ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Casual / OT Wasteman Thread '20-21 Season XI

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Re: Official Casual / OT Wasteman Thread '18-19 Season XI 

Post#381 » by Northface82 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:17 pm

bucks fans:
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#382 » by Steelo Green » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:13 pm

Northface82 wrote:Image

bucks fans:

I’m guessing you just finished watching the Bucks series :wink:
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#383 » by YogiStewart » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:02 am

Wastemens,
what's the most you've spent on vet bills?
and would you think it would be tasteless to start a GoFundMe to help chip away at the bills?
Lord Eder
General Manager
And1: 16,625

Post#384 » by Lord Eder » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:29 am

YogiStewart wrote:Wastemens,
and would you think it would be tasteless to start a GoFundMe to help chip away at the bills?

5 grand when my dog had to have her mammory chain removed, right before our wedding too. She was turning 5 years old that year. My childhood dog got hit by a car and I believe my parents dropped close to 10 grand on his surgeries. I think he was 2 or 3 years old when it happened.

I don’t think it would be tasteless. We’re talking a living animal here. Not like you’re trying to fund a vacation to Ibiza.
"Jerome Moiso with 2 rebounds and a steal.... Put him in the hall of fame!"
- Chuck Swirsky
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#385 » by YogiStewart » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Lord Eder wrote:

5 grand when my dog had to have her mammory chain removed, right before our wedding too. She was turning 5 years old that year. My childhood dog got hit by a car and I believe my parents dropped close to 10 grand on his surgeries. I think he was 2 or 3 years old when it happened.

I don’t think it would be tasteless. We’re talking a living animal here. Not like you’re trying to fund a vacation to Ibiza.

yeah.
our bill's at close to $10 000. it is pretty surreal. they still don't know what's wrong with our cat.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#386 » by Lord Eder » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:57 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:

yeah.
our bill's at close to $10 000. it is pretty surreal. they still don't know what's wrong with our cat.

We didn’t hesitate for a second with our dog and neither did my parents. A lot of people said we were crazy to put that much money into a pet but for us it was not something we could put a price on. Maybe if they were older it would be an easier decision to say no, but they both obviously still had so much life left. I think that’s a major thing to consider.

Like I said a lot of people said we were crazy, so if you were to start a gofundme I don’t doubt that there will be people who will judge and say it’s classless but at the same time there will also be people who will understand and be compassionate. I wouldn’t pay any mind to anyone who judges if that’s the route you want to take.

10 grand and not even a diagnosis is pretty rough though. I feel like personally 10 grand would be my cap, all in. At that point, yeah, I’d probably explode outside help financially.

Hope it all works out man.
- Chuck Swirsky
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#387 » by YogiStewart » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Lord Eder wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:

yeah.

We didn’t hesitate for a second with our dog and neither did my parents. A lot of people said we were crazy to put that much money into a pet but for us it was not something we could put a price on. Maybe if they were older it would be an easier decision to say no, but they both obviously still had so much life left. I think that’s a major thing to consider.

Like I said a lot of people said we were crazy, so if you were to start a gofundme I don’t doubt that there will be people who will judge and say it’s classless but at the same time there will also be people who will understand and be compassionate. I wouldn’t pay any mind to anyone who judges if that’s the route you want to take.

10 grand and not even a diagnosis is pretty rough though. I feel like personally 10 grand would be my cap, all in. At that point, yeah, I’d probably explode outside help financially.

biopsy results just came in. chronic inflammation of the small intestine. they're just waiting to rule out Addison's but then they can start treatment as early as today.
we took him in Monday to put him down and they asked us to wait for the biopsy. hopefully we'll be able to bring him home on the weekend.
setting a cap is tough, esp when they're baffled at the problem.

so i can mark you down for a cool grand, right?
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#388 » by Mikistan » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:03 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:yeah.

biopsy results just came in. chronic inflammation of the small intestine. they're just waiting to rule out Addison's but then they can start treatment as early as today.
we took him in Monday to put him down and they asked us to wait for the biopsy. hopefully we'll be able to bring him home on the weekend.

So sorry to hear Yogi
Is your kitty young?

We have two elderly dogs that we adopted 3 years ago - we got them at 11 and 12 years old and they are 15 and 14 now (maybe older i cant remember).

We pay monthly for heart medicine and eye drops twice a day roughly 1-2 grand a year for that daily medicine - and recently the older dog is deteriorating so another couple vet visits and it continues to climb.

Not like your situation - in terms of $s in chunk, but ours is more a slow bleed of money.

Overall - you need to make the decision for the animal
- Is your cat in pain? Is their quality of life deteriorating and will they have a quality of life after any procedures or medications?
If the answer is no - then sometimes its more fair to the animal to let them go, as they are living in pain?

Very tough time

Bonus - picture of the pups:
Spoiler:
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#389 » by Lord Eder » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:53 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:yeah.

Well at least they have a point to start from now. Lol I don’t know about a grand, but if you do crowd fund, post it here. I’d be happy to help what I could.
- Chuck Swirsky
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#390 » by YogiStewart » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:49 pm

Mikistan wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:
Lord Eder wrote:

So sorry to hear Yogi
Is your kitty young?

We have two elderly dogs that we adopted 3 years ago - we got them at 11 and 12 years old and they are 15 and 14 now (maybe older i cant remember).

We pay monthly for heart medicine and eye drops twice a day roughly 1-2 grand a year for that daily medicine - and recently the older dog is deteriorating so another couple vet visits and it continues to climb.

Not like your situation - in terms of $s in chunk, but ours is more a slow bleed of money.

Overall - you need to make the decision for the animal
- Is your cat in pain? Is their quality of life deteriorating and will they have a quality of life after any procedures or medications?
If the answer is no - then sometimes its more fair to the animal to let them go, as they are living in pain?

Very tough time

Bonus - picture of the pups:
Spoiler:

nice to hear that you took in senior pets. they are often neglected and not adopted. good man.

our cat is a rescue cat. link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s_3hLJwqqVIM3pb7hYaPnEj7lhRypLf1/view?usp=sharing

Morrissey was living in the basement kennel in a vet clinic. passed hands a lot. was nervous. we brought him home so he could live in a bedroom for at least a month and have a window. that was 4 years ago. after a rough 2 weeks, he fell in love with our other 2 cats and fit in the house perfectly.

probably the most loving cat i've had, so he deserves to survive this, esp since he likely had a rough start to his life?
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#391 » by YogiStewart » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:37 pm

Yeah, i decided to go ahead with a GoFundMe.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sickmorrissey&rcid=r01-156701377276-a1d355490f664ce2&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

thanks in advance, fam, if any drop a dime.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#392 » by 720 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:17 pm

I spent 600 on nba 2k15 my team mode.
Lord Eder
General Manager

Post#393 » by Lord Eder » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:29 pm

YogiStewart wrote:Yeah, i decided to go ahead with a GoFundMe.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sickmorrissey&rcid=r01-156701377276-a1d355490f664ce2&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

thanks in advance, fam, if any drop a dime.

I’m happy to see that he’s the best he’s been in a while. Hope that continues :beer:
- Chuck Swirsky
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#394 » by YogiStewart » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:31 pm

Just a quick update:

first, thanks to 1 to 2 wastepeople who may have donated to Morrissey's vet bill. I don't know who you are, but there are names that i don't recognize. it really, really means a lot to us.
last night, after working a 12 hr shift, i went to go visit him. Dude totally perked up. Best he's looked in 9 days. Purring, chirping, drooling. Very happy guy.
Got a call this morning and he's totally turned around. Apparently ate on his own last night. They're doing a physical and we may be able to take him home today. if this is the case, we're so bloody relieved. hopefully he's on his full way to recovery, which is not what we'd have thought on Monday evening, when we literally took him in to be euthanized.
Alpha Mentality
Assistant Coach
And1: 14,102

Post#395 » by Alpha Mentality » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:43 pm

Hey hey hey :wink:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#396 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Sep 1, 2019 12:51 am

In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#397 » by Mikistan » Sun Sep 1, 2019 1:51 am

YogiStewart wrote:Just a quick update:

first, thanks to 1 to 2 wastepeople who may have donated to Morrissey's vet bill. I don't know who you are, but there are names that i don't recognize. it really, really means a lot to us.
last night, after working a 12 hr shift, i went to go visit him. Dude totally perked up. Best he's looked in 9 days. Purring, chirping, drooling. Very happy guy.
Got a call this morning and he's totally turned around. Apparently ate on his own last night. They're doing a physical and we may be able to take him home today. if this is the case, we're so bloody relieved. hopefully he's on his full way to recovery, which is not what we'd have thought on Monday evening, when we literally took him in to be euthanized.

Switched him back to his old food?
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,734

Post#398 » by Diop » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:48 am

Ingles>>>>>>Kawhi
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#399 » by YogiStewart » Sun Sep 1, 2019 12:15 pm

Mikistan wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:Just a quick update:

Switched him back to his old food?

not yet.
he's been home since Thursday night and his recovery will be a slow, long one. he's still not really interested in eating much. nibbles here and there, but tube feeding's happening 3 times a day.
we also realized that his e-cone is making him a bit miserable, so as of last night, we're taking it off while he's supervised.
i slept with him on the love seat (uggg) for 2 hrs last night. this morning, he was verbal when i came in. he came onto the love seat, wanted attention, then fell asleep beside me while on his back so i could rub his belly. very positive signs.

everything's trending towards the positive. no vomiting. he showed interest in playing last night. he grooms when the cone's off. he stretches a bit when he gets up. he's just really, really, really tired and his appetite's not back. if you didn't eat for almost 2 weeks, you'd probably take a while to recover as well, i guess.

anyways, it's just great to have him back and to have him curl up with us. he doesn't look like he's suffering right now, so we're very happy.

foodwise, we don't have him on the old food, but for one main reason. the pieces of kibble are very big. so we're using another type of dry food and some wet food as well.
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#400 » by K4P » Sun Sep 1, 2019 11:49 pm

Diop wrote:Ingles>>>>>>Kawhi

Raymond Felton > Rozier

Return to Toronto Raptors