ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the Offseason, Take 2

Moderators: Capn'O, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK, Thugger HBC, K-DOT, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, King of Canada

User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 94,371
And1: 52,744
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1081 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 4, 2019 10:48 pm

this motherf*cker back on his 3rd account lol
Image
User avatar
Stannis
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 10,462
And1: 3,241
Joined: Dec 05, 2011
Location: United States
         

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1082 » by Stannis » Wed Sep 4, 2019 10:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:This for the nets fans lurking here
Read on Twitter

Yes but Durant dropped 70 at Rucker Park and Irving looks good in those monochrome Brooklyn photos.
#Yang2020

R.I.P. magnumt :beer:
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 48,357
And1: 17,039
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1083 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Sep 4, 2019 11:50 pm

Oh yeah, it's **** the Nets all day. Believe that.

What Nets fans, the few there are, if there really is any,
Spoiler:
the mods are cool
since honestly there's only three I know of....and the ones who are creating dup accounts to actually make their fanbase look bigger by 5 dont understand well is........

This is the Knicks board and we can talk about ANY team on current news whenever the hell we want.......amongst us, and that's the way we prefer it.

We might "lurk" just to see how dead your board is. Y'all got a stickied thread that's seven years old that can't hit 100 pages. :rofl:

If you weren't so interested in what WE talk about maybe y'all could drive some traffic to your own board instead of making ours even more live for no reason, and believe me the Nets are NO REASON.

Image
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
User avatar
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
Posts: 15,497
And1: 3,964
Joined: May 05, 2004
Location: Not sure anymore.
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1084 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu Sep 5, 2019 1:15 am

Thugger HBC wrote:Oh yeah, it's **** the Nets all day. Believe that.

What Nets fans, the few there are, if there really is any,
Spoiler:
the mods are cool
since honestly there's only three I know of....and the ones who are creating dup accounts to actually make their fanbase look bigger by 5 dont understand well is........

This is the Knicks board and we can talk about ANY team on current news whenever the hell we want.......amongst us, and that's the way we prefer it.

We might "lurk" just to see how dead your board is. Y'all got a stickied thread that's seven years old that can't hit 100 pages. :rofl:

If you weren't so interested in what WE talk about maybe y'all could drive some traffic to your own board instead of making ours even more live for no reason, and believe me the Nets are NO REASON.

Image


Thugger had to come out and

Image
Sooooo..ummmm.....we tanking again or what?
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 51,111
And1: 38,050
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1085 » by Capn'O » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:09 am

Image
BAF Clippers
PG: SGA/Payton/Napier
SG: G. Harris/THT/Korkmaz
SF: Little/KCP/Dekker
PF: Isaac/M. Leonard/Vanderbilt/
C: Nurkic/M. Gasol/Holmes

RIP Mags :beer:
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 54,473
And1: 22,678
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1086 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:44 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Oh yeah, it's **** the Nets all day. Believe that.

What Nets fans, the few there are, if there really is any,
Spoiler:
the mods are cool
since honestly there's only three I know of....and the ones who are creating dup accounts to actually make their fanbase look bigger by 5 dont understand well is........

This is the Knicks board and we can talk about ANY team on current news whenever the hell we want.......amongst us, and that's the way we prefer it.

We might "lurk" just to see how dead your board is. Y'all got a stickied thread that's seven years old that can't hit 100 pages. :rofl:

If you weren't so interested in what WE talk about maybe y'all could drive some traffic to your own board instead of making ours even more live for no reason, and believe me the Nets are NO REASON.

Image


Thugger had to come out and

Image


That actually IS Thugger. No lie.
Image
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 33,558
And1: 24,788
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1087 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Sep 5, 2019 4:53 am

god shammgod wrote:this motherf*cker back on his 3rd account lol

Sir, with all due respect... :D
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 31,919
And1: 26,543
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1088 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Cavs Nation
Dennis Smith Jr/Dunn/Cook
Zach Lavine/Frank Jackson/Brown Jr
Jayson Tatum/Osman/O'Neale
Julius Randle/DFS/Bolden
Deandre Ayton/Bam

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 23,298
And1: 3,209
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1089 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:00 pm

Stannis wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This for the nets fans lurking here
Read on Twitter

Yes but Durant dropped 70 at Rucker Park and Irving looks good in those monochrome Brooklyn photos.



I don't get why people are so upset that those two picked BKN. We basically insulted Kyrie the entire time like he was the medicine we had to take to get KD, then KD got hurt. At that point, of course we are not getting them. Let's also be honest, Nets are on a 3-year window of competing, this year is likely a lost cause (probably low end playoff 1st round exit), so really 2 years to compete before Durant gets his back pack and moves to take over another town, maybe a country like Canada.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
shtolky
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,964
And1: 4,452
Joined: Apr 15, 2005

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1090 » by shtolky » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:13 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This for the nets fans lurking here
Read on Twitter

Yes but Durant dropped 70 at Rucker Park and Irving looks good in those monochrome Brooklyn photos.



I don't get why people are so upset that those two picked BKN. We basically insulted Kyrie the entire time like he was the medicine we had to take to get KD, then KD got hurt. At that point, of course we are not getting them. Let's also be honest, Nets are on a 3-year window of competing, this year is likely a lost cause (probably low end playoff 1st round exit), so really 2 years to compete before Durant gets his back pack and moves to take over another town, maybe a country like Canada.



It's actually more like two years overall because KD and Kyrie have an out in year 4. If this year is a wash, they have KD's 2nd and 3rd years to compete. They are gonna be a powerhouse if KD is healthy, but that obviously remains to be seen.
User avatar
stuporman
RealGM
Posts: 20,913
And1: 6,103
Joined: Nov 27, 2005
Location: SELL THE KNICKS!

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1091 » by stuporman » Thu Sep 5, 2019 4:57 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This for the nets fans lurking here
Read on Twitter

Yes but Durant dropped 70 at Rucker Park and Irving looks good in those monochrome Brooklyn photos.



I don't get why people are so upset that those two picked BKN. We basically insulted Kyrie the entire time like he was the medicine we had to take to get KD, then KD got hurt. At that point, of course we are not getting them. Let's also be honest, Nets are on a 3-year window of competing, this year is likely a lost cause (probably low end playoff 1st round exit), so really 2 years to compete before Durant gets his back pack and moves to take over another town, maybe a country like Canada.


Actual Knick fans aren't upset at all, as soon as KD blew out his achillies virtually all were ok with passing on the older injured and chemistry killing 'stars' to instead continue the organic rebuild..... it's the click bait hysterical media muppets that are driving the narrative that Knick fans are 'upset' and it's fools that believe them....don't be one of them. :lol:
Image?
User avatar
DaT WaVeY RiCaN
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,349
And1: 1,201
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Location: 860 CT
     

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1092 » by DaT WaVeY RiCaN » Thu Sep 5, 2019 5:10 pm

stuporman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Stannis wrote:Yes but Durant dropped 70 at Rucker Park and Irving looks good in those monochrome Brooklyn photos.



I don't get why people are so upset that those two picked BKN. We basically insulted Kyrie the entire time like he was the medicine we had to take to get KD, then KD got hurt. At that point, of course we are not getting them. Let's also be honest, Nets are on a 3-year window of competing, this year is likely a lost cause (probably low end playoff 1st round exit), so really 2 years to compete before Durant gets his back pack and moves to take over another town, maybe a country like Canada.


Actual Knick fans aren't upset at all, as soon as KD blew out his achillies virtually all were ok with passing on the older injured and chemistry killing 'stars' to instead continue the organic rebuild..... it's the click bait hysterical media muppets that are driving the narrative that Knick fans are 'upset' and it's fools that believe them....don't be one of them. :lol:

Also they use Stephen A Smith as the spokesperson for Knicks fans lol

Im surprised how much people fall for that nonsense. Hes clearly putting on a act lol
User avatar
Chanel Bomber
Starter
Posts: 2,325
And1: 3,213
Joined: Sep 20, 2018
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1093 » by Chanel Bomber » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:04 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Stannis wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This for the nets fans lurking here
Read on Twitter

Yes but Durant dropped 70 at Rucker Park and Irving looks good in those monochrome Brooklyn photos.



I don't get why people are so upset that those two picked BKN. We basically insulted Kyrie the entire time like he was the medicine we had to take to get KD, then KD got hurt. At that point, of course we are not getting them. Let's also be honest, Nets are on a 3-year window of competing, this year is likely a lost cause (probably low end playoff 1st round exit), so really 2 years to compete before Durant gets his back pack and moves to take over another town, maybe a country like Canada.

When KD predictably fails to lead the Nets anywhere (which is why I never wanted him to sign with the Knicks), and if the Knicks exceed expectations and become an exciting young and competitive squad within 2-3 years, he's gonna try and jump on the bandwagon and sign with us. Book it. And when that time comes...

Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,558
And1: 22,429
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1094 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:this motherf*cker back on his 3rd account lol


Sir, with all due respect, please spell their name with a "u" instead of an asterisk
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,558
And1: 22,429
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1095 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Sep 5, 2019 10:36 pm

To Sir with All Due Respect was one of my favorite Sidney Poitier movies
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 57,771
And1: 25,545
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1096 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 6, 2019 1:42 am

Clyde_Style wrote:To Sir with All Due Respect was one of my favorite Sidney Poitier movies
Aretha Franklin's song on that soundtrack is a classic
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,558
And1: 22,429
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1097 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:04 am

GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:To Sir with All Due Respect was one of my favorite Sidney Poitier movies
Aretha Franklin's song on that soundtrack is a classic


Actually, that was Lulu, a British singer



and I agree, one of the greatest pop songs of all time
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 57,771
And1: 25,545
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Location: Frankie N Baby
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1098 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:11 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:To Sir with All Due Respect was one of my favorite Sidney Poitier movies
Aretha Franklin's song on that soundtrack is a classic


Actually, that was Lulu, a British singer



and I agree, one of the greatest pop songs of all time


I was making a play on the "Respect" part of your joke :lol:

But yes, To Sir With Love is a great song. It's one of my father's favorites.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 34,558
And1: 22,429
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1099 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:13 am

GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:Aretha Franklin's song on that soundtrack is a classic


Actually, that was Lulu, a British singer



and I agree, one of the greatest pop songs of all time


I was making a play on the "Respect" part of your joke :lol:

But yes, To Sir With Love is a great song. It's one of my father's favorites.


Aha! OK, I was like .......

Image

Good one
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 54,473
And1: 22,678
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Around the Offseason, Take 2 

Post#1100 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:27 am

GONYK wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
GONYK wrote:Aretha Franklin's song on that soundtrack is a classic


Actually, that was Lulu, a British singer



and I agree, one of the greatest pop songs of all time


I was making a play on the "Respect" part of your joke :lol:

But yes, To Sir With Love is a great song. It's one of my father's favorites.


Yeah, mine too. :noway:

Saw the movie for the first in ages recently on Turner Classics Movies (or PBS) not too long ago. Smashing film, bloke.
Image

Return to New York Knicks