Image ImageImage Image

FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: FIBA 2019 World Cup Bulls players Satoransky & Felicio performances 

Post#81 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:27 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:why? cuz she's a woman? what an odd post for the two of you to get so bent out of shape about; this is about as mundane a tweet as they come

Yea, that was a little harsh, but they are right about it being a stupid remark. Nobody is talking about Dunn vs. White as the camp duel for the starting PG spot. I think most Bulls fans and even non Bulls fans, know that Sato is the likely starter. Is that really her job though? I don't even know who that is. I thought she was just some girl making a comment.

We might not be talking about it here, but Dunn still has his fans that I've seen say that he will win the starting spot. At least fighting Coby for minutes.

Just know, rabid Bulls fans don't only post on realgm.

If they're really Bulls fans, they cannot possibly want Dunn to start on this team. It's the definition of insanity. You have to want the team to suck to want that. How many times does the baby have to touch the hot stove before they realize it's going to burn them? You have to want Lavine to fail and you have to want the Bulls to be terrible because that is all we've seen with those two sharing the back court. It's a disaster. Not to mention Lauri plays like crap with Dunn also. Dunn needs to be gone.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#82 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:31 pm

GameBredAPBT wrote:Again, “Rui” sucks. Go watch him play. Nothing he does is going to translate to the NBA. He dropped as far as he did in a meh draft for a reason.

I dunno if it’s his “unique” ethnic background (ZzzZz), as I know how completely obsessed Muricans get with “exotic” prospects (cringe!), or what, but I literally have absolutely no clue why anyone would be so high on him. Bulls dodged a bullet by not buying into the hype. Coby will be the best PG from this draft while “Rui” will be putting up empty stats in DC.

What are you even talking about? Rui was mocked by most everyone much lower than he was actually picked. He was picked just two spots after the Bulls took White. OK, he sucks. I would bet everything I own that he will be a better pro than White will. And I hate to have to say that because I am a Bulls fan.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#83 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:36 pm

yeah... this guy has no athleticism and sucks and Coby White is going to be the best PG from this draft. LOL. OMG, you cannot be serious. Ja Morant might be a generational talent when it's all said and done but White is is going to be better. White might even be the 2nd best PG in that draft but that isn't even saying much because that draft sucked ass for point guards outside of Ja.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#84 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:41 pm

I'll just say this... I really hope Coby White surprises the hell out of me because I'm a Bulls fan but I have to say, I'm not holding my breath. I am not overly impressed with anything I've seen from White so far. I don't think he's a very good shooter, I think his handle is way too high and loose and I think he plays out of control a lot. He's fairly tall, but he's not long has short arms and he had trouble getting past scrubs in the summer league. I just think he's going to really struggle with NBA talent. I hope not but I'm afraid that's my opinion of him right now. I even think the Bulls are going to struggle with him on the floor this season and he will cost us some wins.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#85 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:12 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Yea, that was a little harsh, but they are right about it being a stupid remark. Nobody is talking about Dunn vs. White as the camp duel for the starting PG spot. I think most Bulls fans and even non Bulls fans, know that Sato is the likely starter. Is that really her job though? I don't even know who that is. I thought she was just some girl making a comment.

We might not be talking about it here, but Dunn still has his fans that I've seen say that he will win the starting spot. At least fighting Coby for minutes.

Just know, rabid Bulls fans don't only post on realgm.

If they're really Bulls fans, they cannot possibly want Dunn to start on this team. It's the definition of insanity. You have to want the team to suck to want that. How many times does the baby have to touch the hot stove before they realize it's going to burn them? You have to want Lavine to fail and you have to want the Bulls to be terrible because that is all we've seen with those two sharing the back court. It's a disaster. Not to mention Lauri plays like crap with Dunn also. Dunn needs to be gone.

Nothing you said relevant to my point (nor do I disagree with you on any of what you said).

My point was other people are indeed talking about Dunn vs Coby so her tweet was not uninformed or a stupid remark as you guys have stated. That's it.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#86 » by erlim » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:24 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:

yeah... this guy has no athleticism and sucks and Coby White is going to be the best PG from this draft. LOL. OMG, you cannot be serious. Ja Morant might be a generational talent when it's all said and done but White is is going to be better. White might even be the 2nd best PG in that draft but that isn't even saying much because that draft sucked ass for point guards outside of Ja.

Holy ****, that’s the first time I’ve seen footage of Hachimura and he looks like a stronger, faster, much much more powerful Scottie Pippen with a turbo motor.
23-7
Veteran
And1: 466

Post#87 » by 23-7 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:38 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:

What's impressive about this video? Everytime he dribbles he looks down. His shot's slow. What position is he going to play not the 3. At the 4 he's not jumping over or powering over people and hes not quick. Why is he better than the morris twins?
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#88 » by TeamMan » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:41 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:I'll just say this... I really hope Coby White surprises the hell out of me because I'm a Bulls fan but I have to say, I'm not holding my breath. I am not overly impressed with anything I've seen from White so far. I don't think he's a very good shooter, I think his handle is way too high and loose and I think he plays out of control a lot. He's fairly tall, but he's not long has short arms and he had trouble getting past scrubs in the summer league. I just think he's going to really struggle with NBA talent. I hope not but I'm afraid that's my opinion of him right now. I even think the Bulls are going to struggle with him on the floor this season and he will cost us some wins.

Don't worry, a lot of people in the NBA have been watching Coby since HS, and they already know that he's going to be a star.

It's no accident that Adidas jumped on him with a shoe deal.

The good news is that the Bulls don't even need him to be a star.

They just need him to get the ball up the court, get it into the hands of our core 3, hit open shots and play good defense.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#89 » by bad knees » Thu Sep 5, 2019 9:03 pm

Saturday showdown: Sato and the Czechs play Felicio and the Brazils. Then on Monday, it's Sato v. Giannis. This is the reverse of the US team's schedule - they play Greece on Saturday and Brazil on Monday. (USA and the Czech Republic continue to be in the same group, but Japan and Turkey have been replaced by Brazil and Greece - USA and the Czechs do not play each other in this round - it's a weird tournament structure.) But should be fun.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,518

Post#90 » by dice » Thu Sep 5, 2019 9:12 pm

after flying overseas to be a sato groupie for a short time (good luck keeping that starting spot, kris), I hear that boylen is planning felicio's next birthday party

team first
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,125

Post#91 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Thu Sep 5, 2019 9:19 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:
Indomitable wrote:She is really bad at her job.

why? cuz she's a woman? what an odd post for the two of you to get so bent out of shape about; this is about as mundane a tweet as they come

i don't think most fans believe that. i don't believe it. i reckon most fans have never even heard of tomas satoransky. also the evidence we've seen would indicate that the starting spot is still dunn's to lose. the coach said himself that dunn is the starter.

sato might be the best PG on the roster and he might eventually start, but I wouldn't call him the "likely" starter.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,403

Post#92 » by Indomitable » Fri Sep 6, 2019 12:53 am

23-7 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

What's impressive about this video? Everytime he dribbles he looks down. His shot's slow. What position is he going to play not the 3. At the 4 he's not jumping over or powering over people and hes not quick. Why is he better than the morris twins?

Pretty much. He is a 6'8 power forward. He does not have great range.
:banghead:
NDave79
Sixth Man
And1: 1,348

Post#93 » by NDave79 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:06 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:What's everyone's quick take on Sato so far?

- Ball handling
- Shooting
- Defense

This has more to do with his NBA experience and play than a few FIBA games.

-Ball handling: decent.... nothing fancy, but doesn't cough up the ball much and doesn't make many mistakes. He's not going to be breaking any ankles out there, or dazzling the crowd much, but he's adequate in a multi-ball handler offense like the Bulls.

-Shooting: Excellent. We know he can shoot lights out from just about anywhere. He is a great 3 pt shooter although very low volume from deep. Good FT shooter although he rarely ever gets to the line. Good finisher at the rim.

-Defense: Above average defender. Not the best on ball defender, but a smart, heady team defender who is rarely out of position. I would call him a plus defender.

Overall, I think he's an excellent fit for this Bulls roster and I'm really looking forward to seeing him play with Zach and Otto. I really think he could be the x-factor, along with Otto to allow Lavine to take the next step. I sure hope he is. I'm hopeful that one of Zach's problems with impact has been that he's been saddled with Dunn for far too long. When Lavine played with Arci he was much better impact wise and when Porter showed up last season, he changed Zach into a net positive player for the first time in his career (in fact, the Bulls with Zach and Porter as a duo were +4.6 per 100 vs. -8.9 as a team- that is a huge +13.5 pts per 100 swing) and Lavine just played much better with Arci at the PG spot than Dunn. The Arci, Lavine and Porter floor trio was surprisingly good for the Bulls last season, which gives me a good feeling and hope for a Sato, Lavine, Porter trio. Sato is like a turbo Arci, with better size and can just do much more. Bulls were a full +6 pts per 100 better with Arci/Zach than they were with Dunn/Zach.

I basically agree with all this, but I wanted to add a couple opinions

- it seems like so far in his career he hasn’t been a great off the dribble shooter. He said this was going to be one of his main focuses is this off-season. I think if he could get this skill to a high level he might still have a lot of untapped potential.

- I think one of the greatest strengths in his game is having point guard skills while at the same time having great defensive switching skills. So I guess I think that is his greatest value on the defensive end and really valuable these days.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#94 » by sco » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:07 pm

https://www.nba.com/wizards/rui-hachimura-jba-wizards-statement-fiba-world-cup-2019

Facilitating Injuries to Basketball Athletes

Keep safe Tomas!
:clap:
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#95 » by Indomitable » Sat Sep 7, 2019 3:38 am

Tomas will really help this team. He plays like Pg version of Luol off the ball. He plays good team defense. He is aware of what his team is trying to do.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#96 » by Axolotl » Sat Sep 7, 2019 7:02 am

What I've liked most about Satoransky's game is how active and focused he has been. A high energy player often boosts the energy levels of everyone in the team.

He has adequate, functional handles, and is not looking to do more with the ball than he is capable of. Fair passing vision, with some very well timed passes on show. A fluid shooter, with a good feel for when to shoot and when to drive to the rim. Determined with his drives.

Defensively, he gets it. Not a lockdown guy, but knows what to do and where to be. Good energy.

It's been said Satoransky is something like a better, taller Arcidiacono, and that's what he has looked like to me too.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#97 » by Indomitable » Sat Sep 7, 2019 8:59 am

Tomas really makes nice passes.
DorO
Junior
And1: 201

Post#98 » by DorO » Sat Sep 7, 2019 9:02 am

Sato with spectacular assists against Brazil and he is active all over. Felicio has got some PT in 2nd quarter, some assists for him too as well as rebounds.

Sato will be great for Bulls with his defense and vision.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#99 » by Axolotl » Sat Sep 7, 2019 9:09 am

Satoransky with 9 pts, 6 assists towards the end of the 2nd. Very encouraging stat line.

Satoransky utlises one handed passes a lot, and utilises them well.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#100 » by Indomitable » Sat Sep 7, 2019 9:20 am

Axolotl wrote:Satoransky with 9 pts, 6 assists towards the end of the 2nd. Very encouraging stat line.

Satoransky utlises one handed passes a lot, and utilises them well.

He plays with good pace and has good vision.

Return to Chicago Bulls