ImageImageImage

Poll: Should DA be looking trade JB

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Should DA be looking trade JB

yes
37%
no
63%

Total votes: 76

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Poll: Should DA be looking trade JB 

Post#21 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:54 am

Look what Denver ended up getting for Nurkic in a trade, by the way. Very poor return on a great draft choice - Nurkic and a 1st for Plumlee and a 2nd. That’s the risk for Pritchard- it all goes south and they trade Sabonis for Kanter or Theis and a pick.

Langford for Sabonis is a very obvious scenario, both teams could talk themselves into it. I’d worry that we’d be getting a great roleplayer for a future star.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,627

Post#22 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Sep 1, 2019 11:27 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Look what Denver ended up getting for Nurkic in a trade, by the way. Very poor return on a great draft choice - Nurkic and a 1st for Plumlee and a 2nd. That’s the risk for Pritchard- it all goes south and they trade Sabonis for Kanter or Theis and a pick.

Langford for Sabonis is a very obvious scenario, both teams could talk themselves into it. I’d worry that we’d be getting a great roleplayer for a future star.

When you trade a guy as undeveloped as Langford, SOMEBODY's winning that deal. The main hope for a more-or-less equal deal is when the major assets on both sides are known quantities ... or, of course, when both sides send out trash packages. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#23 » by Edug27 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 2:25 pm

Right now Id say yes, but only in a deal for a really good player like Beal.

But I’m also willing to see how he develops this season. Just not overly optimistic anymore with him.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#24 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Sep 1, 2019 2:29 pm

If he’s not prepared to give Brown 25m+, yes.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#25 » by Triple7 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 2:46 pm

Edug27 wrote:Right now Id say yes, but only in a deal for a really good player like Beal.

But I’m also willing to see how he develops this season. Just not overly optimistic anymore with him.

I agree! I voted no, just because i wanted to see what he’s like this season.
Edug27
RealGM

Post#26 » by Edug27 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 2:48 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:If he’s not prepared to give Brown 25m+, yes.

By this logic.. the team trading for Brown must also be first willing to pay him 25m+?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Sep 1, 2019 3:15 pm

Edug27 wrote:

By this logic.. the team trading for Brown must also be first willing to pay him 25m+?

Someone is going to give it to him this offseason, a team trading for him better be prepared to pay him.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,183

Post#28 » by brackdan70 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:47 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Someone is going to give it to him this offseason, a team trading for him better be prepared to pay him.

Yeah I think he will get an offer or two in the 4/100 range if not more. I also think DA shouldn’t be afraid to pay him that, but if he is....I guess consider a trade.
Sign here
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#29 » by GoGreen » Sun Sep 1, 2019 6:23 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
GoGreen wrote:If there's a legit power forward out there? Someone with youth, skill and size? I think you gotta think hard about it.

But, bringing me to my point, it all depends what's out there, and if Danny feels comfortable paying Jaylen that kind of money. Would I? Ehh... idk. This is a big year for him.

Sabonis is still of interest to me. The Pacers aren't going to want to pay both Turner and Sabonis big money, and the C's really need a superior player up front.

It certainly seems like a good match... but man. That would be tough to give up Jaylen. Sabonis has put up some nice numbers, though.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#30 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:53 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Look what Denver ended up getting for Nurkic in a trade, by the way. Very poor return on a great draft choice - Nurkic and a 1st for Plumlee and a 2nd. That’s the risk for Pritchard- it all goes south and they trade Sabonis for Kanter or Theis and a pick.

When you trade a guy as undeveloped as Langford, SOMEBODY's winning that deal. The main hope for a more-or-less equal deal is when the major assets on both sides are known quantities ... or, of course, when both sides send out trash packages. :)

Right, but I think that if Indiana is backed into a corner with Sabonis, gambling on a star-upside 2-guard (who is exactly the kind of attacking wing they need) could be a good play.

I could see Langford in Indiana going on a run by February, putting up a string of 20+ nights. The Pacers would take on more risk but get the player with the higher ceiling.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#31 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:56 pm

Jaylen has Star upside that Sabonis just doesn’t. It’s too much value to give away.
Edug27
RealGM

Post#32 » by Edug27 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:00 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Jaylen has Star upside that Sabonis just doesn’t. It’s too much value to give away.

Star upside is a bit of a stretch. Just because he can jump high doesn’t give him star upside.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#33 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:08 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Roddy wrote:Wait until december. I'm OK with Jaylen at $22 million if he has improved and has a big impact on the court.
If he is the same player and doesn't want a between $15-17 million contract, trade him.
If he wants more than $22 million, trade him.

22 mill is reasonable, for a future border line all-star. He's only 22 years old. I think even 24 million would be bargain.

`
True, 4/100 is a good price range. I wanna see what he does during the regular season, but I think that it's a risky situation for Ainge. If Brown averages 17-18, he will go into a 30 mil price range and unless Danny trades him, C's will have a tough time affording his next contract.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#34 » by Roddy » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:11 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Roddy wrote:Wait until december. I'm OK with Jaylen at $22 million if he has improved and has a big impact on the court.
If he is the same player and doesn't want a between $15-17 million contract, trade him.
If he wants more than $22 million, trade him.

22 mill is reasonable, for a future border line all-star. He's only 22 years old. I think even 24 million would be bargain.

`
True, 4/100 is a good price range. I wanna see what he does during the regular season, but I think that it's a risky situation for Ainge. If Brown averages 17-18, he will go into a 30 mil price range and unless Danny trades him, C's will have a tough time affording his next contract.

17 PPG means $30 million ???

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#35 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:13 pm

The opportunity with a player like Sabonis is to get him at a discount - like, Kanter and a 1st at the deadline. If you’re trying to lock in a young long-term center, there are going to be other opportunities. And we already have Rob Williams, who has as much raw talent as a rebounder and rim protector as Sabonis or Turner. We don’t need to make a deal just to make a deal.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#36 » by SichtingLives » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:14 pm

Dont see any point to keeping both Brown and Hayward beyond this season and until some games are played neither player is anywhere close to having a determined value. But hell yeah I'd be looking to deal one or the other.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#37 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:16 pm

Roddy wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:

`

17 PPG means $30 million ???

More than likely. I think Murray averaged 17 pts and got the same as Simmons? 34 mils? I think there will be teams with money and Brown is still fairly young.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Sep 1, 2019 9:19 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Edug27 wrote:

Yeah I think he will get an offer or two in the 4/100 range if not more. I also think DA shouldn’t be afraid to pay him that, but if he is....I guess consider a trade.

I think he should give it to him and try to sign him to an extension. Its more than hes worth, but I think it would go a long way to repair the culture of people feeling like theyre just assets.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#39 » by Darth Celtic » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:33 pm

Looking? no. IF he can get a better player long term for him? sure answer the phone.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Edug27
RealGM

Post#40 » by Edug27 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 10:54 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:Looking? no. IF he can get a better player long term for him? sure answer the phone.

Or “make the call”.

Return to Boston Celtics