ImageImageImageImageImage

Enes Kanter interview with Howard Beck

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Enes Kanter interview with Howard Beck 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:04 am

#KnicksWorldLMAO

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/boston-celtics-center-enes-kanter/id1225356682?i=1000449080344

I a nutshell, Kanter claims to have spoken with many players around the league and - despite the fact that Kanter said he loved his time in NYC - the reason why big name players are skittish about coming is because of ...

Spoiler:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-enes-kanter-team-ownership-20190909-4q7sh6hcorf2bp3ifnmlpxadee-story.html

Enes Kanter says free agents are scared of Knicks because of ownership

By STEFAN BONDY
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
SEP 09, 2019 | 1:20 PM

Despite all that New York has to offer in money and spotlight, the Knicks’ chase for superstar free agents has been defined by rejection.

According to Enes Kanter, who discussed this topic with his peers, there’s a specific reason for the failures: James Dolan.

“Not many people know that, but players talk. From different teams, they talk,” Kanter said on the Full 48 podcast with Bleacher Report’s Howard Beck. “I’m not blaming anybody. I had an amazing time with the Knicks. But other teammates I talked to or if they’re on different teams, they always said, ‘Amazing city, MSG is amazing. Everything is so good. But the ownership.’ They always keep saying, ‘But the ownership.’”

-more-
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Re: Enes Kanter interview with Howard Beck 

Post#2 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:06 am

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#3 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:08 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Image

No. More like "F*ck Us."
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#4 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:13 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

No. More like "F*ck Us."

Nah. It's annoying that this dude can't stop talking about us. Like nobody cares.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#5 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:17 am

Come get your mans Wingo :lol:
Read on Twitter
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#6 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:22 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

No. More like "F*ck Us."

Nah. It's annoying that this dude can't stop talking about us. Like nobody cares.

POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#7 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 am

3toheadmelo wrote:Come get your mans Wingo :lol:
Read on Twitter

:rofl2:

LOL, that's so cool.

Nah, I bleed blue and orange. But I did sell my Kanter avi to the highest bidder on the Celtics forum. :lol:
POSTING POLICIES:
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,850

Post#8 » by robillionaire » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:17 am

Imagine if he put the same effort that he does into social media and trolling the Knicks and trying to be a wrestler and parlayed all that time into practicing defense or guarding the pick and roll.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:21 am

robillionaire wrote:Imagine if he put the same effort that he does into social media and trolling the Knicks and trying to be a wrestler and parlayed all that time into practicing defense or guarding the pick and roll.

He was just reporting what other players have said. They all talk about this stuff amongst themselves. I’m glad he came out and said it. Maybe it’s another nail in Dolan’s coffin which will lead him to sell the team.

If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t have said anything. He did us a favor.
POSTING POLICIES:
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,754

Post#10 » by YouthMovement » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:00 am

He’s bostons problem now
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,060

Post#11 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Imagine if he put the same effort that he does into social media and trolling the Knicks and trying to be a wrestler and parlayed all that time into practicing defense or guarding the pick and roll.

He was just reporting what other players have said. They all talk about this stuff amongst themselves. I’m glad he came out and said it. Maybe it’s another nail in Dolan’s coffin which will lead him to sell the team.

This is the worst possible time for Dolan to sell. We have a competent (or at least rational) FO that’s finally trying to rebuild through the draft and Dolan is not meddling, in fact he seems supportive of that rebuild and we know when the time comes he will be willing to spend dollars. I can live with the occasional embarrassing Dolan appearance in the news if we keep going in that direction. He seems to have learned from his mistakes basketball-wise.

Whoever buys the Knicks will have a huge ego and will try to impose his/her own ignorant vision and will be impatient to compete instantly and to show the world who’s the alpha in this thing. We don’t need another meddling owner ruining what could be a good thing, like what we saw in Houston this summer.

Free agents wouldn’t give a damn about Dolan if we had a winning product. The only reason they didn’t come here (with the exception of Amar’e) is because Miami in 2010 and Brooklyn in 2019 had just made the playoffs while we sucked.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,564

Post#12 » by Fat Kat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:01 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

The max target, Durant denied that Dolan was a factor. What other players could he be referring to? You think he had a heart to heart with Kawhi?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,164

Post#13 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:27 am

Well we havent put out a respectable team for over 5 years so of course the ownership gonna get blamed when you keep hiring the wrong people.

Why is this even a thread? Lol Perry and Fiz need to actually prove they can produce a solid basketball team then MAYBE stars will consider but until then nobody gonna wanna play for a tanking team.

If we are already established and producing a winning basketball team then players wont be as skittish as they would be to turn a whole franchise around and be the savior of NY. Thats alot to ask for from a player.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,776

Post#14 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:08 pm

I'd settle him for him faking it on defense like he does on social media and wrestling
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,776

Post#15 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:10 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Well we havent put out a respectable team for over 5 years so of course the ownership gonna get blamed when you keep hiring the wrong people.

Why is this even a thread? Lol Perry and Fiz need to actually prove they can produce a solid basketball team then MAYBE stars will consider but until then nobody gonna wanna play for a tanking team.

If we are already established and producing a winning basketball team then players wont be as skittish as they would be to turn a whole franchise around and be the savior of NY. Thats alot to ask for from a player.

The jury is still out on them. Heck, the jury is out on them if they are capable of hiring a good coach and developmental team.

Scouting seems good so far.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#16 » by Blockwatcher » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:12 pm

He looked better in the ring then he did on defense. And he looked like utter garbage in the ring.
1 John 2 : 15-17
SWYM
Senior
And1: 828

Post#17 » by SWYM » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Stars don't come to Knicks because of Dolan...

And on Channel 4, there's breaking news...

Water is wet
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,654

Post#18 » by shtolky » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Ok Enes...earlier this year:

New York Knicks center Enes Kanter claims to know which free agent All-Star will be signing with the team this summer.

In an exclusive interview with Sports Illustrated's SI Now, Kanter said he has inside information regarding who the Knicks will be adding to the roster in July, but that he couldn't give away any of that information.

"I actually do have an idea [of who will sign], but I cannot really tell," Kanter said. "It's a secret, but it's going to blow people's minds when he signs. I can't give no hint because I'll get burned big time."
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,850

Post#19 » by robillionaire » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 pm

shtolky wrote:Ok Enes...earlier this year:

New York Knicks center Enes Kanter claims to know which free agent All-Star will be signing with the team this summer.

In an exclusive interview with Sports Illustrated's SI Now, Kanter said he has inside information regarding who the Knicks will be adding to the roster in July, but that he couldn't give away any of that information.

"I actually do have an idea [of who will sign], but I cannot really tell," Kanter said. "It's a secret, but it's going to blow people's minds when he signs. I can't give no hint because I'll get burned big time."

maybe he was talking about wayne ellington
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,442

Post#20 » by NYKnickerbocker » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Feel like anyone who leaves the Knicks on bad terms is gunna say the same ****

Return to New York Knicks