Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#621 » by PaKii94 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:51 pm

DuckIII wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yet another contract that makes Zach’s deal look pretty good.

Yeah wow. The fact that it's flat is pretty nice
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#622 » by GimmeDat » Sun Sep 1, 2019 8:27 am

Felicio playing for Brazil right now, for those who care.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,626

Post#623 » by Dez » Sun Sep 1, 2019 11:42 am

GimmeDat wrote:Felicio playing for Brazil right now, for those who care.

Ended up with 4 points on 2/8 shooting, 13 boards (5 offensive, 8 defensive), 2 assists, 1 steal and 4 fouls in 21 minutes.

Not exactly flattering.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,049

Post#624 » by erlim » Sun Sep 1, 2019 11:45 am

Dez wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Felicio playing for Brazil right now, for those who care.

Ended up with 4 points on 2/8 shooting, 13 boards (5 offensive, 8 defensive), 2 assists, 1 steal and 4 fouls in 21 minutes.

Not exactly flattering.

At this point I would be happy if he could even provide some hard nosed rebounding, but I doubt it.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Post#625 » by PaKii94 » Sun Sep 1, 2019 1:14 pm

Sato's looking pretty good I think. A little over exerted but czechs need his volume
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#626 » by rtblues » Sun Sep 1, 2019 1:39 pm

Sato's got dem Bobby Portis eyes! ;-)
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
suursahuri
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#627 » by suursahuri » Sun Sep 1, 2019 1:49 pm

I like Sato's game. Just what we need, a veteran with great fundamentals.
rtblues
Lead Assistant

Post#628 » by rtblues » Sun Sep 1, 2019 2:09 pm

Win-Win!
USA wins and Sato looks very legit!
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#629 » by sco » Sun Sep 1, 2019 5:25 pm

rtblues wrote:Win-Win!

missed the game - can you give some Sato color?
:clap:
rtblues
Lead Assistant

Post#630 » by rtblues » Mon Sep 2, 2019 10:54 am

sco wrote:
rtblues wrote:Win-Win!

missed the game - can you give some Sato color?

NDave79
Sixth Man
And1: 1,348

Post#631 » by NDave79 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 8:22 pm

I'm not sure what to say about this except lol.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/02/wendell-carter-jr-vs-jaren-jackson-jr-vs-marvel-comics-block-panther-trademark/

Both have been using the nickname of “The Block Panther”. Wendell seems to have the better, earlier claim and after all, does turn up on court like this. Which is from where the nickname originated.

Read on Twitter

But JJJ it seems has taken this further and has registered a trademark for the name ‘The Block Panther’ under goods and services

Marvel has made the US government aware of their likelihood of challenging this trademark and have asked for three months additional time to put together a case, which has been granted.

IMO, this seems like a piece from the Onion and maybe it is just comically fake news, but I'm not familiar with this site. Either way, it's pretty cool to see Realgm and posters here get some publicity.

Maybe Keobull should talk to a copyright attorney, lol. I'm no attorney, but as far as I can tell he probably has the strongest case for owning the rights.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#632 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Sep 4, 2019 3:56 pm

Beal is available in trade talks, I can't see a path to the bulls, but I'm curious where he might end up if traded.
sco
RealGM

Post#633 » by sco » Wed Sep 4, 2019 5:37 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:Beal is available in trade talks, I can't see a path to the bulls, but I'm curious where he might end up if traded.

Beal is better than Zach. That said, I think Zach has more upside left to his game by way of efficient play and defense - not saying it's a given he realizes that potential. Moreover, short of adding filler type pieces like Dunn or Valentine in a deal, Beal isn't so much better that the additional pieces required wouldn't make us a worse team.

I'm not sure it would work for WAS, but maybe Knicks (who really need help) would do DSj, Knox and Randle for Beal.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#634 » by Ccwatercraft » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:23 pm

sco wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:Beal is available in trade talks, I can't see a path to the bulls, but I'm curious where he might end up if traded.

Beal is better than Zach. That said, I think Zach has more upside left to his game by way of efficient play and defense - not saying it's a given he realizes that potential. Moreover, short of adding filler type pieces like Dunn or Valentine in a deal, Beal isn't so much better that the additional pieces required wouldn't make us a worse team.

I'm not sure it would work for WAS, but maybe Knicks (who really need help) would do DSj, Knox and Randle for Beal.

and oops, looks like I misread the headline as well, wash "hasn't" made him available, my bad.

I'd still love him, we'd get the last very good piece that Washington owns.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#635 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:33 pm

Good to see Bulls IG showing Lauri Otto Lavine and Coby playing together. Dunn sighting too... although he’s shooting FTs... which he never does in games.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#636 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Sep 4, 2019 11:26 pm

ImSlower wrote:I can pile on Cousins, just as you can pile on the ex, because there is plenty of documented times we've seen his anger issues flare on court. He has battled rumors of aggressive behavior off-court for a long time. We have audio of him literally threatening to kill someone - I can't believe how much victim blaming is going on here because We Men and ignore the whole Threat of Murder part of the story like "well, he was justified."

Again, I bet she's an awful person also, hell she had a baby with DeMarcus Cousins, whom I've a low opinion of. But there's certainly a possibility you've discounted as impossible that Cousins really is a violent, frightening person to this woman, and she legitimately does not want someone like that in her son's raising. Healthy relationships don't result in taped conversations. I don't think this woman and DeMarcus were walking down the boardwalk with ice cream cones. She was recording him because he probably has said a ton of terrible stuff to her over their time, and she caught him in the act. I don't know anything about her to judge her behavior, but I do know that Cousins is an angry, angry dude who can't be threatening the murder of his son's mother.

V Stiviano recorded her conversations because that was a normal healthy relationship.
sco
RealGM

Post#637 » by sco » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:05 pm

https://www.nba.com/wizards/rui-hachimura-jba-wizards-statement-fiba-world-cup-2019

I reiterate...FIBA = "Facilitating Injuries to Basketball Athletes"
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#638 » by Indomitable » Sat Sep 7, 2019 3:31 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
ImSlower wrote:I can pile on Cousins, just as you can pile on the ex, because there is plenty of documented times we've seen his anger issues flare on court. He has battled rumors of aggressive behavior off-court for a long time. We have audio of him literally threatening to kill someone - I can't believe how much victim blaming is going on here because We Men and ignore the whole Threat of Murder part of the story like "well, he was justified."

Again, I bet she's an awful person also, hell she had a baby with DeMarcus Cousins, whom I've a low opinion of. But there's certainly a possibility you've discounted as impossible that Cousins really is a violent, frightening person to this woman, and she legitimately does not want someone like that in her son's raising. Healthy relationships don't result in taped conversations. I don't think this woman and DeMarcus were walking down the boardwalk with ice cream cones. She was recording him because he probably has said a ton of terrible stuff to her over their time, and she caught him in the act. I don't know anything about her to judge her behavior, but I do know that Cousins is an angry, angry dude who can't be threatening the murder of his son's mother.

V Stiviano recorded her conversations because that was a normal healthy relationship.

She played him and he is a fool. He was dumbenogh to impregnant her and dumb enough too threaten her. Cousin's made his on bed.
:banghead:
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#639 » by Dan Z » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:23 pm

NDave79 wrote:I'm not sure what to say about this except lol.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09/02/wendell-carter-jr-vs-jaren-jackson-jr-vs-marvel-comics-block-panther-trademark/

Both have been using the nickname of “The Block Panther”. Wendell seems to have the better, earlier claim and after all, does turn up on court like this. Which is from where the nickname originated.

Marvel has made the US government aware of their likelihood of challenging this trademark and have asked for three months additional time to put together a case, which has been granted.

IMO, this seems like a piece from the Onion and maybe it is just comically fake news, but I'm not familiar with this site. Either way, it's pretty cool to see Realgm and posters here get some publicity.

Maybe Keobull should talk to a copyright attorney, lol. I'm no attorney, but as far as I can tell he probably has the strongest case for owning the rights.

Bleeding Cool has been around for a long time and has broke stories before in the comic industry.

I had no idea that JJJ also called himself "The Block Panther".
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#640 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:31 am

Wow, I have nothing against jaren Jackson but I think it’s kind of embarrasing to highjack somebodies nickname like that.
Jj also reminds me a bit of joe smith kinda prospect. He kind of has this regular guy kind of vibe. His size being the main reason he is even in the league. Lol.

Return to Chicago Bulls