Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA: 2019-20 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

NDave79
Sixth Man
And1: 1,348

Re: Around The NBA: Off-Season Edition 

Post#641 » by NDave79 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 10:49 am

I found this interesting and matching what I thought as far as Otto and Tomas, but also one of the worst disses I can recall in a public forum from a coach to a player. I feel like even if a player is really bad the coach is usually less direct about it, lol.

“Otto loved him, and ‘Sato’ loved Otto,’’ Boylen said per Joe Cowley of The Chicago Sun-Times. “Otto is a big part of this team. His trade is not talked about enough. We were 7-5 in February because, first of all, we got rid of [Parker], and we added a guy who brings synergy and chemistry. Otto has that synergy and chemistry with ‘Sato.’ ’’

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news-jim-boylen-sees-positive-in-otto-porter-tomas-satoransky-partnership/
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#642 » by Axolotl » Mon Sep 9, 2019 12:38 pm

NDave79 wrote:I found this interesting and matching what I thought as far as Otto and Tomas, but also one of the worst disses I can recall in a public forum from a coach to a player. I feel like even if a player is really bad the coach is usually less direct about it, lol.

“Otto loved him, and ‘Sato’ loved Otto,’’ Boylen said per Joe Cowley of The Chicago Sun-Times. “Otto is a big part of this team. His trade is not talked about enough. We were 7-5 in February because, first of all, we got rid of [Parker], and we added a guy who brings synergy and chemistry. Otto has that synergy and chemistry with ‘Sato.’ ’’

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news-jim-boylen-sees-positive-in-otto-porter-tomas-satoransky-partnership/

Hmm... I wonder what Boylen said exactly, because Parker's name is in brackets, marking a modified quotation.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,620

Post#643 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 pm

Thought this article on Durant was an interesting read, wish I could see the whole thing on WSJ, but I can only see the piece on ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27585406/durant-some-days-hate-circus-nba

Those same undertones still cause Durant to look back with bitterness on his time with Oklahoma City, where he spent eight seasons after the franchise moved there from Seattle after his rookie season in 2007-08. He said the positive relationships he had built over that time disappeared instantly after he made the decision to join the Warriors as a free agent after the 2015-16 season.

"People coming to my house and spray-painting on the for sale signs around my neighborhood," Durant said of the time after his decision. "People making videos in front of my house and burning my jerseys and calling me all types of crazy names."

Durant remains bitter because he feels that "venomous" emotion toward him, despite charitable contributions he made to the community, still lingers.

"Such a venomous toxic feeling when I walked into that arena [after joining the Warriors]," Durant told the WSJ. "And just the organization, the trainers and equipment managers, those dudes is pissed off at me? Ain't talking to me? I'm like, 'Yo, this is where we going with this? Because I left a team and went to play with another team?'

"I'll never be attached to that city again because of that. I eventually wanted to come back to that city and be part of that community and organization, but I don't trust nobody there. That s--- must have been fake, what they was doing. The organization, the GM, I ain't talked to none of those people, even had a nice exchange with those people, since I left."

Lot's of good quotes, I think Durant makes good points in many of his comments but feel they'll ultimately be taken badly.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#644 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:11 pm

dougthonus wrote:Thought this article on Durant was an interesting read, wish I could see the whole thing on WSJ, but I can only see the piece on ESPN.

Those same undertones still cause Durant to look back with bitterness on his time with Oklahoma City, where he spent eight seasons after the franchise moved there from Seattle after his rookie season in 2007-08. He said the positive relationships he had built over that time disappeared instantly after he made the decision to join the Warriors as a free agent after the 2015-16 season.

"People coming to my house and spray-painting on the for sale signs around my neighborhood," Durant said of the time after his decision. "People making videos in front of my house and burning my jerseys and calling me all types of crazy names."

Durant remains bitter because he feels that "venomous" emotion toward him, despite charitable contributions he made to the community, still lingers.

"Such a venomous toxic feeling when I walked into that arena [after joining the Warriors]," Durant told the WSJ. "And just the organization, the trainers and equipment managers, those dudes is pissed off at me? Ain't talking to me? I'm like, 'Yo, this is where we going with this? Because I left a team and went to play with another team?'

"I'll never be attached to that city again because of that. I eventually wanted to come back to that city and be part of that community and organization, but I don't trust nobody there. That s--- must have been fake, what they was doing. The organization, the GM, I ain't talked to none of those people, even had a nice exchange with those people, since I left."

Lot's of good quotes, I think Durant makes good points in many of his comments but feel they'll ultimately be taken badly.

Now I kinda get where Durant is coming from. I wish he spoke with more details like this instead vague statements.

Not surprised OKC being a snake organization considering what they did to Seattle
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#645 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:40 pm

dougthonus wrote:Thought this article on Durant was an interesting read, wish I could see the whole thing on WSJ, but I can only see the piece on ESPN.

Yes he has a point. I work in a small enough industry that we mostly know each other... I have gone and worked for the other team and returned back to the team I left... in both cases we are super cordial as we know it is business. I left what is my biggest customer now a couple years ago and while it was a bit tense in the process we still have a spectacular working relationship. I understand the dumb fans outrage... that’s par for the course but your colleagues should be understanding... even if pissed should still be professional and cordial. While I was no Durant, I would still be a notable “free agent” in the scenario. That being said I was always absolutely respectful to the former employer and I am not sure he was. Who knows.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#646 » by Jcool0 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:12 am

Hangtime84 wrote:

Now I kinda get where Durant is coming from. I wish he spoke with more details like this instead vague statements.

Not surprised OKC being a snake organization considering what they did to Seattle

Biggest takeaway is Durant is a big baby.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#647 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:14 am

Definitely going to get him raked over the coals by OKC fans.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#648 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:25 am

Clearly I don't know this guy on a personal level, but he comes across as overly sensitive. And though on the surface, what he said may make you side with him, without knowing both sides of the story, I simply can't buy what he says.

I find it highly unlikely that ALL staff members, ranging from trainers, equipment managers would all stop talking to him, at least without reason. Does it seem probable? Perhaps, but I just can't imagine it to be the case, unless all of them individually had a reason not to.

Or maybe he just changed to the point where they simply didn't want to asscoiate with him anymore, and I get that too, because some of my closest childhood friend I'm not friends with no more, but that's just life and we don't get sensitive about and continue to live our lives.

This dude is one of the most sensitive players in the NBA, and the fact that he continues to feel slighted after all that he has achieved is quite honestly sad and pathetic.
Why so serious?
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#649 » by Jcool0 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:46 am

Read on Twitter
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#650 » by MeloRoseNoah » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:52 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

Clearly I don't know this guy on a personal level, but he comes across as overly sensitive. And though on the surface, what he said may make you side with him, without knowing both sides of the story, I simply can't buy what he says.

I find it highly unlikely that ALL staff members, ranging from trainers, equipment managers would all stop talking to him, at least without reason. Does it seem probable? Perhaps, but I just can't imagine it to be the case, unless all of them individually had a reason not to.

Or maybe he just changed to the point where they simply didn't want to asscoiate with him anymore, and I get that too, because some of my closest childhood friend I'm not friends with no more, but that's just life and we don't get sensitive about and continue to live our lives.

This dude is one of the most sensitive players in the NBA, and the fact that he continues to feel slighted after all that he has achieved is quite honestly sad and pathetic.

OKC acts this way bc they no longer have to pretend to tolerate his dbag presence, aka Durant is a garbage person to begin with.
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#651 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

OKC acts this way bc they no longer have to pretend to tolerate his dbag presence, aka Durant is a garbage person to begin with.

Definitely interesting to see the way OKC fans reacted to him vs Russ leaving.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,187

Post#652 » by Dan Z » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:52 am

MrFortune3 wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

People shouldn't act crazy like that, but I don't know why Durant is surprised or why he's bringing this up now. He left OKC three years ago. Did he really expect them to take him back with open arms?
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#653 » by samwana » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:41 am

It probably would have been a bit different, had he chosen another team but the Warriors. He chose the easy path, the easy way to a title. It was his right and his decision to do that, he doesn't want to deal with the consequences. Big cry baby. And iirc it wasn't only the Thunder fans, it was half of the NBA that didn't like his decision and was very vocal about it.

KD crying about that is showing he is very insecure and it may even show he isn't completely sure he made teh right decision at the time. Man up, I would say. If you make a decision, stay with it.

Not even LeBron cried about Cleveland fans and did go back there to win a title.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
MrFortune3
General Manager

Post#654 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:49 am

Dan Z wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

People shouldn't act crazy like that, but I don't know why Durant is surprised or why he's bringing this up now. He left OKC three years ago. Did he really expect them to take him back with open arms?

I think part of the issue is that OKC had GSW on the ropes and let them escape, then you sign with the very team you technically "choked" against.
It'd be like LeBron signing with the Celtics after disappearing against them in that playoff series.
Fans burned LeBron's jersey, cursed his name, took down murals and etc when he left the Cavs. For the most part he was still welcome in Akron and in Cleveland due to the work he was doing with kids scholarships and schools.

What sticks out the most to me though, 2 franchises, 2 semi bitter divorces...something doesn't add up there.
That's gotta be some kind of facade shining through for those things to happen twice.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#655 » by sco » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:44 pm

I'm sure it will be fine in NY, cuz thin skinned guys do just fine there.
:clap:
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,951

Post#656 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:22 pm

KD is one complex and complicated individual.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#657 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Shams out here shilling for agents.

Read on Twitter
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#658 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:56 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Shams out here shilling for agents.

Read on Twitter

No one cares about the president and VP of NBAPA.

Edit: PS Chris Paul is the president
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#659 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:Shams out here shilling for agents.

Read on Twitter

Pretty much.

But it's understandable, his livelihood is all about his sources, so every once in awhile, he will need to do favors like this, even know I'm sure he knows well enough that the Grizzlies have absolutely no incentive to buy him out.
Why so serious?
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#660 » by TheFinishSniper » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 am

Hope Igoudala doesnt get bought out.

Return to Chicago Bulls