ImageImageImage

Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Re: Who is indifferent to Kyrie leaving? 

Post#61 » by OldCeltics » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:08 pm

UHar_Vinnie wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I wanted him back so we could proceed to trade his ass, but he outsmarted me.

Wes-J wrote:Biggest d-bag to ever suit up for the Celtics.

Is that Mark Blount?
The Millennials be like, Who dis?

Let’s have the Celtics_History_Lesson give a Celtics history lesson on Mark Blount. Or better yet, read this “Where is Mark Blount Now” from last year: https://www.heraldnews.com/sports/20180330/whatever-happened-to-boston-celtics-center-mark-blount

P.S. Please don’t forget another legend from that era, Vin Baker.

Blount for all his flaws actually played to his potential, which just wasn't very high. He chewed gum during games with the best of them. He wasn't a negative influence on players around him.

Irving destroyed our franchise from within for an entire year. So Biggest Douche award is no contest.

Vin Baker just loved the sauce more than basketball. Stay strong Mr Baker!
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,781

Post#62 » by SuperDeluxe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:09 am

OldCeltics wrote:
UHar_Vinnie wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I wanted him back so we could proceed to trade his ass, but he outsmarted me.

Is that Mark Blount?

Let’s have the Celtics_History_Lesson give a Celtics history lesson on Mark Blount. Or better yet, read this “Where is Mark Blount Now” from last year: https://www.heraldnews.com/sports/20180330/whatever-happened-to-boston-celtics-center-mark-blount

Blount for all his flaws actually played to his potential, which just wasn't very high. He chewed gum during games with the best of them. He wasn't a negative influence on players around him.

Irving destroyed our franchise from within for an entire year. So Biggest Douche award is no contest.

I don't think we remember Mark Blount equally fondly. The moment he signed his big contract, he decided it was time to stop caring and started a lifelong mental vacation. He was a disgrace, very painful to watch.
Fidel Sarcasmo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#63 » by Fidel Sarcasmo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:11 am

Mark Blount, If we're bringing up Marc Blount in the conversation with Kyrie than Kyrie must've been terrible this past year.
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#64 » by rmal8852 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:51 am

Addition by subtraction....GTFOH...GLAD HE’s gone.....The interesting question is “will the little weirdo play in ANY games in Boston this Year?”

He’s a snowflake.....don’t think so. Will be some convenient injuries and some scheduled rest days....he won’t play here .
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#65 » by ddb » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:53 pm

Fidel Sarcasmo wrote:
ddb wrote:Why are we still talking about Kyrie. Now that he's gone it feels like he was never even here. He had maybe 2 games ever where he hit big shots on the home court and made it feel real. Otherwise it just felt like Boston was always the bridge between Cleveland and Brooklyn. And that's fine because while Kyrie was here we learned a few things about him. Without getting into all the details let's just get excited about this team with Kemba, Marcus, Tatum, Hayward, Kanter, everyone else and whoever we get for Brown.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

What's up ddb? how you been. Thanks for the emotional support back then. I was hurting bad.

Hey! Just seeing this. Glad to see you back posting.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,942

Post#66 » by exculpatory » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:01 am

Who?

Good riddance mother ****.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#67 » by celtxman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 4:54 am

ddb wrote:Why are we still talking about Kyrie. Now that he's gone it feels like he was never even here. He had maybe 2 games ever where he hit big shots on the home court and made it feel real. Otherwise it just felt like Boston was always the bridge between Cleveland and Brooklyn. And that's fine because while Kyrie was here we learned a few things about him. Without getting into all the details let's just get excited about this team with Kemba, Marcus, Tatum, Hayward, Kanter, everyone else and whoever we get for Brown.

The reason I still speak about Irving is that he left scorched earth in Boston. That is, all things considered, I don't think there ever was another Boston athlete, or maybe any city that left so much potential damage behind.
This is way more than his horrendous leadership and abysmal play in the playoffs. His lying to the season ticket holders about returning to Boston and fans in general, held Ainge just enough to not trade him, when things were falling apart. Meanwhile weeks after his declaration to the season ticket holders he was already laying groundwork to leave Boston as Spencer Dinwiddie told us. Ainge's flawed plan of keeping Irving to entice Anthony Davis to want to come, cost the Celtics assets from trading Irving at the deadline. Any assets received could have been part of a package to get AD at the same trade deadline(Rose Rule wiped out with Irving out of town.)
But whether or not AD was going to happen or not, it's hard to be indifferent to someone, who now seemed to make it a mission to poison the idea that Boston was a destination place to play. In a vacuum getting Kemba was a decent move. But big picture, it was critical for Boston to stop the bleeding from the knife in the back from Irving, and get an All Star player back in here.
I am 100% against the way Ray Allen handled himself in leaving town. But this is far worse. Irving knew the ramifications of everything he did, from freezing Boston management with his lies about staying, to being a big part in AD not coming, to giving his best effort to inflict as much damage as he thought he could by going to a team in the division, hometown or not.
Irving, looked behind him at the mess he left behind, then dumped a big jug of gasoline on it, lit a match and walked away. I don't see how to be indifferent about that, no matter if the Celtics win a championship as a result of him leaving.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 10,942

Post#68 » by exculpatory » Sun Sep 1, 2019 7:25 am

celtxman wrote:

The reason I still speak about Irving is that he left scorched earth in Boston. That is, all things considered, I don't think there ever was another Boston athlete, or maybe any city that left so much potential damage behind.
This is way more than his horrendous leadership and abysmal play in the playoffs. His lying to the season ticket holders about returning to Boston and fans in general, held Ainge just enough to not trade him, when things were falling apart. Meanwhile weeks after his declaration to the season ticket holders he was already laying groundwork to leave Boston as Spencer Dinwiddie told us. Ainge's flawed plan of keeping Irving to entice Anthony Davis to want to come, cost the Celtics assets from trading Irving at the deadline. Any assets received could have been part of a package to get AD at the same trade deadline(Rose Rule wiped out with Irving out of town.)
But whether or not AD was going to happen or not, it's hard to be indifferent to someone, who now seemed to make it a mission to poison the idea that Boston was a destination place to play. In a vacuum getting Kemba was a decent move. But big picture, it was critical for Boston to stop the bleeding from the knife in the back from Irving, and get an All Star player back in here.
I am 100% against the way Ray Allen handled himself in leaving town. But this is far worse. Irving knew the ramifications of everything he did, from freezing Boston management with his lies about staying, to being a big part in AD not coming, to giving his best effort to inflict as much damage as he thought he could by going to a team in the division, hometown or not.
Irving, looked behind him at the mess he left behind, then dumped a big jug of gasoline on it, lit a match and walked away. I don't see how to be indifferent about that, no matter if the Celtics win a championship as a result of him leaving.

Nominated for a Top 10 post of the year because of its spot on veracity & eloquence.

I still say **** You Kyrie.
Go get catfished like traitor Ray on a flat planet other than earth.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,951

Post#69 » by sam_I_am » Sun Sep 1, 2019 11:41 am

exculpatory wrote:
celtxman wrote:

Nominated for a Top 10 post of the year because of its spot on veracity & eloquence.

Agree with Ex on quality of post....spot on.... but....

I am over it. I never really liked Kyrie ... and the flat earth stuff was only the least annoying of his mumbling jumbo. He is fun to watch at times but when he is on the court the team play was abysmal. If he was on a cold streak it just wasn’t fun at all. Somehow, I am more excited about this team even though I don’t have title expectations. I accept that Kemba is the lesser talent but I already like the vibe he has created.

When Kyrie returns as a Net... I won’t be jeering him.....I doubt I’ll even care.
celtxman
Analyst

Post#70 » by celtxman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:18 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
celtxman wrote: The reason I still speak about Irving is that he left scorched earth in Boston. That is, all things considered, I don't think there ever was another Boston athlete, or maybe any city that left so much potential damage behind.

I am over it. I never really liked Kyrie ... and the flat earth stuff was only the least annoying of his mumbling jumbo. He is fun to watch at times but when he is on the court the team play was abysmal. If he was on a cold streak it just wasn’t fun at all. Somehow, I am more excited about this team even though I don’t have title expectations. I accept that Kemba is the lesser talent but I already like the vibe he has created.

When Kyrie returns as a Net... I won’t be jeering him.....I doubt I’ll even care.
I root for the laundry. When someone goes out of his way to unprecedented damage to the Celtics, for me it's more than "good riddance " and moving on. It doesn't mean gnashing my teeth, or booing Irving. But it does mean to recognize just how toxic and damaging Irving willfully was here. I cringe when members of the media,talk about Irving's problems and the younger players issues as if the problems are on the same level. It "wasn't just Kyrie" they say. We all know there were other problems. But the ultimate irony is that the self proclaimed leader of the Celtics did more to worsen the other issues, like playing time, by failing to know how to lead and keep things together. Instead he spent his time making a mockery of the Celtics, by dancing around and flaunting KD in front of everyone including those Celtic season ticket holders at the All Star Game. This same leader was nowhere to be found at Game 7 of the ECF.
I too am looking forward to the new look Celtics. I just don't want the truth about Irving to be minimized or altered. Happy he's gone has a better sound to it than indifferent
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
celtxman
Analyst

Post#71 » by celtxman » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:26 pm

exculpatory wrote:
celtxman wrote:

thank you. When we really go back years from nowand look how bad Irving was, it will actually look worse than it does now
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,225

Post#72 » by TheMartian » Mon Sep 2, 2019 2:09 am

Good riddance to that douchebag.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Post#73 » by chrisab123 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 1:04 pm

I still think if it was possible to keep him in a vaccum then you do it. Talent like his doesn't grow on trees. However, the downgrade from him to Kemba isn't severe as one would think. You also take into consideration that Kemba Tatum Brown and Smart are all gaining chemistry on team USA right now and these are pluses that you can't ignore. They'll finish better than the Nets and probably have the same record as last year.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Post#74 » by chrisab123 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 1:06 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
UHar_Vinnie wrote:

Is that Mark Blount?

Paul Gaston was more destructive than Vin Baker Mark Blount and Kyrie all rolled into one.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#75 » by JHTruth » Mon Sep 2, 2019 7:05 pm

I hated the deal when it was made and never bought the fraud that is Kyrie Irving. Supposedly Wyc had a big part in making the deal, clearly wanting to put more butts in the seats. We could have had another promising young player for our young core at the very least.

Kyrie is my least favorite Celtic ever. And I lived through the Blount era. Lol. Just a terrible terrible guy to "lead" your team. And so no I'm not indifferent. Thrilled. Just sad that he fooled so mAny fAns Into defending him.
celtxman
Analyst

Post#76 » by celtxman » Mon Sep 2, 2019 8:51 pm

JHTruth wrote:I hated the deal when it was made and never bought the fraud that is Kyrie Irving. Supposedly Wyc had a big part in making the deal, clearly wanting to put more butts in the seats. We could have had another promising young player for our young core at the very least.

Kyrie is my least favorite Celtic ever. And I lived through the Blount era. Lol. Just a terrible terrible guy to "lead" your team. And so no I'm not indifferent. Thrilled. Just sad that he fooled so mAny fAns Into defending him.
I was in favor of the trade. I felt that the Celtics were a team on the rise and IT may be done in that his game was 100% needing quickness. Most writers who worked with him said he was "different" and I did consider the injury history and his troubles with Lebron. But I thought he would be super motivated to show, on a team basis, what he could do without Lebron, and with Hayward already in place, it made so much sense positionally - losing IT at PG, but even getting a better championship tested player in return. I thought the Nets pick would probably end up at around #5, but I was OK with it.
I will always say that the trade was worth the risk. But the truth of the matter is, the Celtics would have been better off if he was injured for both seasons and then left for free agency. He was that toxic
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#77 » by JHTruth » Mon Sep 2, 2019 9:22 pm

celtxman wrote:
JHTruth wrote:I hated the deal when it was made and never bought the fraud that is Kyrie Irving. Supposedly Wyc had a big part in making the deal, clearly wanting to put more butts in the seats. We could have had another promising young player for our young core at the very least.

I was in favor of the trade. I felt that the Celtics were a team on the rise and IT may be done in that his game was 100% needing quickness. Most writers who worked with him said he was "different" and I did consider the injury history and his troubles with Lebron. But I thought he would be super motivated to show, on a team basis, what he could do without Lebron, and with Hayward already in place, it made so much sense positionally - losing IT at PG, but even getting a better championship tested player in return. I thought the Nets pick would probably end up at around #5, but I was OK with it.
I will always say that the trade was worth the risk. But the truth of the matter is, the Celtics would have been better off if he was injured for both seasons and then left for free agency. He was that toxic

Well I would not have brought the truck for IT, but maybe moved him in smAller deal.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#78 » by Dannyboy36 » Mon Sep 2, 2019 9:58 pm

celtxman wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
exculpatory wrote:

I root for the laundry. When someone goes out of his way to unprecedented damage to the Celtics, for me it's more than "good riddance " and moving on. It doesn't mean gnashing my teeth, or booing Irving. But it does mean to recognize just how toxic and damaging Irving willfully was here. I cringe when members of the media,talk about Irving's problems and the younger players issues as if the problems are on the same level. It "wasn't just Kyrie" they say. We all know there were other problems. But the ultimate irony is that the self proclaimed leader of the Celtics did more to worsen the other issues, like playing time, by failing to know how to lead and keep things together. Instead he spent his time making a mockery of the Celtics, by dancing around and flaunting KD in front of everyone including those Celtic season ticket holders at the All Star Game. This same leader was nowhere to be found at Game 7 of the ECF.
I too am looking forward to the new look Celtics. I just don't want the truth about Irving to be minimized or altered. Happy he's gone has a better sound to it than indifferent

It’s all about intentions and I truly believe Kyrie had bad intentions many times this past year when he criticized guys in the press and was passive aggressive with his Lebron apology, walking by the coach to congratulate the other team with time still ticking off the clock, walking off the court with seconds left etc.
I believe he did these things to disrupt. Other guys can be guilty of this and that. It may be selfish or self centered but not intending to be harmful to the team.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#79 » by return2glory » Mon Sep 2, 2019 10:15 pm

chrisab123 wrote:I still think if it was possible to keep him in a vaccum then you do it. Talent like his doesn't grow on trees. However, the downgrade from him to Kemba isn't severe as one would think. You also take into consideration that Kemba Tatum Brown and Smart are all gaining chemistry on team USA right now and these are pluses that you can't ignore. They'll finish better than the Nets and probably have the same record as last year.

Kemba is an upgrade. Not seeing how people still don’t see this. During the season I said Lilliard and Kemba are better than Kyrie overall, that including leadership, play on the court and on and off court impact. People brushed off those comments and disagreed with him.

During the season when Celtic fans here were calling Kyrie clutch, I was the person saying he is nothing close to clutch. I mentioned one big shot in the playoffs doesn’t make you clutch, it was more a fluke. I got **** for that and laughed at by a few big Kyrie fans here.

Playoffs came and the Bucks back up PG outplayed the so called fake ass superstar. Yes, let me repeat, the back up PG for the Bucks outplayed this overrated AF player.

During the West Coast trip when the reports were coming out that this team was bonding, I was the one with the inside info saying don’t believe the reports and that this team is still divided as ever. I still got laughed at by some year. I hinted over and over there was one main person causing all this separation amongst the players but president on the Kyrie fan club on this board laughed. She no longer posts her because she wasn’t a Celtic fan but a Kyrie fan.

The other person that was a big Kyrie fan here taught he was the governor of this board who left a few months again with “his 40 followers.” He left because he was mad he couldn’t become a mid but and pulled the race card at this end.

I’m I’m personally glad the player that was a playoff bust is gone and so are a few of his supporters that tainted this board.

I’m glad Kemba is here and is an upgrade over that former Celtic player that got owned by George Hill. In a few months people here will see how much better a player and leader Kemba is than that fake leader that was here last year.

It’s going to be fun for the Boston Celtics and their fans this year.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#80 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Sep 2, 2019 10:47 pm

return2glory wrote:
The other person that was a big Kyrie fan here was the governor of this board you left this board with “his 40 followers.” He left because he couldn’t become he governor of this board and pulled the race card at this end.

This is the dumbest **** I've read all week.

Return to Boston Celtics