ImageImageImage

Poll: Should DA be looking trade JB

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Should DA be looking trade JB

yes
37%
no
63%

Total votes: 76

OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Re: Poll: Should DA be looking trade JB 

Post#61 » by OldCeltics » Wed Sep 4, 2019 12:44 pm

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Can't see a trade out there to be had. Myles Turner interests me, but Indiana has more need for him than Brown so it wouldn't be anything for them. Nothing really makes any sense right now.

I think by Christmas the 'trade Jaylen' threads wil be replaced with 'extend Jaylen right now!!' threads. Kid is a baller..

I’d trade him for Jonathan Isaac, that’s it. I wouldn’t extend now. Do we want to keep open a scenario where Hayward opts out and Anthony Davis signs a max with us?

My current hope is that we deal Hayward to Miami for Winslow/Olynyk or to Orlando for Gordon/Fournier. Gordon and Winslow can play the 4, they’re junior Haywards in facilitating ability, and you open up new trade possibilities.

I think we have a shot at Myles Turner - he and Sabonis aren’t an ideal fit, I think Pritchard is bluffing about that, and about an extension for Sabonis, in hope it will pressure someone into making an offer. If we could send them Aaron Gordon, we end up with:

Kemba/Edwards/Wanamaker
Smart/Fournier/Langford
Brown/Ojeleye
Tatum/Grant
Turner/Kanter/Rob/Theis/Poirier

Fournier is a big salary chip you can either look to unload or package with Langford/Rob/MEM if another star becomes available..

This genuinely made me chuckle.

Do you think either side would have to add picks? We are talking about a former top 15 player in Hayward 2 years removed from injury.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,440

Post#62 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:55 pm

OldCeltics wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
I’d trade him for Jonathan Isaac, that’s it. I wouldn’t extend now. Do we want to keep open a scenario where Hayward opts out and Anthony Davis signs a max with us?

My current hope is that we deal Hayward to Miami for Winslow/Olynyk or to Orlando for Gordon/Fournier. Gordon and Winslow can play the 4, they’re junior Haywards in facilitating ability, and you open up new trade possibilities.

I think we have a shot at Myles Turner - he and Sabonis aren’t an ideal fit, I think Pritchard is bluffing about that, and about an extension for Sabonis, in hope it will pressure someone into making an offer. If we could send them Aaron Gordon, we end up with:

Kemba/Edwards/Wanamaker
Smart/Fournier/Langford
Brown/Ojeleye
Tatum/Grant
Turner/Kanter/Rob/Theis/Poirier

Fournier is a big salary chip you can either look to unload or package with Langford/Rob/MEM if another star becomes available..

This genuinely made me chuckle.

Do you think either side would have to add picks? We are talking about a former top 15 player in Hayward 2 years removed from injury.

Keywords: Former & Injury
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#63 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:53 am

I thought it was obvious and implied that those trades would only happen if Hayward were entirely healthy and back in top form..
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,849

Post#64 » by 24istheLAW » Thu Sep 5, 2019 2:22 pm

I definitely see the argument for trading Jaylen. I don't think he's ever going to mesh naturally with ball-dominant players. If you could get the right return then I'd go for it.

But its hard to see the Celts getting a good offer for him. Had his 2018 season been on-trajectory, I think he'd have real trade value. But he didn't carry his 2016-2017 improvement into 2018. So throw in his contract status and you're going to be looking at some pretty weak trade offers.

Myles Turner is a 2 way stud and a worthwhile trade target.... There's no way in hell the Celtics can get him with Jaylen. You're going to be looking at other young guys whose teams internally have decided aren't worth extending. Turner is closer to Tatum in trade value than Brown.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#65 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:07 pm

Watching USA-Japan highlights this morning, with Jaylen Brown’s “big game”, I did have a twinge of oh **** he’s just Jeff Green with a better motor.

It would be nice to see more flickers of his handle and attack.. more creativity in the paint and at the rim. He’s practicing it, but..
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#66 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:18 pm

Could you get SGA for him from the Thunder?
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#67 » by keevsnick1 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:33 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Watching USA-Japan highlights this morning, with Jaylen Brown’s “big game”, I did have a twinge of oh **** he’s just Jeff Green with a better motor.

It would be nice to see more flickers of his handle and attack.. more creativity in the paint and at the rim. He’s practicing it, but..

Not that I nessecarily agree with this assessment, but Jeff Green with a better motor is actually a pretty good player.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#68 » by keevsnick1 » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:36 pm

Not for nothing but questions like this are just impossible to answer. It always depends on what you are being offered. If Myles Tunrer was available then sure, I'd do it. If Sabonis was offered I'd want more than that. Its alos hard because you dont know whether last year was an aberration, how much better he'll be this year, how good Tatum/Hayward will be, and so many other factors.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#69 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Sep 5, 2019 9:10 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Watching USA-Japan highlights this morning, with Jaylen Brown’s “big game”, I did have a twinge of oh **** he’s just Jeff Green with a better motor.

Not that I nessecarily agree with this assessment, but Jeff Green with a better motor is actually a pretty good player.

I don’t know if I agree with it, either. But his 20 points this morning were almost all Jeff Green style scores. He had one nice jump into a passing lane, and a quick drive with his head up where he read the defense and passed the ball out. But he still has those moments where he hesitates for a half second like he’s trying to decide on a move and then doesn’t make one. Don’t know if it’s skill, confidence, both, or just a mental hitch.
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,728

Post#70 » by OldCeltics » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:31 am

If Jaylen Brown was given minutes and touches he could average 20+ ppg with good efficiency.

He's a strong defender and always steps up his scoring in playoffs every year.

Those who want to trade Brown are simply wrong. He's only 22yo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#71 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:45 am

OldCeltics wrote:If Jaylen Brown was given minutes and touches he could average 20+ ppg with good efficiency.

He's a strong defender and always steps up his scoring in playoffs every year.

Those who want to trade Brown are simply wrong...

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

I think he average 18 on >.450 from the field.

With that being said, I kinda trust Danny the most with trades and extensions. I feel like there have been very few times where he's screwed up, so whatever he does I'll go with it.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#72 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Sep 7, 2019 4:09 am

No one likes the Jaylen for Shai trade? You reset the contract clock by a couple of years, you get an understudy for Kemba and Marcus, who can play next to either, you open up minutes at the 2/3 for Langford, Tatum, and Hayward..

Kemba/SGA/Wanamaker/Edwards
Smart/(SGA)/(Tatum)/Langford
Hayward/Ojeleye
Tatum/Grant/Theis
Kanter/Rob/Poirier

Return to Boston Celtics