ImageImageImage

OT: Antonio Brown to the Patriots!!! UPDATE: Bye AB...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Re: OT: Antonio Brown to the Patriots!!! 

Post#41 » by Wes-J » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:20 am

KL78192020 wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:Guys you know he was just pretending to be a whack job to get off the Raiders right? Guy obviously cares about winning some - who knew..

Strange move since Pats run the ball some and he won't get as many catch chances. OTOH they will be better chances - so maybe he prefers that.. I mean can you even double him with Julian and Gordon out there? Rest of the NFL is screwed as long as Dante can work miracles with the line.

OL is the issue now. It looked much worse after Cannon got undercut and landed on his shoulder.

Yup there were absolutely no issues with him his first 7 years on the Steelers. Just the past couple of years the money/touches became and issue. He clearly didn't want to go to the Raiders.

Plus Pats get him for free the Raiders gave away a couple of picks lol. Easy cut if he does act up.

Wrong. There's a long history of issues with the Steelers they kept quiet. There were issues with vet players and several very respected members of the coaching staff ASIDE from Tomlin.

And quit the nonsense about how he "Hollywooded" his way out of Oakland. That's who he is, he can't help himself. He's a sick person in need of professional help that is way beyond BB's magical expertise.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#42 » by threrf23 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:44 am

Wes-J wrote:
Wrong. There's a long history of issues with the Steelers they kept quiet. There were issues with vet players and several very respected members of the coaching staff ASIDE from Tomlin.

And quit the nonsense about how he "Hollywooded" his way out of Oakland. That's who he is, he can't help himself. He's a sick person in need of professional help that is way beyond BB's magical expertise.

Yeah man. Ben Rothlisburger is a class act and I am sure he had nothing to do with any issues in Pittsburgh.

More seriously, provide receipts or gtfo. He asked out of Oaktown after it was rumored they planned to put him on the IR. He hurt the GM's ego. He probably hurt egos in Pittsburgh. Our front office isn't petty enough to worry about that. He's a guy who shows up to play. 2012 was the last time he failed to reach 1,000 receiving yards. And he's healthy. We're good.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#43 » by Green89 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:38 am

Read on Twitter
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#44 » by ParticleMan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:51 am

sam_I_am wrote:AB may make out in the end, but giving up 30 mil guaranteed for 10 at age 31 in NFL is a really bad business move. Leaving LA/Vegas for Boston is also questionable marketing move too. No chance Pats pay him 20 mil next year.

it's true he gave up 29m in guaranteed money and only got 10m from the pats.

but some things are more important than money. did you see how excited he was when the raiders released him? dude is a veteran who has made a lot of money. coming to the pats where he knows he will have to tone it down and he knows he won't get as many touches as he would on other teams, that kind of shows me something. he didn't have to jump on the pats offer, i'm sure it wasn't the only one. it says he is interested in a chip, and he has confidence in himself that he can make up most or all of the money over the next 2 years.

if all goes well i totally expect he will only be here for 1 year, and then move to greener pastures. that's fine, as long as it ends with a lombardi. if it goes badly it will be shorter. meh.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,394

Post#45 » by reload141 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 am

Sexual Assault? Yikes.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#46 » by Green89 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 am

I haven't heard anything about criminal charges. It seems to be a civil lawsuit at this time.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,995

Post#47 » by 31to6 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:32 am

Well that was fast.

Of course team’s owned by Kraft
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,689

Post#48 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:35 am

Damning evidence on both sides

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#49 » by OldCeltics » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:52 am

As long as Kraft doesn't turn into a 'Cracker' I'm sure Brown can contribute to the Boston community in a responsible, and adult manner.

Them gold diggers be wanting money. This doesn't seem legit.
L3GEND4RY
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#50 » by L3GEND4RY » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:02 am

strap yourselves in boys

Signature by freshcontrast
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,672

Post#51 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:25 am

When you've decided you don't trust somebody, it's usually a bad idea to subsequently have sex with them.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,227

Post#52 » by Parasite » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:30 am

OldCeltics wrote:As long as Kraft doesn't turn into a 'Cracker' I'm sure Brown can contribute to the Boston community in a responsible, and adult manner.

What was your stance on Kavanaugh’s accuser?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#53 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:33 am

By the way: The woman in question is named Britney Taylor, and should not be confused with Brittney Taylor, who also alleges assault by a celebrity, and has been accused of assault herself in a different incident.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#54 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:34 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:Damning evidence on both sides

It's seems both have a lot to be upset about.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#55 » by OldCeltics » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:58 am

Parasite wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:As long as Kraft doesn't turn into a 'Cracker' I'm sure Brown can contribute to the Boston community in a responsible, and adult manner.

I think most Senators believed Kavanaugh’s accuser. She didn't seem like she was lying. Kavanaugh most likely was a drunk fraternity teen who made a mistake. But there wasn't enough evidence.

This Brown thing seems clear cut. She kept trying to be around Brown, he was attracted and at some point they hooked up. She got pissed off he backed out of the business deal, and decided to get money another way.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#56 » by ParticleMan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 am

i don't know who to believe, all i know is this dude is a walking soap opera.

my prediction is BB eventually gets fed up and he gets cut to make room for n'keal harry coming off the IR. no locker room needs this ish.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#57 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:31 am

OldCeltics wrote:
Parasite wrote:

I think most Senators believed Kavanaugh’s accuser. She didn't seem like she was lying. Kavanaugh most likely was a drunk fraternity teen who made a mistake. But there wasn't enough evidence.

This Brown thing seems clear cut. She kept trying to be around Brown, he was attracted and at some point they hooked up. She got pissed off he backed out of the business deal, and decided to get money another way.

It's impossible to say one way or the other, but to bring up a civil case a couple years after an incident at the exact moment when a person's public persona will be most easily leveraged to your benefit? Seems suspicious. But Brown seems like a piece of ****, so who knows. It'll probably just be settled out of court, I'd think. At the very least, we can say that no genius is involved in this case.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#58 » by BillTheGOAT » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:23 am

This keeps getting better and better...

Cut him lose now.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#59 » by OldCeltics » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:23 pm

BillTheGOAT wrote:This keeps getting better and better...

Cut him lose now.

We just paid him 9 million signing bonus. He's not getting cut unless he goes the Aaron Hernandez route. He's still a top 5 receiver in the game.

Innocent until proven guilty. One thing is to call your GM a 'cracker', or complain about a helmet, its another to be accused of a serious crime. Lets wait and see this play out.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#60 » by BigTrade92 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:44 pm

If the accuser filed a criminal suit I'd say cut bait right now....but a civil suit? Yeah I don't buy any of this for a second.

Brown isn't a choir boy, but this smells like a cut and dry extortion scheme for money and nothing more. Funny timing too when he's the most talked about athlete in the country...

This is basically the same exact crap Derrick Rose had to go through. I hope this woman gets charges thrown her own way if she turns out to be a liar, which with the lack of evidence at hand, seems extremely likely.

Return to Boston Celtics