Image ImageImage Image

Derrick Rose "I am a Hall of Famer. Not in everyone's eyes but to the people I grew up with. I made it."

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Derrick Rose "I am a Hall of Famer. Not in everyone's eyes but to the people I grew up with. I made it."  

Post#1 » by StunnerKO » Fri Sep 6, 2019 10:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Re: Derrick Rose 

Post#2 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri Sep 6, 2019 10:49 pm

My guy. Always be my guy. He is right. Maybe not first ballot but he will make it. And get jersey retired with Bulls when his career ends.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#3 » by HomoSapien » Fri Sep 6, 2019 10:56 pm

I think that’s a pretty fair attitude. If you’re satisfied and the people whose opinions’s you actually value are satisfied then the hell with every one else.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#4 » by GimmeDat » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:53 am

Sometimes I find especially US fans may take for granted how elite just making the league is. Watch the FIBA WC this month, there's heaps of extraordinary basketball players that have never cracked the league but even they are still at the pinnacle of their craft. It isn't, an doesn't have to, suggest resting on your laurels, but to simply make the NBA is a success story and is something to be celebrated and admired. Ten fold more so when you come from a tough background like Derrick did. He absolutely should feel happy at the end of the day that he made it out, and especially that he's now in a position to give back to the community as he has been doing. And of course he did far more than 'just made it', the guy won an MVP!

Objectively, based on his career, Derrick's accomplishments don't stack up with those that we associate with the HOF - that much is obvious. We all know Rose was robbed of his peak. But the reason there is even HOF discussions and his game is still brought up so much is because he has a really strong, dedicated following. In many circles he is an NBA cult hero.

But it's worth noting that there's also a lot of pack mentality when it comes to this stuff - it's all generally positive now regarding people respecting his game when you look online, but for years it was just non-stop injury jokes and people making fun of him for never being healthy. Glad things finally came back around.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#5 » by sco » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:04 am

Derrick Rose...the promise unkept.
:clap:
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 740

Post#6 » by Hold That » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:14 am

Chicago favorite basketball son
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,158

Post#7 » by League Circles » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:39 am

Have any MVP winners not made it?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#8 » by dice » Sat Sep 7, 2019 5:18 am

League Circles wrote:Have any MVP winners not made it?

all have made it. only 3 FINALS mvps have not made it. cedric maxwell no longer has a chance, billups and iguodala might (and probably should)
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#9 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sat Sep 7, 2019 5:48 am

Will be the first not to make it
OnePointSeven
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#10 » by OnePointSeven » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:29 pm

sco wrote:Derrick Rose...the promise unkept.

You just wrote the exact opposite of what he just said in that interview... He probably kept all the promises he made (and so much more) to his close ones.

It's definitly a huge burden for a young kid to succeed (with all the attention, temptations, etc.)

I will always remember what a joy and pride it was to follow and support the team during his first four seasons.

He deserves the HOF. And his career isn't over yet.
sco
RealGM

Post#11 » by sco » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:35 pm

OnePointSeven wrote:
sco wrote:Derrick Rose...the promise unkept.

You just wrote the exact opposite of what he just said in that interview... He probably kept all the promises he made (and so much more) to his close ones.

It's definitly a huge burden for a young kid to succeed (with all the attention, temptations, etc.)

I will always remember what a joy and pride it was to follow and support the team during his first four seasons.

He deserves the HOF. And his career isn't over yet.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/double%20entendre
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#12 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:53 pm

dice wrote:

all have made it. only 3 FINALS mvps have not made it. cedric maxwell no longer has a chance, billups and iguodala might (and probably should)

Iguodala only made the all star team once, and was definitely the 4th or 5th best player on the championship teams he was apart of (and probably only critical to one of the titles).

Billups was a five time all-star whom was arguably the best player on his single championship team but also arguably the forth best player.

I'd say both are border line cases, especially since most of Billups all-star selections were largely influenced by how good his team was and not necessarily how good his individual play was.

Then I remember that if you were a good but not great college coach from the 60s you're probably in the hall of fame because why wouldn't the hall of fame have like 50% college coaches who are basically nobodies and then I think that yeah, both should get in.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
sco
RealGM

Post#13 » by sco » Sat Sep 7, 2019 1:03 pm

dougthonus wrote:
dice wrote:

Iguodala only made the all star team once, and was definitely the 4th or 5th best player on the championship teams he was apart of (and probably only critical to one of the titles).

Billups was a five time all-star whom was arguably the best player on his single championship team but also arguably the forth best player.

I'd say both are border line cases, especially since most of Billups all-star selections were largely influenced by how good his team was and not necessarily how good his individual play was.

Then I remember that if you were a good but not great college coach from the 60s you're probably in the hall of fame because wouldn't the hall of fame have like 50% college coaches who are basically nobodies and think that yeah, both should get in.

I think the fact that Rose won MVP so early in career and then got injured and played the bulk of his career on losing teams as an average NBA player will keep him out.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#14 » by TeamMan » Sat Sep 7, 2019 8:07 pm

Never saw another player do all of the things that he could do.

Because of his talent the team leaned on him too hard to provide the offense.

If he'd had an even decent SG during his early years then it would have been a different situation.

I still hate that Thabo was traded to the Thunder in Rose's 1st year. He was the player that Brewer was supposed to be, but Brewer had the big contract and the reputation. Thibs didn't want to play Brewer though because he didn't really fit with Rose.

IMO Westbrook benefited from having Thabo starting next to him early in his career. That could have been Rose instead.
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#15 » by erlim » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:20 pm

I just flew into LA from London to see my parents and some old friends and I got to meet DRose. What a great fella.

Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#16 » by Bandit King » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:23 am

Derrick rose get a damn haircut and play with a real nba team again.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#17 » by Bandit King » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:29 am

Derrick rose professional journeyman and not deserving to be in the hall of fame.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
dice
RealGM

Post#18 » by dice » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:04 am

TeamMan wrote:Never saw another player do all of the things that he could do.

Because of his talent the team leaned on him too hard to provide the offense.

If he'd had an even decent SG during his early years then it would have been a different situation.

I still hate that Thabo was traded to the Thunder in Rose's 1st year. He was the player that Brewer was supposed to be, but Brewer had the big contract and the reputation. Thibs didn't want to play Brewer though because he didn't really fit with Rose.

IMO Westbrook benefited from having Thabo starting next to him early in his career. That could have been Rose instead.

bogans was a better shooter than thabo. hinrich was better than both of them. and would have started next to derrick had we not dumped him (rightly) to take a shot at lebron/wade/bosh

brewer didn't have a big contract either. he got 2 years/9.5 mil and the team declined his 3rd year option. meanwhile thabo was playing under a 5 year/17 mil deal with the thunder. brewer wishes now that he'd have had thabo's deal
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#19 » by dice » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:24 am

dougthonus wrote:
dice wrote:

Then I remember that if you were a good but not great college coach from the 60s you're probably in the hall of fame because why wouldn't the hall of fame have like 50% college coaches who are basically nobodies and then I think that yeah, both should get in.

iguodala has been a significantly better player than dennis johnson was, for example. another guy who was not close to the best player on a few title teams. iggy is better as a defender, arguably a more effective scorer and at least as good a passer as a wing!
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#20 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:36 am

dice wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
dice wrote:all have made it. only 3 FINALS mvps have not made it. cedric maxwell no longer has a chance, billups and iguodala might (and probably should)

iguodala has been a significantly better player than dennis johnson was, for example. another guy who was not close to the best player on a few title teams. iggy is better as a defender, arguably a more effective scorer and at least as good a passer as a wing!

No, he really hasn't.

DJ was a 5x allstar, 9x all defense teams, and 2 all nba teams and also has a finals mvp vs Iggy finals mvp, 1 allstar, and 2 all defense teams.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops

Return to Chicago Bulls