ImageImage

GT: USA v. Greece @ 7:30am Sat morning (Bros v. Brook and Khris)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Re: GT: USA v. Greece @ 7:30am Sat morning (Bros v. Brook and Khris) 

Post#81 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:48 am

truly wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:It feels to me like Team USA is holding something back for the last couple of games that will determine the medals. They are easily the most athletic team in the tournament, all they have to do is use it to their advantage and play faster and harder at both ends. I don't think anybody can keep up if Team USA decides to pretend it's an NBA game 7.

I think they have trouble against zone defenses and i would easily bet on Serbia winning in a match between them.Maybe they can improve before they face each other though :dontknow:

I don't know, they moved the ball nicely and eventually broke down Greece's zone D. Pop has come prepared, this not George Karl.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#82 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 8, 2019 2:52 am

stellation wrote:Lithuania seem to take losses gracefully.

They are right though. I like it when they say it as it is, it makes press conferences meaningful.
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#83 » by Pachinko_ » Sun Sep 8, 2019 3:08 am

Thank God for my English speaking Balkan brothers on realgm, this is too funny and we've been missing out because of the language barrier :lol:
Nah, we'll just take more Serbians. That's what we do. We take Serbians and make them better.

Man, i love bantering Serbs. You better win this free tournament or else there's more coming from me if you get bent over by Joe Harris and them :D

Why does a Serb go to Slovenia? To find a job.
And why does a Slovenian go to Serbia? To find his father.

Enough said.

Also three cheers for the Lietuva coach yelling "THIS IS FKN JOKE" in the press conference
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#84 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:43 am

Please open the other threads back up, sucks spoilers for other games had to happen in here.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#85 » by stellation » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:00 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Please open the other threads back up, sucks spoilers for other games had to happen in here.

Sorry if that was me, dude.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#86 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Sep 9, 2019 5:28 am

Khris was abysmal in the exhibition games, has mostly been solid-good in the tournament and obviously laid an egg vs Greece. FIBA Khris is inconsistent (“haters” might say “undependable”) the same as NBA Khris.

I keep seeing Kenneth Faried’s name bandied about as some type of unassailable proof that these games mean nothing in relation to career success. Faried was a near double double guy before and after the tournament. He filled into a specific role and was able to physically dominate and out motor less athletic FIBA front courts. His weaknesses weren’t as magnified in 2014 FIBA OR NBA basketball. Middleton’s athleticism is much closer to the FIBA competition he’s facing than young Kenneth Faried. Apples to oranges comp. It’s almost like there’s a lot of grey area and nuance in the relationship between FIBA production and NBA success.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks