ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: UFC 242 Khabib vs. Poirier

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Double Bubble
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Re: OT: UFC 242 Khabib vs. Poirier 

Post#41 » by Double Bubble » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:04 am

Was curious to see that Romero Costa fight heard it was nuts. That division is so competitive anyone top ten would match up great in a championship fight. Meanwhile bones is tearing up light heavyweights for breakfast
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#42 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:23 am

khabib is definitely doing better than jones, man hasn't lost 1 round... take that in, 1
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#43 » by omar36 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:26 am

tor1234567 wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
Jon Jones would still be the GOAT.

Peds, being a **** human, etc...

Keep him on the PEDs. Who cares.

I wanna see him go up to Heavyweight and try his luck with Stipe Miocic.

Stipe would probably eat like 50 punches and knock Jones the F out.

These Eastern European guys like Miocic and Khabib are scary man.

miocic is american lol

also i think it would be a good match up but ill take jon. Miocic struggled vs DC till Dc got cocky and never bothered to defend himself from those gut shots. I think they rematch and DC wins

JOnes just looks unbeatable to me. hes just scary good
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#44 » by Clay Davis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:02 am

jimross wrote:
5playersnot1 wrote:
jimross wrote:
Khabib has lost ONE round in 28 fights. Hes by far the most dominant fighter.

Jon was using peds for most of his career and hasn't looked dominant in the fights without them. He nearly lost to Santos who blew his knee out in the 1st round.

Not really. Jon said he chose to stand with Santos just to prove he was a better striker knowing that was Santos's game. Look who Jon has smashed and compare that list to Khabib's. He could get there, he's a freak just like Jones, but he's got to defend that belt a lot longer to challenge Jones for the Pound for Pound GOAT

Firstly Jon's excuse of keeping it standing doesn't negate the fact that Sanots was fighting on one blown out knee and another that needed surgery as well, Santos was barely mobile in that fight and still made it a split decision. Definitely not dominant. Khabib has dominated every single fight he's been in aside for Gleason Tibeau who was juiced to gills (like Jones) and was eventually popped a few fights later.

Secondly Jones has been on PEDs for most of his career. The guy cheated to win, simple as that. That alone drops his out of the GOAT contention. One of the PEDs he got caught for allows you to keep your strength and endurance through a weight cut, that's a MASSIVE advantage when preparing for a fight.

I don't get how people just gloss over the facts he was on PEDs for most of his career. If he didn't need them he wouldn't continue to risk his career taking them.
To be fair, Jones was taking every fight that was given to him; he didn't select them himself. He took 4 fights the year that he won the belt, which is taxing on anybody. Obviously the juice gave him an edge but the frequency of his fights should lessen the size of that edge a bit.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,093

Post#45 » by The Warrior » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:33 am

I wanna fight your chicken. Number one easy fight in lightweight division.

I come here for smesh this guy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#46 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:32 pm

Man this board has hit a all time low! After winning a Championship this board has become a General discussion board. Random threads about nothing, UFC, Tennis, Ect.. What's next curling ? Golf ? American Warriors Ninja or whatever it's called ? Why are we discussing UFC on a Raptors board. It's not even the same sport smh
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,824

Post#47 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:05 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Man this board has hit a all time low! After winning a Championship this board has become a General discussion board. Random threads about nothing, UFC, Tennis, Ect.. What's next curling ? Golf ? American Warriors Ninja or whatever it's called ? Why are we discussing UFC on a Raptors board. It's not even the same sport smh

definite off-season jet lag but it's better than wondering how OG is going to do for the 92nd day in a row

khabib and jones are both monsters. i wouldn't bet against either of them ever, under any circumstances.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,806

Post#48 » by Steelo Green » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:02 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Man this board has hit a all time low! After winning a Championship this board has become a General discussion board. Random threads about nothing, UFC, Tennis, Ect.. What's next curling ? Golf ? American Warriors Ninja or whatever it's called ? Why are we discussing UFC on a Raptors board. It's not even the same sport smh

All time low? We just won a title. The ****.
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,125

Post#49 » by duppyy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:54 pm

omar36 wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Peds, being a **** human, etc...

miocic is american lol

also i think it would be a good match up but ill take jon. Miocic struggled vs DC till Dc got cocky and never bothered to defend himself from those gut shots. I think they rematch and DC wins

And Khabib is not eastern european. He's Caucasus.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#50 » by Clay Davis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:46 pm

All-time off-season low would be the miserable optimists talking about how Bargnani is just about to turn a corner and that we're finally ready to squeeze into the play-offs as an 8th seed back in the Summer of 2011.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#51 » by KL78192020 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:04 pm

All time low? says the dude that joined in 2017 lol chill the **** out.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,558

Post#52 » by dTox » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Jones is GOAT, also, how are people so easily looking over Cormier when having this GOAT discussion? Anything Khabib has achieved, Cormier has done, in a far bigger sample size, the only problem is that he just can't beat Jones, but neither can anyone else.
TBZ for the win
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,648

Post#53 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Yes the constant moaning and whinging all summer long every year when we didn't win from people like you is much more preferable. :roll:
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#54 » by tor1234567 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:15 am

duppyy wrote:
omar36 wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:

miocic is american lol

Miocic is American-born, but his parents are Croatian.

Those guys have big heads and bones as thick as most people's limbs... And they're pretty great at sports.

Miocic literally eats punches on purpose so he can create an opening to hit his opponent back. That last fight was like Rocky 4. Just kept taking them, and continued to fight until DC couldn't even keep his fists up.

Khabib is from the Caucasus region, but he's a white Slavic dude in the same mold as Stipe. He's Muslim, but not Arabic at all (people incorrectly associate the two groups). Those dudes from Dagestan and Chechnya are built like Russians, just a different religion and culture.

DC is great, but I don't think he wins the rematch against Miocic. I think he might opt to retire. I would love to see Jones fight Miocic, but I don't think he wants to TBH.
duppyy
RealGM

Post#55 » by duppyy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 am

tor1234567 wrote:
duppyy wrote:
omar36 wrote:

miocic is american lol

Those guys have big heads and bones as thick as most people's limbs... And they're pretty great at sports.

Miocic literally eats punches on purpose so he can create an opening to hit his opponent back. That last fight was like Rocky 4. Just kept taking them, and continued to fight until DC couldn't even keep his fists up.

Khabib is from the Caucasus region, but he's a white Slavic dude in the same mold as Stipe. He's Muslim, but not Arabic at all (people incorrectly associate the two groups). Those dudes from Dagestan and Chechnya are built like Russians, just a different religion and culture.

DC is great, but I don't think he wins the rematch against Miocic. I think he might opt to retire. I would love to see Jones fight Miocic, but I don't think he wants to TBH.

I was born in Dagestan but wouldn't consider myself European. I guess its all arbitrary anyways. People assume I'm from Iran and sometimes I get Italian.
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#56 » by tor1234567 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:31 pm

duppyy wrote:
tor1234567 wrote:
duppyy wrote:

I was born in Dagestan but wouldn't consider myself European. I guess its all arbitrary anyways. People assume I'm from Iran and sometimes I get Italian.

Yes, your religion and traditions probably not the typical European ones, but I'm talking about the general genetic makeup of people in these parts of the world.

You may pass for Persian or Italian (simply on account of you having dark hair and maybe an olive complexion), but you very likely share a sizable chunk of the same genes as these Slavic dudes.

Now go join the UFC...or at least Bellator.
PurpleTrees
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,044

Post#57 » by PurpleTrees » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:14 pm

One of the Nigerian guys would beat him IMO (i know they are different weight classes), including Sodiq Yusuf who is an up and comer in the division.
duppyy
RealGM

Post#58 » by duppyy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:04 pm

PurpleTrees wrote:One of the Nigerian guys would beat him IMO (i know they are different weight classes), including Sodiq Yusuf who is an up and comer in the division.

So an up and coming striker will beat Khabib? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Yes, Khabib will get caught one day but it will be by a wrestler with decent to great striking.

Someone that could beat him is Zabit/Zabeast/Abe Lincoln(If he ever decides to move up). He has great grappling and his striking is 1000x better than Khabib's.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#59 » by radeonboy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Prime GSP beats prime Khabib. GSP is the legit GOAT and fought clean, cleaned out the division, fought and wanted to pay for better/PED testing, moved up in weight and won a second title, is a class act in and outside of the Octagon, while Khabib laughs and makes the homeless do things for his pleasure, instigates a brawl with his mob buddies who couldn't keep their impulses in check. GSP is far superior in every aspect. Even retired and out of prime GSP would still beat Khabib. GSP is on another level.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,347

Post#60 » by MadDogSHWA » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:44 pm

The thing I love about Khabib is that everyone in the arena knows what he's going to do and his opponents still can't stop him. It's like when Rhonda Rhousey was exclusively armbars. Everyone knew it was coming. Her opponents had been drilling armbar defense their entire camp but.it.didn't.matter.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)

Return to Toronto Raptors