Image ImageImage Image

Antonio Blakeney released

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,133

Re: Antonio Blakeney released 

Post#21 » by HomoSapien » Sat Sep 7, 2019 10:42 pm

The talent was there, the brain wasn't.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,622

Post#22 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:22 pm

Given his age and the fact that he was a near 40% three point shooter, I would have liked to see him get one more chance to see if they could get him to reign in his shot attempts and focus on just hitting 3s as an option. I still think Blakeney has a chance to find a role in the league give today's game.

Not surprised he's gone, and maybe the Bulls need an extra defender more than an extra shooter this year making Shaq a better choice, especially as a hedge against a likely Dunn trade at the deadline.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#23 » by Dez » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:26 pm

This makes me so happy.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#24 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:35 pm

dougthonus wrote:Given his age and the fact that he was a near 40% three point shooter, I would have liked to see him get one more chance to see if they could get him to reign in his shot attempts and focus on just hitting 3s as an option. I still think Blakeney has a chance to find a role in the league give today's game.

Not surprised he's gone, and maybe the Bulls need an extra defender more than an extra shooter this year making Shaq a better choice, especially as a hedge against a likely Dunn trade at the deadline.

Guy was on mission to do anything other than be NBA player. I mean we tanked, we lacked legit guard play for years and guy couldnt get on the floor and produce in any role other than being a chucker.

It's actually sad to be that talented at sport and being so dumb in same time in head not to take advantage of God's given gift you have. You said near 40% 3pt shooter, I say not passing ball at all (he actually might be worst one in NBA history) and shooting long mid-range low efficiency shots.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#25 » by Hangtime84 » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:46 pm

rtblues wrote:Hooray!
Felicio, you're next.

doubt it Blackholey screwed himself
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#26 » by SHO'NUFF » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:55 pm

Porb my least favorite Bull on the roster. At least Felicio knows his role as a 15th man. Don't see Blakeney having a long NBA career at all....unless he looks in the mirror & figures out a way to fit in.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,430

Post#27 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:16 am

Is it possible they would bring him back on a 2-way deal?
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#28 » by AKfanatic » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:40 am

Blakeney’s lack of improvement as a passer was really disappointing. Two years ago I thought the Bulls really messed up the way they used him in Summer league and in the G league. With a guy like Blakeney, they should’ve told him “look Antonio, we know you can shoot, we know you can get in the lane and score...we want you to use these games to develop as a passer. Get in the paint, kick the ball out or dump it off to other guys. Don’t worry about turnovers, these games mean nothing, it’s all about your development as a player”....

His lack of improvement isn’t all on the Bulls though. In the end, blakeney is the one responsible for his own development as a player and seemingly lacks the BBIQ to grasp the parts of the game he’s lacking.

Can’t say I’ll miss him, I was wanting him gone all last season. He didn’t fit this team and drove me nuts as a player.

He’ll get another shot with a team like the Thunder that’s early in rebuild, but if he can’t improve, he’s Beijing bound.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,144

Post#29 » by Bandit King » Sun Sep 8, 2019 1:27 am

China says hi
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#30 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:12 am

rtblues wrote:Hooray!
Felicio, you're next.

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#31 » by GimmeDat » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:51 am

Certainly had tools, but in 2 years I wasn't really seeing progress in his overall game or feel to justify having him on the roster. He was worth a shot but glad we moved on from him.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#32 » by Ccwatercraft » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:17 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:Is it possible they would bring him back on a 2-way deal?

I hope not there's got to be at least one other viable option out there.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#33 » by Axolotl » Sun Sep 8, 2019 5:38 am

Blakeney was tried, tested and found wanting.

I can't blame the Bulls for giving him a shot, but as he didn't progress at all, time to move on.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#34 » by Red8911 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 5:47 am

Blakeney had potential with his scoring ability to become an off the bench scorer but the guy isn’t very smart. Very low IQ and didn’t improve his game at all last season.

This was an obvious move since Boylen was barely giving him minutes even with G leaguers playing at the end of the season. The only reason why it probably took this long was they were definitely looking to include him in a trade. Maybe he ll get another chance but eventually I see him going overseas.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#35 » by MrSparkle » Sun Sep 8, 2019 5:53 am

Was worth the gamble 2 years ago but we've seen enough. Zero bball IQ.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,727

Post#36 » by Jeffster81 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:04 am

Bandit King wrote:China says hi

He would killed it in the BIG3 League.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#37 » by AKfanatic » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:43 am

Bandit King wrote:China says 你好 (Nǐ hǎo)
2018C3
Pro Prospect
And1: 539

Post#38 » by 2018C3 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:45 am

This one does not hurt. He did not have much of a role on this team going forward. If it was between hin and Shaquille Harrison, I think Harrison's defensive skills beter compliment this team as constructed.

Hopefully Blakeney is able to continue his dream with a team that more needs his skillset.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#39 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 6:49 am

dougthonus wrote:Given his age and the fact that he was a near 40% three point shooter, I would have liked to see him get one more chance to see if they could get him to reign in his shot attempts and focus on just hitting 3s as an option. I still think Blakeney has a chance to find a role in the league give today's game.

He can be easily brought back down the road. If need be. Looking at how were dead set on letting val go or a trade with Dunn which I still don't understand. There mind is on 2021. Clearing space. But the real answer is will they even get anyone better then val or Dunn that summer. Just because you have cap space it doesn't mean nothing. Look at the Knicks. Blakeney is a great offensive player. Instant offense. But I feel he never got the chance. He would've grown out of that brainless playing style. He's young
OnePointSeven
Sophomore
And1: 60

Post#40 » by OnePointSeven » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:26 am

Good news.

To me he was the face of that tanking bench we had to put on the floor for two straight years.

Now hopefully some teams needs a back-up PG before the season starts.

Return to Chicago Bulls