ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets(Update: ISO Joe to Detroit)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets 

Post#21 » by Prokorov » Wed Sep 4, 2019 3:42 pm

Melo is not a good player on EITHER end of the floor and is a potential locker room/ego issue.

HARD PASS.

give me joe
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Joe Jesus to workout for the Nets  

Post#22 » by Paradise » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:23 pm

The problem I’m seeing here is nobody is taking into consideration Melo is actually hungry to be back in the league, finish his legacy in NY strong. Now, while Joe wants to be back, he didn’t intend on dominating the Big 3 to become a commodity for NBA teams.

I’d take Joe over Melo as a Nets fan and all but for the current situation we’re in with Wilson Chandler and now Rodi. I’m not that sure Joe Johnson is the answer. I can atleast say the last time Melo helped a team win was ironically against the Nets last year.

Joe hasn’t contributed on a high NBA level since Gordon Hayward was still a member of the Jazz. He’s also 38 with the second most mileage in the last 15 years behind LeBron. Something to carefully consider because Melo has a little more legs left. It’s ultimately up to him mentally to buy in. I also do think he could definitely help us on the glass too against smaller teams like Boston.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#23 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 4, 2019 6:19 pm

Paradise wrote:The problem I’m seeing here is nobody is taking into consideration Melo is actually hungry to be back in the league, finish his legacy in NY strong. Now, while Joe wants to be back, he didn’t intend on dominating the Big 3 to become a commodity for NBA teams.

I’d take Joe over Melo as a Nets fan and all but for the current situation we’re in with Wilson Chandler and now Rodi. I’m not that sure Joe Johnson is the answer. I can atleast say the last time Melo helped a team win was ironically against the Nets last year.

Joe hasn’t contributed on a high NBA level since Gordon Hayward was still a member of the Jazz. He’s also 38 with the second most mileage in the last 15 years behind LeBron. Something to carefully consider because Melo has a little more legs left. It’s ultimately up to him mentally to buy in. I also do think he could definitely help us on the glass too against smaller teams like Boston.

If Melo wants to come in, do what Kenny asks of him, be a positive presence in the locker room...I have no problems. But I think there is very good reason to be skeptical of that happening.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
halfHAVOC
Assistant Coach
And1: 176

Post#24 » by halfHAVOC » Wed Sep 4, 2019 7:41 pm

I prefer Joe over Melo because he can come in and be a spot up shooter and get buckets down the stretch if anyone else is cold. Also pretty solid in the post. No issues to worry about with him, he'll come in and do his job and be drama free. Only thing with Melo is he might be more motivated to prove everyone wrong...but idk I have yet to see him accept the lesser role with ease.
Stream My New Basketball Anthem "KING": https://ampl.ink/7QwkY
NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#25 » by NetsJets » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:22 pm

I’ve asked this question before but when has Melo ever been a problem in the locker room? All of his former teammates has vouched for him being a great teammate and a hard worker. So where are people getting this from?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#26 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:34 pm

Paradise wrote:The problem I’m seeing here is nobody is taking into consideration Melo is actually hungry to be back in the league, finish his legacy in NY strong. Now, while Joe wants to be back, he didn’t intend on dominating the Big 3 to become a commodity for NBA teams.

it really doesnt matter how hungry carmello is. he cant defend and he really isnt good offensively any more either and at least joe wont be a lockeroom issue

too much stuf going on to add melo to the mix. joe is a positive presence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#27 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:35 pm

NetsJets wrote:I’ve asked this question before but when has Melo ever been a problem in the locker room? All of his former teammates has vouched for him being a great teammate and a hard worker. So where are people getting this from?

he refused a bench role. put the team above himself. did the same with Lin in NY. put himself above the team.

there is a reason his agens are "working furiously" to dispell the notion he is a cancer and saying he is a 4 time scapegoat
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#28 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:36 pm

the othe rproblem with melo (or joe) is that there is just so little upside. best case they are solid bench guys. i dont know that either is better then garrett temple at this point
NetsJets
Starter

Post#29 » by NetsJets » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:41 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:I’ve asked this question before but when has Melo ever been a problem in the locker room? All of his former teammates has vouched for him being a great teammate and a hard worker. So where are people getting this from?

he refused a bench role. put the team above himself. did the same with Lin in NY. put himself above the team.

there is a reason his agens are "working furiously" to dispell the notion he is a cancer and saying he is a 4 time scapegoat

That’s a lie he accepted a bench role in Houston. “Put the team above himself” that’s vague. What did he do to Lin?

He’s trying to change his image because of false narratives like the ones you’re posting in here which aren’t true.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#30 » by Prokorov » Thu Sep 5, 2019 6:06 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

That’s a lie he accepted a bench role in Houston. “Put the team above himself” that’s vague. What did he do to Lin?

He’s trying to change his image because of false narratives like the ones you’re posting in here which aren’t true.

[img][/img]

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1375878-carmelo-anthony-reportedly-jealous-of-linsanity-ran-jeremy-lin-out-of-new-york
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#31 » by MGrand15 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 9:26 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Word gets around the league. If these were just narratives made up by fans, he would've been signed by now. If he was truly professional in OKC and Houston, the rest of the league would know.

He himself said he struggled to accept a bench role in Houston but in the end, he accepted it. Good teams don't have time to fight with the 9th man on the team about whether he should be coming off the bench or not. No one wants to fight with the 3rd string PF about whether he should be carrying the offense or not.

Imagine Treveon Graham last year complaining about minutes? Or asking for more shots? We would've sent him packing before the next shootaround.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#32 » by NetsJets » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

[img][/img]

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1375878-carmelo-anthony-reportedly-jealous-of-linsanity-ran-jeremy-lin-out-of-new-york

That YouTube video proves what? And lol at Melo being “jealous” of a career backup point guard.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#33 » by NetsJets » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:56 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Word gets around the league. If these were just narratives made up by fans, he would've been signed by now. If he was truly professional in OKC and Houston, the rest of the league would know.

He himself said he struggled to accept a bench role in Houston but in the end, he accepted it. Good teams don't have time to fight with the 9th man on the team about whether he should be coming off the bench or not. No one wants to fight with the 3rd string PF about whether he should be carrying the offense or not.

Imagine Treveon Graham last year complaining about minutes? Or asking for more shots? We would've sent him packing before the next shootaround.

The narrative that he’s a bad teammate, guys like Chauncey, Kenyon KP etc has all vouched for him being a good teammate and hard worker, he’s never been a problem in any locker room and always carried himself with class. But lately it’s been this narrative that he’s this locker room cancer and bad team mate all that is unfounded.

Treveon Graham isn’t Melo though. Certain vets should get treated differently because of who they are and their accomplishments, you can’t expect to treat a future hall of famer like you would Treveon Graham. Look at Vince with the Hawks, they give him consistent minutes and a defined role it’s about respect.
Paradise

Post#34 » by Paradise » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:18 pm

MGrand15 wrote:
NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

This already happened with Kenneth Faried here.

You can make the same argument again and again but there’s no excuse for Dwight Howard to get a spot and he doesn’t. Granted, it’s the fact Howard is a former DPOY but his baggage and issues are alot more lengthy and it includes dishonesty, immaturity of sexuality, sex parties allegations, the stigma of having several baby mothers and lack of maturity overall at his age.

Melo’s name is hardly not attached to anything remotely as sketchy as Howard or even DeMarcus Cousins right now and he deserves the same background check that got Howard his non-guaranteed contract.

At his worst, he’s still better than Trevon Graham. Trevon tore his hamstring when he first signed here and ultimately entered the rotation due to RHJ being terrible offensively. It wasn’t like he did anything remotely special except scrapping for lose balls and rebounds. A mini PJ Tucker.

This board would have Rodions in Rikers Island if fans controlled the legal system with these stories.

At the end of the day, we still couldn’t beat the Rockets without Harden and WITH an old Melo. He dominated us. Period.

It would truly be virtually impossible for Melo to open his mouth to complain about his role after his crew is trying hard to get him signed and being signed to a team that employs KD, Kyrie, Jordan, his former Team USA buddies in Brooklyn with a greater chance at a championship next season? He might as well be homeless because nobody will respect him for ruining that.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#35 » by Prokorov » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:38 pm

Paradise wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
NetsJets wrote:That’s a lie he accepted a bench role in Houston. “Put the team above himself” that’s vague. What did he do to Lin?

This already happened with Kenneth Faried here.

You can make the same argument again and again but there’s no excuse for Dwight Howard to get a spot and he doesn’t. Granted, it’s the fact Howard is a former DPOY but his baggage and issues are alot more lengthy and it includes dishonesty, immaturity of sexuality, sex parties allegations, the stigma of having several baby mothers and lack of maturity overall at his age.

Melo’s name is hardly not attached to anything remotely as sketchy as Howard or even DeMarcus Cousins right now and he deserves the same background check that got Howard his non-guaranteed contract.

At his worst, he’s still better than Trevon Graham. Trevon tore his hamstring when he first signed here and ultimately entered the rotation due to RHJ being terrible offensively. It wasn’t like he did anything remotely special except scrapping for lose balls and rebounds. A mini PJ Tucker.

This board would have Rodions in Rikers Island if fans controlled the legal system with these stories.

At the end of the day, we still couldn’t beat the Rockets without Harden and WITH an old Melo. He dominated us. Period.

It would truly be virtually impossible for Melo to open his mouth to complain about his role after his crew is trying hard to get him signed and being signed to a team that employs KD, Kyrie, Jordan, his former Team USA buddies in Brooklyn with a greater chance at a championship next season? He might as well be homeless because nobody will respect him for ruining that.

Melo could easily be worse then graham. graham defended and was a good teammate.

melo could play 0 D and be a lockeroom cancer.

he also is no longer a good player. what he did vs us in a 1 game sample is super irrelvant. especially since we stink defensively
HotShots
Senior
And1: 9

Post#36 » by HotShots » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:45 am

No thanks!

Joe Johnson 38 yrs old
Last season numbers:
Houston 2017-2018 FG% 38% 3P% 28%
Utah 2017-2018 FG% 42% 3P% 27%

35 yr old Melo by far the better option.
Paradise

Post#37 » by Paradise » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:36 pm

D-Rose on Melo and Phil during his Knick days...Yikes.

[Phil Jackson] had talked, and with [Joakim Noah] and [Carmelo Anthony], I really thought we were going to do something.

But when it came to the basketball, I knew right away that we were s–t.

I played through it, 60-some games, but I could tell right away it wasn’t the season I was expecting. Lot of different priorities. Melo’s there. You know how he plays. Can’t change that. That’s what I realized being there.
And he’s a great dude; I loved being around Melo. He ain’t gonna rub you the wrong way. Great dude, great spirit, great person, great teammate.

I don’t say much, but Phil could tell. Phil was telling me to be patient. He said I had a lot going on with the trial and all. He was honest with me. Everything he talked to me about, he was honest, I’ll say that.

Our relationship was a little weird, though. He was cool the whole time I was there, but he wanted that $60 million he was owed by the Knicks.

As for me, I liked Phil, but, come on, man, you’re still running the triangle? He was still forcing them to run it. I’m a slasher, a driving point guard. The triangle is okay, but not for the personnel we had. Melo couldn’t play that way, didn’t want to.

With me leaving Chicago, I really was into the game, really wanted to do something. New York with Jo and Phil and Melo and leaving Chicago, it just sounded like it was going to be special. Getting back to winning. I had high expectations and I wanted to perform. I felt the spark. But we never had a flow on the offensive or defensive end. I felt like being there we never did the extra things to win the game, make the hustle play or the extra pass. We played numerous games where we’d hit a point where it just all fell apart. We had an alright start, playing around .500 ball into December, but you could tell it was getting worse. We knew it was only a matter of time.

Coming in, especially in the East, a team like that you know can compete, a team with that talent. They were trying to do it for Melo; he didn’t want to start over so they wanted to get the veterans for him. But he can’t play with a lot of guys, he’s gotta be the main guy. Supposed to be a top-five team. You should just fall into winning games with that much talent, but we were struggling to stay in it at halftime. It was frustrating, but at the same time all of it was out of our control. Jo and I used to talk about that all the time. Phil wanted us to play a certain way and we had to listen. What can you do?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#38 » by Prokorov » Mon Sep 9, 2019 12:13 pm

NetsJets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
NetsJets wrote:That’s a lie he accepted a bench role in Houston. “Put the team above himself” that’s vague. What did he do to Lin?

[img][/img]

That YouTube video proves what? And lol at Melo being “jealous” of a career backup point guard.

it proves he wasnt open to a bench role. from his own mouth.

and yeah its pretty insecure he was jealous of a career srub like lin... yet here we are
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#39 » by DarkXaero » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:51 pm

I would take Iggy over both of them, but unfortunately, even if he's bought out, I think he'll head to LA. But if it was possible, he'd be a perfect fit for us.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,850

Post#40 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:40 am

DarkXaero wrote:I would take Iggy over both of them, but unfortunately, even if he's bought out, I think he'll head to LA. But if it was possible, he'd be a perfect fit for us.

I would love for us to trade for Iggy or sign him off the street but I dunno. I don't think dude will want to come to NY, if I remember correctly he has been investing heavily in silicon valley.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets