Image ImageImage Image

rodman 30 for 30 documentary

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,542

rodman 30 for 30 documentary 

Post#1 » by dice » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:47 pm

tuesday night, espn
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Re: rodman 30 for 30 documentary 

Post#2 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:54 pm

This should be a doozy, if it's actually an honest representation of his life.
Why so serious?
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#3 » by dougthonus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:03 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:This should be a doozy, if it's actually an honest representation of his life.

30 for 30s are usually pretty good representations. Will be interesting.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#4 » by League Circles » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Rodman's HOF acceptance speech basically made me cry, so I'm definitely gonna watch the new Bill Burr special instead of this.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#5 » by MAQ » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:24 pm

League Circles wrote:Rodman's HOF acceptance speech basically made me cry, so I'm definitely gonna watch the new Bill Burr special instead of this.

rawer than Eddie Murphy. truth is ugly and hard.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#6 » by ThreeMileAllan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:15 am

Pretty good so far, glad they didnt gloss over the spurs years as a lot of rodman pieces often do

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#7 » by ThreeMileAllan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:45 am

Damn interviews from his kids makes it more real how troubled rodman was and is

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 483

Post#8 » by SlimD235 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:01 am

Wow
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#9 » by samwana » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:30 am

Is it worth watching?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#10 » by ZOMG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:02 am

Haven't watched it, but read the ESPN article. Unbelievably sad that he still isn't able to connect with his kids.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#11 » by kulaz3000 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:46 am

Not the documentary, but he was on the Jump with Scottie. Cool to see those two together.

Why so serious?
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#12 » by TeamMan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:35 pm

There is so much history that has passed during and after the dynasty that sometimes it's hard to believe that I've seen it all.

These guys have aged gracefully, but of course, it's easier to do that when you get the respect that comes with being a HoF player.

And I also think that it makes a player more humble when they don't have to fight to get that respect and attention.

Maybe KD will see that one day, but he still has a lot of basketball ahead of him before he gets there.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#13 » by ATRAIN53 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:21 pm

LOVED it. They do such a good job with the 30/30 stuff. That Ric Flair one still gives me chills. Cant wait for the Bulls 10 parter!

I think he was really a undaignosed case of major ADHD.
It makes more sense to me now why he is such a flamboyant dresser. He is trying to cover up for being called ugly as a kid still.

Overall he wears it all on his sleeve and there is no BS. The Rodman you see is really him, I can see why people gravitate to him because he's real. That part when his bodyguard told him people were only hanging with him for his $$ and he's like I KNOW - that was reassuring to hear and tells me he's not dumb.

My favorite part was John Sally and guy talking about how much he worshipped MJ. I didn't realize he idolized him that much.
Love that they got MJ to participate and he had kind words for Dennis. I bet HE liked that.

I wish Chuck Daly could have seen him make it into the HOF.

and how cool is it to think he is a huge part in brokering peace between the US and N Korea.
He really should be acknowledged as a legit US abbassador and that nutjob in the WH would totally do it.
It would be cool to see him bring Kim here to Chicago!

I hope he does become closer with family, tough to watch that stuff esp since I can relate well to the no dad thing (I've never met mine).

Watching him hanging with Scottie now is the best.
So glad we had the Rodman experience, I think it helped drive those guys and kept them focused.
dice
RealGM

Post#14 » by dice » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:17 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:LOVED it. They do such a good job with the 30/30 stuff. That Ric Flair one still gives me chills. Cant wait for the Bulls 10 parter!

I think he was really a undaignosed case of major ADHD.
It makes more sense to me now why he is such a flamboyant dresser. He is trying to cover up for being called ugly as a kid still.

Overall he wears it all on his sleeve and there is no BS. The Rodman you see is really him, I can see why people gravitate to him because he's real. That part when his bodyguard told him people were only hanging with him for his $$ and he's like I KNOW - that was reassuring to hear and tells me he's not dumb.

My favorite part was John Sally and guy talking about how much he worshipped MJ. I didn't realize he idolized him that much.
Love that they got MJ to participate and he had kind words for Dennis. I bet HE liked that.

I wish Chuck Daly could have seen him make it into the HOF.

and how cool is it to think he is a huge part in brokering peace between the US and N Korea.
He really should be acknowledged as a legit US abbassador and that nutjob in the WH would totally do it.
It would be cool to see him bring Kim here to Chicago!

I hope he does become closer with family, tough to watch that stuff esp since I can relate well to the no dad thing (I've never met mine).

Watching him hanging with Scottie now is the best.
So glad we had the Rodman experience, I think it helped drive those guys and kept them focused.

was about to give this an 'and 1' until the n. korea bit. i think rodman does more harm than good with that. there's a reason why everyone else refuses those invitations

as for the documentary, i taped it, but then saw bits and pieces at the gym, which was enough. for now, anyway. sad stuff. as you say, glad that MJ participated. that was pretty interesting

you mention ADHD, which is probably true. he was on that celebrity rehab show several years ago and they did a scan of his brain, which revealed it to be as holey as swiss cheese due to substance abuse (major drinking problem, as the documentary suggested). and who knows how long he's been in that bad of shape. MJ said in the doc that he didn't think rodman would make it to age 40. that he's now 58 (!) and retains his mental capacity to some degree is pretty amazing
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#15 » by jc23 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 pm

I missed it and sling doesnt allow you to dvr ESPN.
Be curious, Not judgmental
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#16 » by AKfanatic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 pm

jc23 wrote:I missed it and sling doesnt allow you to dvr ESPN.

You can watch it on the ESPN app for the next 3 weeks.

It’s also on ESPN 2 at midnight tonight
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#17 » by Lunartic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 am

Rodman is an interesting character, he's smart, neurotic, and strangely humble. Perfect storm of a team involving him, MJ and Pippen.

His efforts with North Korea were proven to have been useful in bridging the culture gap between NK/USA and opening negotiations.
dice
RealGM

Post#18 » by dice » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:46 am

Lunartic wrote:Rodman is an interesting character, he's smart, neurotic, and strangely humble. Perfect storm of a team involving him, MJ and Pippen.

His efforts with North Korea were proven to have been useful in bridging the culture gap between NK/USA and opening negotiations.

his "efforts" in n. korea (which constituted nothing more than hanging out with a murderous fanboy dictator and behaving like a buffoon) normalized kim jong un to his people. state run media in n. korea uses such events to give the false impression to the people of the country that their leader is respected or even revered on the world stage, thus further solidifying his power over them

any relationship between trump and un is predicated on their own weird love/hate internal dynamics. with another murderous dictator triangulating things

https://time.com/5577927/kim-jong-un-vladimir-putin-russia/
https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-post/the-normalization-kim-jong-un-what-kim-gains-visit-to-russia
Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,285

Post#19 » by Lunartic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:54 pm

dice wrote:
Lunartic wrote:Rodman is an interesting character, he's smart, neurotic, and strangely humble. Perfect storm of a team involving him, MJ and Pippen.

his "efforts" in n. korea (which constituted nothing more than hanging out with a murderous fanboy dictator and behaving like a buffoon) normalized kim jong un to his people. state run media in n. korea uses such events to give the false impression to the people of the country that their leader is respected or even revered on the world stage, thus further solidifying his power over them

any relationship between trump and un is predicated on their own weird love/hate internal dynamics. with another murderous dictator triangulating things

https://time.com/5577927/kim-jong-un-vladimir-putin-russia/
https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-post/the-normalization-kim-jong-un-what-kim-gains-visit-to-russia

Sure he normalized Kimmy to his people but he also helped NK/USA relations by talking up Trump and suggesting they meet for peace. He reportedly gave Kim a copy of Trump's book and attempted to get Kim to see Trump as someone he can work with. He was a close friend and trusted by Kim, so his words varied weight.

Considering the state of USa/NK affairs and diplomacy in prior adminstrations, clearly agreeing to meet with Trump and negotiate over the use of ICBM tech and releasing our soldiers remains was a shift.

Rodman obviously isn't completely responsible but I give credit where credit is due and he played a role in making his murderous manchild dictator pal view Trump as someone he could deal with.
These negotiations are historic and deserving of a Nobel Peace Prize for the US president.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#20 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:52 am

If you’ve read any of his books you’re not really going to see much that will surprise you.

Just finished watching it and it’s just depressing really to see a man clearly unhappy and trying different ways to cover it up and distract himself. It was depressing to see him on the apprentice years back as it was clear he’s got a very serious problem with alcohol

I kept forgetting it was Jamie Fox narrating as it sounded like Ahmad Rashad..I’m just glad Fox didn’t have too many moments were he tried to make it about him

Return to Chicago Bulls