What Makes Bradley Beal Better Than Demar Derozan?

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,470

What Makes Bradley Beal Better Than Demar Derozan? 

Post#1 » by Pelly24 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:39 am

I think I have my answer, but wanted your takes.

DeMar appears to be a top 30ish type of player, but Beal, to me, is top 20 or so at least. What is the difference betwen them? If you think Beal is better, why?
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Re: What Makes Bradley Beal Better Than Demar Derozan? 

Post#2 » by udfa » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:56 am

Offense is two dimensional for guards. As a guard you make plays with the ball and shoot, especially 3s. Beal and DeRozan are close in the playmaking aspect but not in the shooting aspect. DeRozan makes his offensive production all off the dribble and inside the 3pt line. It's a testament to how good DeRozan is at slashing that he is still so effective on offense without any 3pt shot. It's like being a great fighter with only one arm.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,684

Re: What Makes Bradley Beal Better Than Demar Derozan? 

Post#3 » by Johnny Firpo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:32 pm

Three point shooting where he is significantly better, and defense, where he is somewhat better. Other than that, they are players of similar caliber imo, and it's not like Beal is miles better. You cannot build a championship contender with Beal as your best player, and you cannot build one with DeMar. But I think they could be Nr.2 guys, although even that team has to be constructed in a certain way, because obviously they are no Scottie Pippens, Pau Gasols, or even Manu Ginobilis.

Return to Player Comparisons