Find the Lakers a Guard Shot Creator/Maker

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Find the Lakers a Guard Shot Creator/Maker 

Post#61 » by Slava » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:21 am

If Clarkson is the solution, I don't even want to be solving that problem.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#62 » by nzahir » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:23 am

R-DAWG wrote:I think the Lakers go into the season with what they have. I could see bringing Rondo off the bench so they have a play maker on the court when Lebron rests, and starting Avery Bradley as a 3 and D PG.

On the trade front, I can see a Kuzma for one of Cleveland's young PG prospects making a ton of sense. I don't think the CLE backcourt fits long term, and in LA, I don't love the fit of Kuzma with James/Davis. Sure, it could work, but I think that LA is better shifting James between the 3/4 and Davis between the 4/5 depending on matchups. If your doing that, using Kuzma to upgrade elsewhere is a smart decision.

Then there is the buyout market. Names like Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry and Chris Paul could be available

Call me crazy, but I think Chris Paul agrees to give up the player option on his OKC deal ($44MM) as a buyout and signs with the Lakers with "an understanding" that he will be offered the full non taxpayer MLE for 3 years, recouping $35MM of the $44MM he gave up to force his way to the Lakers. And not for nothing, Lebron James has a production company in LA that can close that gap further.

44m?? Cp3 owed over 100M these 3 years

Any more ideas? Dj augustin an option?
Derrick white or buddy hield would be perfect. But I don’t think kuzma is enough

I wonder if a 3 teamer works where LAL sends Kuzma to one of those teams. Sends Green/kcp and filler to 3rd team for bad contract. 3rd team sends some value to spurs or Kings
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#63 » by Resistance » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:24 am

nzahir wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:I think the Lakers go into the season with what they have. I could see bringing Rondo off the bench so they have a play maker on the court when Lebron rests, and starting Avery Bradley as a 3 and D PG.

On the trade front, I can see a Kuzma for one of Cleveland's young PG prospects making a ton of sense. I don't think the CLE backcourt fits long term, and in LA, I don't love the fit of Kuzma with James/Davis. Sure, it could work, but I think that LA is better shifting James between the 3/4 and Davis between the 4/5 depending on matchups. If your doing that, using Kuzma to upgrade elsewhere is a smart decision.

Then there is the buyout market. Names like Goran Dragic, Kyle Lowry and Chris Paul could be available

Call me crazy, but I think Chris Paul agrees to give up the player option on his OKC deal ($44MM) as a buyout and signs with the Lakers with "an understanding" that he will be offered the full non taxpayer MLE for 3 years, recouping $35MM of the $44MM he gave up to force his way to the Lakers. And not for nothing, Lebron James has a production company in LA that can close that gap further.

Derrick white or buddy hield would be perfect. But I don’t think kuzma is enough

I wonder if a 3 teamer works where LAL sends Kuzma to one of those teams. Sends Green/kcp and filler to 3rd team for bad contract. 3rd team sends some value to spurs or Kings

The Kings and Spurs are in the same Conference as the Lakers and I have both teams as very reluctant participants in a trade to help the Lakers improve.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#64 » by nzahir » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:05 pm

Resistance wrote:
nzahir wrote:

The Kings and Spurs are in the same Conference as the Lakers and I have both teams as very reluctant participants in a trade to help the Lakers improve.

Also what I thought. I think Kings shouldn't touch Hield if they aren't getting back an all star back

Spurs though should really consider moving Murray or White though imo. The big advantage of a tall pg is that hes taller than other teams pg and can switch onto the 2. But here that advantage is gone since White is undersized to guard the 2 and and will likely guard the 1 or may have some trouble depending on match up.

They could use a 4 like Kuzma for now and the future
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#65 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:36 pm

JR Smith
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#66 » by Fo-Real » Sat Sep 7, 2019 5:33 pm

OJ Mayo :o
21 TD
Junior
And1: 131

Post#67 » by 21 TD » Sat Sep 7, 2019 9:53 pm

nzahir wrote:Spurs though should really consider moving Murray or White though imo. The big advantage of a tall pg is that hes taller than other teams pg and can switch onto the 2. But here that advantage is gone since White is undersized to guard the 2 and and will likely guard the 1 or may have some trouble depending on match up.

White can defend wings and even did a good job on some big wings. He's "only" 6'4'' 195 with a 6'8'' wingspan, but he looks and plays bigger than that.

Long term, if Murray, White and Walker more or less hit their respective ceilings, a decision will probably have to be made; but there's no need to rush.

Presuming they do, I'd lean towards Murray being the odd man out because White is the prototypical Spur and Walker is the only one who possesses go-to scoring ability and mindset.

Big wing is definitely a need, but they need one who can defend the best of those types and that's not Kuzma.

From the Lakers perspective, they need to add, not subtract a big wing, plus unless he's made a quantum leap, Murray isn't a good enough shooter to make sense.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#68 » by nzahir » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:45 pm

21 TD wrote:
nzahir wrote:Spurs though should really consider moving Murray or White though imo. The big advantage of a tall pg is that hes taller than other teams pg and can switch onto the 2. But here that advantage is gone since White is undersized to guard the 2 and and will likely guard the 1 or may have some trouble depending on match up.

White can defend wings and even did a good job on some big wings. He's "only" 6'4'' 195 with a 6'8'' wingspan, but he looks and plays bigger than that.

Long term, if Murray, White and Walker more or less hit their respective ceilings, a decision will probably have to be made; but there's no need to rush.

Presuming they do, I'd lean towards Murray being the odd man out because White is the prototypical Spur and Walker is the only one who possesses go-to scoring ability and mindset.

Big wing is definitely a need, but they need one who can defend the best of those types and that's not Kuzma.

From the Lakers perspective, they need to add, not subtract a big wing, plus unless he's made a quantum leap, Murray isn't a good enough shooter to make sense.

If anyone can teach someone to play some good defense, its Pop.

I think White would be a perfect fit on LAL. But not realistic
21 TD
Junior
And1: 131

Post#69 » by 21 TD » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:53 pm

nzahir wrote:If anyone can teach someone to play some good defense, its Pop.

I think White would be a perfect fit on LAL. But not realistic

Then how do you explain last season? The reality is, he's no different than any other coach, in that he's at the mercy of his personnel.

Don't buy into this media created narrative of him being a genius because they refuse to give the biggest 3 their just due, since they're not a bunch of clichés that they can sell to the masses.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#70 » by FutureKnicksGM » Mon Sep 9, 2019 12:28 am

Alonzo Trier for next available LA first.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#71 » by The Rebel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:42 am

Resistance wrote:
Coeur wrote:I don’t like any Malik Beasley Trades. Except for Beasley for a 2020 or 22 pick swap. Maybe it’s Beasley and monte Morris or hernangomez for the 20 and 22

Denver would be satisfied with first round pick swaps in 2020 and 2022 for Beasley and Morris? I thought that they would want more than that. What happens if New Orleans gets the 2022 first instead of the 2021 first?

There is no way that the Nuggets would do anything close to that deal for Beasley and Morris, in fact I don't think that comes close to what they would even ask for 1 of them. If either one gets traded it will be for a star that wants to come here.

Return to Trades and Transactions