Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Re: DeMarcus Cousins under investigation for threats against ex-wife 

Post#21 » by Ball so hard » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:31 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
LAKESHOW wrote:Simple. If youve got joint custody, schedule wedding on date u got the kid.

It's really not that simple. What if she decided at last minute to not let their son attend his father's wedding? In this scenario, Cousins would need to quickly hire an attorney who would then have to promptly file a petition with the court to intervene. Depending on the State that has jurisdiction over the child, there may not be a quick resolution, i.e your paperwork with the court is not processed until after your wedding.

Hey.... I have a novel idea..... don't put the kid in the middle. Period! Adults too often pull this crap based on their personal feelings rather than think about the life long F-up it does to the kid..... this stuff perpetuates more of the same. Yeah.... let the kid go to the wedding of a guy who just threatened to shoot me? Somehow Cousins is the good guy here? Wow.... just wow.

Get an attorney involved.... then you get a counselor involved.... then the kid gets to be put in the middle.

I'm very confused by your post. Your post almost has nothing to do with anything I said.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#22 » by Landsberger » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:07 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
It's really not that simple. What if she decided at last minute to not let their son attend his father's wedding? In this scenario, Cousins would need to quickly hire an attorney who would then have to promptly file a petition with the court to intervene. Depending on the State that has jurisdiction over the child, there may not be a quick resolution, i.e your paperwork with the court is not processed until after your wedding.

Hey.... I have a novel idea..... don't put the kid in the middle. Period! Adults too often pull this crap based on their personal feelings rather than think about the life long F-up it does to the kid..... this stuff perpetuates more of the same. Yeah.... let the kid go to the wedding of a guy who just threatened to shoot me? Somehow Cousins is the good guy here? Wow.... just wow.

Get an attorney involved.... then you get a counselor involved.... then the kid gets to be put in the middle.

I'm very confused by your post. Your post almost has nothing to do with anything I said.

You laid out a path for Cousins to get the kid to the wedding in response to another post.... I said why not just leave the kid out of it all together? I guess the idea of a rich guy who threatens his kids mom using his money in court just leaves me a little flat.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man

Post#23 » by Ball so hard » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:37 pm

Landsberger wrote:
Ball so hard wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

You laid out a path for Cousins to get the kid to the wedding in response to another post.... I said why not just leave the kid out of it all together? I guess the idea of a rich guy who threatens his kids mom using his money in court just leaves me a little flat.

I wasn't exactly laying out a path or offering an advice. The OP suggested there could've been an easy solution and I attempted to explain why I think he's mistaken.

Why not leave the kid out of it? I'll assume you're referring to the mother; in this case I agree wholeheartedly. Getting an attorney is not putting the kid in the middle. The act of one parent preventing a child--who has not been mistreated by any means--from partaking in a significant event of another parent is by definition putting the child in the middle. Putting the kid in the middle is what lead to the threat and not the other way around. It seems you may have a fundamental misunderstanding of what took place.

A rich guy who threatens his kid's mom using his money? Rich guy is non sequitur. Taking your ex to court over a disagreement is standard practice. The ex unilaterally decided that the kid is not allowed to go to his father's wedding... outside of taking her to court, what should he have done? Obviously no sane per would agree the threat of shooting her is appropriate.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,896

Post#24 » by lakerz12 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Why are they holding onto him anyways? Do they really think he could be a factor after recovering from the ACL? Cut him.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man

Post#25 » by Ball so hard » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:00 pm

lakerz12 wrote:Why are they holding onto him anyways? Do they really think he could be a factor after recovering from the ACL? Cut him.

There's really no rush to cut him since roster space is not needed at the moment.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#26 » by BEazy » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:56 pm

This might get to a point where it will be a distraction. I understand that they want to build a good reputation among upcoming free agents, but this sorta thing can distract a team majorly. Especially when social media has so much influence on these players now.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Post#27 » by Slava » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:29 pm

I'd cut him and use the open roster spot on Korver or Joe Johnson.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,539

Post#28 » by stan francisco » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:50 am

lakerRD wrote:I just listened to that audio.
What a disgusting comment!
I don't want him anywhere near the Lakers.
I'd be happy if they cut him. I didn't think much of him before the signing. Now I can't fathom seeing him in the P&G.

I’m sure I’d agree if I heard it, link please?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#29 » by TKainZero » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:37 am

An arrest warrant is out for Demarcus cousins.

Yikes.
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#30 » by MAMBAEMD » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:38 am

stan francisco wrote:
I'd be happy if they cut him. I didn't think much of him before the signing. Now I can't fathom seeing him in the P&G.

https://t.co/Jz9hJGfzPz
Formerly lakerRD
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,279

Post#31 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:Why are they holding onto him anyways? Do they really think he could be a factor after recovering from the ACL? Cut him.

There's really no rush to cut him since roster space is not needed at the moment.

If you wait too long, it will make it appear that your are simply cutting him bec you don't have need for him for the team. If you cut him now, the team is making a stand against domestic violence etc. bec there is that disturbing audio evidence and there is an arrest warrant.
btw hell no to Iso Joe Johnson. The guy is blackhole tho needs 6 dribbles to shoot, he is worst than Carmelo.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by stan francisco » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:33 pm

lakerRD wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

https://t.co/Jz9hJGfzPz

Cut him.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#33 » by Landsberger » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:54 pm

This guy should be cut immediately. The longer we wait the more it appears we condone that crap. I'm sure the league will be looking at some time off for him after his ACL is healed anyway.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#34 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:08 pm

There is a formal investigation launched by the NBA. Also reported, Lakers are also doing their own investigations. Lets wait and see what comes from these investigations. Not saying keep him or can the guy. Just sayin, lets the investigatory process play out
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#35 » by BigRedDog » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:06 pm

The hole thing sounds like a setup. Why was she recording this call in the first place?

I think everyone is overreacting a little. He might have just been drunk and not really meant he wanted to kill her.

He's about to learn a tough life lesson though, if youre a star you can get away with a lot of stuff. But if you become a middling athlete in the metoo era you cant have this type of stuff on your resume. Teams wont sign you or at the very least wont pay you much.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#36 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:43 pm

BigRedDog wrote:The hole thing sounds like a setup. Why was she recording this call in the first place?

I think everyone is overreacting a little. He might have just been drunk and not really meant he wanted to kill her.

He's about to learn a tough life lesson though, if youre a star you can get away with a lot of stuff. But if you become a middling athlete in the metoo era you cant have this type of stuff on your resume. Teams wont sign you or at the very least wont pay you much.

Overreacting?
To someone threatening to put a bullet in another human being’s head?
C’mon man.
And it’s not about him having this on his resume. F his resume. It’s about a criminal threat to kill someone. Drunk or not, he threatened to kill her.
And also, it’s not about the metoo era.
I would have had the same reaction if he was threatening a man.
Formerly lakerRD
BigRedDog
Junior

Post#37 » by BigRedDog » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:20 am

lakerRD wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:The hole thing sounds like a setup. Why was she recording this call in the first place?

Overreacting?
To someone threatening to put a bullet in another human being’s head?
C’mon man.
And it’s not about him having this on his resume. F his resume. It’s about a criminal threat to kill someone. Drunk or not, he threatened to kill her.
And also, it’s not about the metoo era.
I would have had the same reaction if he was threatening a man.

We've all said things we don't mean in the heat of the moment. She broke the law too by recording the call. I don't see everyone casting stones at her.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by stan francisco » Sun Sep 1, 2019 12:02 pm

She clearly set him up in that call with hopes of baiting him into getting mad and saying something outrageous, you can hear how she thinks it’s a fun little game. And she’s putting the kid in the middle to get to DMC. Messed up. Still, he said what he said, it’s a homicide threat.
Landsberger
General Manager

Post#39 » by Landsberger » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:42 pm

I'll give you a reason she recorded it..... my guess is that this isn't the first time he'd done it.

You tell someone that your going to shoot them and it's a crime. If it's the mother of your kid it's a crime.

You're really worried about his resume'...... really? That's what came to your mind out of this?
BigRedDog
Junior

Post#40 » by BigRedDog » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:07 pm

Landsberger wrote:

I'll give you a reason she recorded it..... my guess is that this isn't the first time he'd done it.

You tell someone that your going to shoot them and it's a crime. If it's the mother of your kid it's a crime.

You're really worried about his resume'...... really? That's what came to your mind out of this?

Just hate to see men get caught up in their emotions and let manipulative women ruin their lives. You've got to be so careful around them man.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers