OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#1 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi everyone,

Welcome to our ninth season of the RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy Basketball League! Believe it or not, but we are just 65 days away from the start of the 2019-2020 NBA season. As always, I like to create our thread two months or so in advance to make sure everything is in order before our live draft leading up to tip-off.

Team Pippen Ain't Easy is your defending champion from the 2018-2019 season, so congratulations again to the rookie manager who dominated the league from start to finish!

Below I have posted the final standings from 2018-2019. Like years prior, I always give managers from last season dibs on keeping their teams (provided they were active for most of the season). Managers who stopped setting their line-ups or never showed after the draft most likely will not be welcomed back, but we had a very active 2019 season so that probably will not be a problem.

If you participated and are interested in playing again in 2019-2020, please reply and let me know which team below was yours along with your email address (PM it to me if you do not want it public).

We are rolling again with 12 teams, which I thought competitively speaking was perfect as opposed to years prior where rosters got thin with 14 teams.

1) Pippen Ain't Easy #
2) Dribble Hand Off #
3) Motown Philly #
4) Cincinnati Sixers #
5) Str8 Cash Homie #
6) Go Back to Sea World #
7) Floppers (Consolation Bracket Champion) #
8) A Team Has No Name #
9) AIR's Amazing Team
10) Embiid4Prez #
11) Wizrd's of Westwood
12) Cru Thik #

# denotes returning for 2019-20 season

Since we've thrown out the idea in the past, I am going to set up an early poll which will run the next two weeks (until Labor Day, 9/2) on whether managers would be interested in the idea of making this a dynasty league* and/or having an entry fee** so that the winner will receive a cash prize. Please take the time to voice your opinion in the poll and post any comments/ideas you may have on whether any of these changes interest you. Obviously I would only make these changes if the overwhelming majority are interested, as I do not want to lose a big number of managers who have been loyal to this league all these years.

* A dynasty league is different from the standard re-draft league where instead of drafting a new team of players before the beginning of each season, a team's players (sometimes all, or a set number) will be carried over to the following season.

** If the vast majority of managers agreed to it an entry fee would be required to play. The winner will collect a cash prize from these fees at the end of the Championship. The amount can be negotiated if enough managers are interested in this instead of the our standard free entry.

Please take the time to vote in the poll and reply with any comments, suggestions, etc. If you haven't played before and are interested, I keep a waiting list (first-come, first-serve) in case any managers from the previous season no longer wish to play and a spot becomes available.

Thanks.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Re: OT: 2020 RealGM 76ers Forum Fantasy BBall League 

Post#2 » by eyeatoma » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:53 pm

I'm in on a dynasty league if a spot is available! I'm also down with an entry fee of up to a $100.

My only thing would be given that I'm in Indonesia is that I'd appreciate the draft to be on Friday evening, Saturday morning, Sunday evening, or Sunday morning if possible. Times would definitely have to work if we're doing cash so we can all make the draft.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#3 » by PhilasFinest » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:58 am

im back

also voted for a fee but will do any..mainly to keep owners active
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#4 » by 76ciology » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:09 am

Your second placer is back
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#5 » by ankle420breaker » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:48 pm

I'm in (Go Back to Sea World). I'm ok with or without an entry fee.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
CinciSixersFan
Rookie
And1: 13

Post#6 » by CinciSixersFan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:58 am

I'm in again, Cinci Sixers. Dynasty and $ is fine for me

#TTP
Indiana Pacers
BE THE GM 5.0:
PG- D-Rose,Kendall Marshall,Beno Udrih
SG- Jimmy Butler,Kevin Martin,Jordan McCrae
SF- Jeff Green,Jared Dudley,Chris Copeland
PF- Jared Sullinger,Jason Thompson,Jeff Adrien
C- Marcin Gortat, Kendrick Perkins,Jeff Withey
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#7 » by phiphan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Back for more punishment (Embiid4Prez)
Cru Thik
Lead Assistant
And1: 188

Post#8 » by Cru Thik » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Checking in dynasty would be great. I said yes for money but not trying to break the bank or anything. Especially with it being on yahoo. One of my least favorite for fantasy sports.
2 Time RealGM 76ers Fantasy Basketball Champ
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#9 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi everyone!

Based on the voting (through the poll above and email communication) over the past two weeks, I've received the following ...

Managers in favor of changing league to Dynasty format: 6
Managers in favor of adding an entry fee: 7

So unfortunately I did not receive a vote from each manager and not enough votes to sway me into changing either, so I am going to keep this league this season to standard re-draft and free entry.

I will post updates this week on when we will schedule our live online draft, but typically it will be one of the two weekends leading up to the first week or regular season play.

Thanks.
Here Lies The Process
phiphan
Head Coach
And1: 2,331

Post#10 » by phiphan » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:21 pm

Just eliminate the non-responses and base it on the people who voted. I can see why you wouldn't want to add the fee without a majority (or more), but dynasty was unanimous, at least here. It would be much more fun as a dynasty.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#11 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Sep 4, 2019 2:39 pm

phiphan wrote:Just eliminate the non-responses and base it on the people who voted. I can see why you wouldn't want to add the fee without a majority (or more), but dynasty was unanimous, at least here. It would be much more fun as a dynasty.

You easily swayed me. I just hope people don't abandon their squads if they don't do well in Year 1, then it's finding new managers to take on already constructed rosters.

Either way we will give the dynasty a go. I feel like we generally bring back most of the managers anyway.

I am still waiting to hear back from two managers: AIR's Amazing Team and Wizrds of Westwood. They are usually hard to come in contact with, but always come back to play. I am still keeping a waiting list so feel free to let me know if you're new and interested in playing.
Here Lies The Process
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#12 » by eyeatoma » Wed Sep 4, 2019 5:57 pm

GoSixersBro wrote:
phiphan wrote:Just eliminate the non-responses and base it on the people who voted. I can see why you wouldn't want to add the fee without a majority (or more), but dynasty was unanimous, at least here. It would be much more fun as a dynasty.

You easily swayed me. I just hope people don't abandon their squads if they don't do well in Year 1, then it's finding new managers to take on already constructed rosters.

Either way we will give the dynasty a go. I feel like we generally bring back most of the managers anyway.

I am still waiting to hear back from two managers: AIR's Amazing Team and Wizrds of Westwood. They are usually hard to come in contact with, but always come back to play. I am still keeping a waiting list so feel free to let me know if you're new and interested in playing.
I'm still interested if there is a spot available. Thanks.

76ciology
RealGM

Post#13 » by 76ciology » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:33 am

So when do we start?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#14 » by GoSixersBro » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:39 am

76ciology wrote:So when do we start?

Tentative live draft will be Sunday, October 20 at 7:00 PM (EST).

I sent out a message on the Yahoo Fantasy App last week. If you did not see it, please read below:

Hi managers! If you haven’t been following the thread on RealGM, we are going to keep the league free entry, but will be beginning Year 1 of our first Dynasty (or Keepers) league.

I’m still working on finalizing the settings we will be using, but not much will change. Still the same 9 categories, head-to-head match-ups, 6 playoff teams, etc.

Draft will be online, randomized snake order.

Roster size will increase from 16 to 17 players (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,C,C,UTIL, BNx6, IRx2). More information will be provided along the way.

I have the draft set for Sunday 10/20 at 7:00 PM (EST). It’s the final Sunday before Tuesday’s first regular season games. Please let me know if this works for everyone sooner than later. Any more questions or concerns, let me know! Thanks!
- Chris (Floppers, GoSixersBro)
Here Lies The Process
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#15 » by eyeatoma » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:17 am

GoSixersBro wrote:

I sent out a message on the Yahoo Fantasy App last week. If you did not see it, please read below:

Hi managers! If you haven’t been following the thread on RealGM, we are going to keep the league free entry, but will be beginning Year 1 of our first Dynasty (or Keepers) league.

I’m still working on finalizing the settings we will be using, but not much will change. Still the same 9 categories, head-to-head match-ups, 6 playoff teams, etc.

Roster size will increase from 16 to 17 players (PG,SG,G,SF,PF,F,C,C,UTIL, BNx6, IRx2). More information will be provided along the way.

I have the draft set for Sunday 10/20 at 7:00 PM (EST). It’s the final Sunday before Tuesday’s first regular season games. Please let me know if this works for everyone sooner than later. Any more questions or concerns, let me know! Thanks!
Is there a spot available or is the league full?

GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#16 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:01 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
GoSixersBro wrote:

Is there a spot available or is the league full?

At this moment the league is full. I will keep you in mind if a spot opens.
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#17 » by GoSixersBro » Sat Oct 5, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi all!

Our online draft is almost two weeks away. As I mentioned on the Yahoo league message board, I will be randomizing the draft order one week prior to the draft, so next Sunday, October 13 and will post the results that night. That way everyone can strategize for how they will build their team.

Please remember this is drafting your squad for Year 1 of our new dynasty league, so you are not only drafting for this upcoming season, but for the future seasons as well.

Thanks!
Here Lies The Process
76ciology
RealGM

Post#18 » by 76ciology » Sat Oct 5, 2019 6:46 pm

Dont pick Thybulle, he’s reserved on my team.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#19 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:38 pm

So sorry guys! The draft order was supposed to be posted Sunday night, but this weekend I was tied up with a family wedding and other responsibilities.

The random drawing and order will be posted tonight! My apologies again.
Here Lies The Process
GoSixersBro
Head Coach

Post#20 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:03 am

The draft order is in! Please find below. As every year I've used Random.org to determine the draft order. It will be a snake draft per usual (so the team who picks last in the first round will pick first in the second round, etc.), but keep in mind this is Year 1 of our new dynasty league so you will be drafting for this season and beyond.

1. Floppers
2. Pippen Ain't Easy
3. Wizrd's of Westwood
4. Str8 Cash Homie
5. MotownPhilly
6. Go Back to Sea World
7. A Team Has No Name
8. AIR's Amazing Team
9. Dribble Hand Off
10. Cincinnati Sixers
11. Cru Thik
12. Embiid4Prez

Reminder our draft is this upcoming Sunday, October 20 at 7:00 PM (EST). I look forward to seeing you all there!
Here Lies The Process

Return to Philadelphia 76ers