ImageImageImage

Paul Pierce was a closer

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Re: Paul Pierce was a closer 

Post#21 » by Parliament10 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:04 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
lol. Lets just say my comment back then and your thread are about equal.

Not really. My thread is correct. Paul Pierce is a closer, and I really dgaf if people think I'm stating the obvious. I think it's important, in this day and age where news cycles are so short, that people are constantly reminded of how good PIerce was with the game on the line.

Your post, on the other hand, was 1000% incorrect. So nah, not equal.

You should have named your thread "Remember how clutch Paul Pierce was! Current Celtics could use some of that." Instead of just stating obvious fact. That is why it started off slowly. Then when i made fun of title, you pointed out me being wrong in past. lol lol lol

I know that it's offseason, and there's nothing much to do.
But, you did initiate this whole negative conversation.
Why don't you just leave it alone, and move onto something else.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#22 » by OldCeltics » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:21 pm

The Comedian wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:wtf is this thread? like 1 +1 = 2

cool story bro

If you saying you miss him playing for Cs I agree.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

I mean, do you have a problem with the thread? Personally, I'm cool with any thread celebrating Pierce.

It seemed more like you initiated the back and forth by calling out the OP for the thread.

Back on topic, i remember a stretch in 05/06 where he scored 30 or more in 13 straight games, and hit the game winner in almost every one of their wins. The hate he gets on the gb is INSANE, crazy underrated.

Parliament10 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Not really. My thread is correct. Paul Pierce is a closer, and I really dgaf if people think I'm stating the obvious. I think it's important, in this day and age where news cycles are so short, that people are constantly reminded of how good PIerce was with the game on the line.

Your post, on the other hand, was 1000% incorrect. So nah, not equal.

You should have named your thread "Remember how clutch Paul Pierce was! Current Celtics could use some of that." Instead of just stating obvious fact. That is why it started off slowly. Then when i made fun of title, you pointed out me being wrong in past. lol lol lol

~ Parl

Ok, will do, but there was at least 3 other people that made fun of the thread:

brackdan70 "Also the sun is hot."
return2glory "Antoine Walker was a gambler."
exculpatory "Thanks for the tip."

Yet this CelticsFanSinceBirth guy only attacked me by pointing out some post i was wrong on half a year back. Come on this is ridiculous childish behavior from him.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#23 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:26 pm

Spoiler:
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#24 » by exculpatory » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:wtf is this thread? like 1 +1 = 2

cool story bro

If you saying you miss him playing for Cs I agree.

I mean, do you have a problem with the thread? Personally, I'm cool with any thread celebrating Pierce.

It seemed more like you initiated the back and forth by calling out the OP for the thread.

Back on topic, i remember a stretch in 05/06 where he scored 30 or more in 13 straight games, and hit the game winner in almost every one of their wins. The hate he gets on the gb is INSANE, crazy underrated.

Parliament10 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:

~ Parl

Yet this CelticsFanSinceBirth guy only attacked me by pointing out some post i was wrong on half a year back. Come on this is ridiculous childish behavior from him.

Please speak for yourself.

I LOVED the thread.

I LOVE all threads that re-emphasize that Paul Pierce was the most underrated Super Star of his generation.

I was making fun of MYSELF since it is well known that I am/was the most fanatic Truth fan on planet earth.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#25 » by OldCeltics » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:17 am

exculpatory wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Parliament10 wrote:I know that it's offseason, and there's nothing much to do.

~ Parl

Please speak for yourself.

I LOVED the thread.

I LOVE all threads that re-emphasize that Paul Pierce was the most underrated Super Star of his generation.

I was making fun of MYSELF since it is well known that I am/was the most fanatic Truth fan on planet earth.
Agreed. Pierce was a under rated super star. He was a leader by example, and one toughest players I've seen.

I really miss the Pierce era.

Waider
Junior
And1: 189

Post#26 » by Waider » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:55 am

I would pick Paul Pierce over any other player of his generation to close out or win a game at the death. Pure CLUTCH.

Kobe seems to get all the accolades for clutch but to me it was clearly Pierce who was more clutch.
This is hardly even fair, the rest of the league is playing checkers and Danny Ainge is playing 12-dimensional chess.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#27 » by exculpatory » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:50 am

Waider wrote:I would pick Paul Pierce over any other player of his generation to close out or win a game at the death. Pure CLUTCH.

Kobe seems to get all the accolades for clutch but to me it was clearly Pierce who was more clutch.

This!

When Paul played Kobe or Bron (or Wince or Tmac) head to head, most of the time he played them even or outplayed them.

Miss seeing him play so so so much!

I have developed a real affinity for the current group (good riddance flat earth dumber than rocks KI). Hoping for a Kemba-budding Super Star JT-resurgent - MIP - All Star once again GH NEW mini-big 3 - supplemented by EK & Cobra & hopefully a quality big we get for a JB package. I want to sneak up on & beat the Freakers & the Embiiders. And then worry about the Clippers in the Finals.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#28 » by OldCeltics » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:48 pm

exculpatory wrote:
Waider wrote:I would pick Paul Pierce over any other player of his generation to close out or win a game at the death. Pure CLUTCH.

This!

When Paul played Kobe or Bron (or Wince or Tmac) head to head, most of the time he played them even or outplayed them.

I have developed a real affinity for the current group (good riddance flat earth dumber than rocks KI). Hoping for a Kemba-budding Super Star JT-resurgent - MIP - All Star once again GH NEW mini-big 3 - supplemented by EK & Cobra & hopefully a quality big we get for a JB package. I want to sneak up on & beat the Freakers & the Embiiders. And then worry about the Clippers in the Finals.

I love Kobe's game, but I would pick Pierce over him simply because of clutchness and character. I would also say that if you put Pierce on the Lakers, he would have won as many championships as Kobe, with Shaq and Gasol.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#29 » by exculpatory » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:20 am

OldCeltics wrote:
exculpatory wrote:

This!

I love Kobe's game, but I would pick Pierce over him simply because of clutchness and character. I would also say that if you put Pierce on the Lakers, he would have won as many championships as Kobe, with Shaq and Gasol.

+1 billion

AB SO **** LUTE LY!
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,824

Post#30 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:32 am

GoGreen wrote:Unfortunately, he made himself look like a clown on tv. But as a player, he was the best thing this team had for years. Kept them afloat for all those seasons. Always could count on him. Loved watching him growing up.

I refused to watch him during his time as an analyst, so my image of him hasn't been ruined.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#31 » by Ill News » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:09 am

Paul Pierce is the man. He was Bird lite in terms of trash-talking his opponents, then backing it up by ripping their hearts out with game-winners and cold-blooded shots.

He managed to demoralize a lot of teams and their fanbases not only during his prime but even on his twilight years. His most noteworthy victims are Toronto and New York, and he played a part in forcing LBJ out of Cleveland by constantly one-upping him in the playoffs. In fact, he killed the Knicks so often that The Ringer's Jason Concepcion (a diehard Knicks fan) absolutely detests him and continues to **** on him out of spite, which I find hilarious.

I really wish Pierce managed to face LeBron when he was still in his prime. He was nearing the end of his prime playing years during the Big 3 era, while Lebron was still coming into his own. It would've great to see more duels between them like in Game 7 of the 2008 ECSF, because Pierce really was a thorn in LBJ's side.
UHar_Vinnie
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#32 » by UHar_Vinnie » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:59 pm

Ya know, I would pay good money to watch Exculpatory and Curmudgeon debate the Greatness (or Mediocrity) of Paul Pierce 34.

But seriously, even the haters have to respect the dude for making it possible for us to fleece the Nets by not invoking the no trade clause and convincing KG to come along. A true Celtic for life (minus a couple of seasons) always thinking what’s best for the franchise. OK, I am sure he had other personal considerations, but you know what I mean.

Return to Boston Celtics