ImageImageImageImage

FIBA World Cup

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,714

Re: FIBA World Cup 

Post#161 » by MoMM » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:08 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Frank Ntilikina is one of most untalented lottery picks in years... Jesus guy sucks

Not saying that he is any good or I want him in Orlando, but he played really well in 4th quarter, good defense and crucial points from 3-point land. He finished with 11 points and +22 (Gobert was +26).

As for USA players, I won't judge them because at least they decided to play, they didn't withdraw and they got unlucky with Tatum's injury (AG could have filled this hole), but I can't understand why they took Plumlee, man, can't you find a better player? Really? He is so bad for a National Team that they didn't even play him.

Another thing to point out is that all of the NTs have a real team, they play together for years and years, just adding/removing some talents when it's time, but USA has no team, it's just a bunch of players and then, after 2 years, another group. Even with a great coaching staff (Gregg, Kerr, etc) is very hard to succeed. They tried to get some team cores (Celtics with Jaylen, Tatum and Smart), which is a good idea, but Jaylen and Tatum are too young and Smart is not smart in terms of BBall IQ :laugh:
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 23,908

Post#162 » by Knightro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:15 pm

Read on Twitter
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,389

Post#163 » by GelbeWand09 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:18 pm

MoMM wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Frank Ntilikina is one of most untalented lottery picks in years... Jesus guy sucks

Not saying that he is any good or I want him in Orlando, but he played really well in 4th quarter, good defense and crucial points from 3-point land. He finished with 11 points and +22 (Gobert was +26).

As for USA players, I won't judge them because at least they decided to play and didn't withdraw and they got unlucky with Tatum's injury (AG could have filled this hole), but I can't understand why they took Plumlee, man, can't you find a better player? Really? He is so bad for a National Team that they didn't even play him.

Not only Plumlee. Lopez too. Even at Milwaukee he was more the guy who hits 6 triples in one game and shoots miserable the next 5 or 6. Over a long NBA season this is ok but when you only have 7-8 games at best, the probability he hits nothing over most games and is absolutely useless, was way too high. When you add players like Middleton & Harris who cant drive past a chair you are in trouble.
US problem wasnt talent, it was roster composition. Sooooo many mistakes.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#164 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:28 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:
MoMM wrote:

As for USA players, I won't judge them because at least they decided to play and didn't withdraw and they got unlucky with Tatum's injury (AG could have filled this hole), but I can't understand why they took Plumlee, man, can't you find a better player? Really? He is so bad for a National Team that they didn't even play him.

Not only Plumlee. Lopez too. Even at Milwaukee he was more the guy who hits 6 triples in one game and shoots miserable the next 5 or 6. Over a long NBA season this is ok but when you only have 7-8 games at best, the probability he hits nothing over most games and is absolutely useless, was way too high. When you add players like Middleton & Harris who cant drive past a chair you are in trouble.
US problem wasnt talent, it was roster composition. Sooooo many mistakes.

Gordon Isaac and Bamba would have destroyed us inside quite honestly :D
Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#165 » by Popsicle1228 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Being a US Citizen it sucks to watch our team lose, but if this serves to boost Evans confidence, and it translates to his play for the Magic this coming season then the loss is worth it for me.
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#166 » by MagicFrenchie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:55 pm

Popsicle1228 wrote:Being a US Citizen it sucks to watch our team lose, but if this serves to boost Evans confidence, and it translates to his play for the Magic this coming season then the loss is worth it for me.

Man this is more than confidence to him.
He's having carreer high numbers in this tournament, great body language, scoring at ease against playoff defense caliber opposition, just owned US players

I knew he wanted to prove something on this game but man I wasn't expecting him to make step back 3's on US defenders.

I f he plays like that, we're a top 4 seed.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 630

Post#167 » by remi_222 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:08 pm

And i think you guys dont realize how much Evan LOVES playing in Orlando, in France at any interview he says he believes in the Magics, doesnt wanna be traded and wants to succeed with the MAgics ! If he receives the same love in Orlando that he has here in France, he'll shine sooo much
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,060

Post#168 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:34 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:
Popsicle1228 wrote:Being a US Citizen it sucks to watch our team lose, but if this serves to boost Evans confidence, and it translates to his play for the Magic this coming season then the loss is worth it for me.

Man this is more than confidence to him.
He's having carreer high numbers in this tournament, great body language, scoring at ease against playoff defense caliber opposition, just owned US players

I knew he wanted to prove something on this game but man I wasn't expecting him to make step back 3's on US defenders.

I f he plays like that, we're a top 4 seed.
Agreed. This is the Evan that we have been wanting to see for the Magic and if he comes to Orlando like this then this team is top 4 seed.
aka: prorl
ezzzp
Head Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#169 » by ezzzp » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:52 pm

Catledge
Starter
And1: 833

Post#170 » by Catledge » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 pm

Whatever happens this season for Fournier with the Magic, people will point to this FIBA tournament as the reason. If he plays poorly, they'll say it's because he wore himself out in the summer, and if he plays well, people will say that it's because he found confidence in his game this summer.

I tend to be skeptical of these sorts of claims, but I bet lots of people will take it as gospel.

(I should add that I'm super happy to see Fournier playing this well and representing our club with class. I'm officially a France fan until the end of the tournament.)
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#171 » by NavalAviator94 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Catledge wrote:Whatever happens this season for Fournier with the Magic, people will point to this FIBA tournament as the reason. If he plays poorly, they'll say it's because he wore himself out in the summer, and if he plays well, people will say that it's because he found confidence in his game this summer.

I tend to be skeptical of these sorts of claims, but I bet lots of people will take it as gospel.

(I should add that I'm super happy to see Fournier playing this well and representing our club with class. I'm officially a France fan until the end of the tournament.)

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#172 » by pepe1991 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:54 pm

all i have to say is that lot of nba stars are only stars because they happend to be in system and age that makes them look much better than they actually are.
Same thing people say about Draymoond can be applyed to Marcus Smart, Brook Lopez, Turner, Middleton.

Lopez is the worst, he is like parody of center. You have guy who can't rebound, runs away from post, can't attack off dribble and has zero desire to play pick&roll. So what's his purpose ? To stand at 3 point line and maybe once he is left wide open make three point shot? Without any evidence he is good shooter in serious games.

Overall having Cs shooting 3s looks much better during regular season than in any games that have any value, you simply can get yourself more valuable possession than you C shooting.
There are some numbers from this world cup and Cs shooting

Turner 1/5
Lopez 2/14
Jokić 5 made, but 3 against Angole in 45 points beatdown, 1/4 in games that mattered
Marc Gasol 3/18
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#173 » by drsd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:59 pm

My two EURO-cents: Fournier is fully readapted to SG play.
MoMM
RealGM

Post#174 » by MoMM » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 pm

remi_222 wrote:And i think you guys dont realize how much Evan LOVES playing in Orlando, in France at any interview he says he believes in the Magics, doesnt wanna be traded and wants to succeed with the MAgics ! If he receives the same love in Orlando that he has here in France, he'll shine sooo much

Please, it's MAGIC, not MAGICS ;)

Related to the post, yeah, it's very important to have players that like to play for a small market team, same goes with Vucevic. That's the only way that a small market team can succeed long term (see: past Spurs).
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#175 » by drsd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 pm

MoMM wrote:Please, it's MAGIC, not MAGICS ;)

Related to the post, yeah, it's very important to have players that like to play for a small market team, same goes with Vucevic. That's the only way that a small market team can succeed long term (see: past Spurs).

Please it is Vučević not Vucevic.

:D

MoMM
RealGM

Post#176 » by MoMM » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:43 pm

drsd wrote:
MoMM wrote:Please, it's MAGIC, not MAGICS ;)

Please it is Vučević not Vucevic.

:D

My bad, I'll copy+paste "Vučević" into a notepad file, so I can use it correctly whenever I need :laugh:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,081

Post#177 » by SOUL » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Good to see Fournier playing well.
magickingdom
Rookie
And1: 84

Post#178 » by magickingdom » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:24 pm

In that video Evan looks like he has been watching T Ross a bit?
"Welcome to the MAGIC's KINGDOM !"
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#179 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:39 pm

pepe1991 wrote:all i have to say is that lot of nba stars are only stars because they happend to be in system and age that makes them look much better than they actually are.
Same thing people say about Draymoond can be applyed to Marcus Smart, Brook Lopez, Turner, Middleton.

Lopez is the worst, he is like parody of center. You have guy who can't rebound, runs away from post, can't attack off dribble and has zero desire to play pick&roll. So what's his purpose ? To stand at 3 point line and maybe once he is left wide open make three point shot? Without any evidence he is good shooter in serious games.

Overall having Cs shooting 3s looks much better during regular season than in any games that have any value, you simply can get yourself more valuable possession than you C shooting.
There are some numbers from this world cup and Cs shooting

Turner 1/5
Lopez 2/14
Jokić 5 made, but 3 against Angole in 45 points beatdown, 1/4 in games that mattered
Marc Gasol 3/18

Vooch haterz wanted to trade Vooch last year and sign Lopez . . .

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#180 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Evan proving em all wrong!!!!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!

Return to Orlando Magic