a 17.8 percent success rate. Just let someone else do it and use Middleton as a decoy.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#705 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:13 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I was just reading an analysis in the Athletic about clutch shots (shots taken in the last 30 seconds that would tie or take the lead). The league average is only 29.8%. They go over who should and who shouldn't take the shot (Giannis is best at 38.8%, followed by Bledsoe and Lopez). It's a pay site so I can post the article but here's the snippet about Middleton

Whatever you do, don’t go to Middleton. That’s a tricky thing to say about a guy they just gave $170 million-plus to, but he has been pretty terrible in these situations. To be fair, he went 1-of-2 last season when the Bucks called on him. Overall for the past nine seasons, Middleton has gone 5-of-28 in hero moments. That’s a 17.8 percent success rate. Just let someone else do it and use Middleton as a decoy.
And that doesn't even cover his pump faking with a second left against the Suns, his passing to Bledsoe away from the hoop on a designed play for him with 1.5 against the Hornets, his airball and turnover in 2017 against the Raptors or other plays I can't recall.

I don't even think he's that bad in the clutch, but just as with all other aspects of Middleton's game, you never know what you're going to get

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man

Post#706 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:45 pm

yeah....... you're not wrong
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#707 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:47 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I was just reading an analysis in the Athletic about clutch shots (shots taken in the last 30 seconds that would tie or take the lead). The league average is only 29.8%. They go over who should and who shouldn't take the shot (Giannis is best at 38.8%, followed by Bledsoe and Lopez). It's a pay site so I can't post the article but here's the snippet about Middleton

Context matters.

How many of those 28 were three point shots? How many of those were threes during the Kidd era where Midds was often the only guy on the floor who could even shoot a three. Are free throws accounted for? If so, are they weighted? Hell, how many were Jason Kidd inbounds plays that we all loved so much.

The clutch stats are such a ridiculous arbitrary stat. I don’t even understand their data cutoff, Middleton hasn’t even been in the league 9 seasons. Are they including college?
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man

Post#708 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:50 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
You must’ve skipped out on game 4 where he was the only guy on the team who could do anything. The Middleton game happened and nobody else (Giannis included after the first quarter) showed up and the Bucks were blown out. That was the game where the Raps bench dropped 50 or whatever.

picking one game in a six game series doesn't exactly prove any point
Jimmmycrackcorn
Sixth Man

Post#709 » by Jimmmycrackcorn » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:56 pm

i'm solidly in the:

Khris was severely overpaid, but the Bucks had no choice after years and years of wasting draft picks and assets...and i pray he finds a new level that makes it not such a terrible pill to swallow camp
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#710 » by truly » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:04 pm

Yeah Midds was getting shafted during the Kidd era.
Everyone knew we would go to him in those situations and our 2? plays were scouted by every team.Remember Draymond mocking us for them?
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,963

Post#711 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:10 pm

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
You must’ve skipped out on game 4 where he was the only guy on the team who could do anything. The Middleton game happened and nobody else (Giannis included after the first quarter) showed up and the Bucks were blown out. That was the game where the Raps bench dropped 50 or whatever.

picking one game in a six game series doesn't exactly prove any point

Neither does anything else from such a small sample of games.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#712 » by DrWood » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:37 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I was just reading an analysis in the Athletic about clutch shots (shots taken in the last 30 seconds that would tie or take the lead). The league average is only 29.8%. They go over who should and who shouldn't take the shot (Giannis is best at 38.8%, followed by Bledsoe and Lopez). It's a pay site so I can't post the article but here's the snippet about Middleton

I'd suggest the amount of credence to give a 28 shot sample is approximately zero.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#713 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:58 am

The small sample size stuff kills me. The six most important games of the season should be weighted as such.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,637

Post#714 » by emunney » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:09 am

Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:i just looked at game 6 of the eastern conference finals again.....

I'm about to blow your mind

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SickMother
Senior
And1: 610

Post#715 » by SickMother » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:41 am

Looking like Midds made the fatal mistake of letting his body fat % get too low.

Sometime all that muscle hinders a guy's shooting mechanics.
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#716 » by CountMe3Outs » Sun Sep 1, 2019 2:08 pm

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#717 » by crkone » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:51 pm

DrWood wrote:

I'd suggest the amount of credence to give a 28 shot sample is approximately zero.

At least he's okay at clutch FTs.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,645

Post#718 » by chonestown » Tue Sep 3, 2019 3:16 pm

emunney wrote:
Jimmmycrackcorn wrote:i just looked at game 6 of the eastern conference finals again.....

I'm about to blow your mind

224 is the highest number, fahgetaboutit
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#719 » by Clay Davis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:17 am

Who took him on as a defensive assignment in the Raps series? I feel like the Raptors were able to throw a better and more consistent set of wings at him than he had ever had to play against up until this point.

I think he's barely a below average max.. as a small market team, he's the type of guy the Bucks would have to settle for. He's pretty old, sadly, but he is a high character guy and a bit of a gym rat. He's good for the culture and can still improve/clean up his game (which is pretty good, despite his play off numbers. I think that the Raptors had a really stupid amount of defenders to throw at him. He struggled to score against them but so did Vucevic, Embiid, and Ben Simmons, all max contract worthy players (debate able with Vuc lol).

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#720 » by RiotPunch » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:42 am

Clay Davis wrote:Who took him on as a defensive assignment in the Raps series? I feel like the Raptors were able to throw a better and more consistent set of wings at him than he had ever had to play against up until this point.

I think he's barely a below average max.. as a small market team, he's the type of guy the Bucks would have to settle for. He's pretty old, sadly, but he is a high character guy and a bit of a gym rat. He's good for the culture and can still improve/clean up his game (which is pretty good, despite his play off numbers. I think that the Raptors had a really stupid amount of defenders to throw at him. He struggled to score against them but so did Vucevic, Embiid, and Ben Simmons, all max contract worthy players (debate able with Vuc lol).

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks