MEM-MIA-CHI

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

MEM-MIA-CHI 

Post#1 » by Zordor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Memphis out:
Iggy
Hill
Plumlee
Brooks
Crowder
GSW 2024 FRP
Utah 2021 FRP
DAL 2020 SRP
Suns 2021 SRP
POR 2021 SRP

Memphis in:
Lavine
Waiters
Leonard
Felicio

Miami out:
Waiters
Leonard

Miami in:
Iggy
Valentine

Chicago out:
Valentine (filler)
Lavine

Chicago in:
Hill
Plumlee
Brooks
Crowder
GSW 2024 FRP
Utah 2021 FRP
DAL 2020 SRP
Suns 2021 SRP
POR 2021 SRP

Memphis brings in Lavine who starts at the 2 most likely, and will play off ball mainly but also can take a lot of the ball handling pressure off of morant while he adjusts to the NBA game, giving memphis 3 strong ball handlers in the starting lineup (anderson) Lavine is the kind of 3rd guy Memphis is looking for to pair with Ja and Jaren, this costs them basically every pick they got this offseason, but definitely worth it for memphis to grab the next piece. Also, Melton can be added instead of brooks if preferable.

Miami gets iggy who will help further their playoff push, valentine is a salary filler, if bulls/heat would rather trade dunn that works also. Overall this trade gets the heat iggy and within 1M of going below the tax line.

Chicago gets 2 FRP, 3 SRP, young piece in brooks, glue guy with crowder, and a backup center in plumlee, this takes care of the glut they have at multiple positions and frees up money for 2020 free agency, this also relieves them of the second year of Felicio. While Lavine is a solid piece for the bulls, i believe this is a pretty decent haul for him, frees up some cap, and allows the bulls to build around White, Markannan, Porter and Carter Jr while still being relatively competitive.

Note this trade can also be completed w/o the heat by sending the bulls 1 more player from the grizzlies (even rabb who has an unguarenteed contract)
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Re: MEM-MIA-CHI 

Post#2 » by Mykhyn » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Kinda doubt Bulls want that many 2nds.

Also pretty sure Miami doesn't have 2 2nds
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:11 pm

I don't like it for Miami. They don't need Iggy when they have Winslow and Butler. It also leaves them thin at center. I don't know why they'd send out picks. If the Bulls are already getting two firsts and three second round picks, I'm not sure whether it will matter.

For the Bulls, it really depends on whether they want a Mulligan on LaVine's contract. I suspect they're going to want to see what he looks like playing alongside White and whether they can hide him defensively.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#4 » by E S V L » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Even if Memphis adds 2 more FRPs, it would be still a winner of this trade. Felicio, Waiters,Leonard - what an addition!
FK NFL
Zordor
Pro Prospect
And1: 43

Post#5 » by Zordor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:21 pm

E S V L wrote:Even if Memphis adds 2 more FRPs, it would be still a winner of this trade. Felicio, Waiters,Leonard - what an addition!

To be fair, these 3 are 99% warm bodies who can soak up minutes on a sub .500 team 1% decent, but I do believe adding Lavine is the big goal in the trade, also relating to the above comments I do agree adding 2 seconds from the heat might be redundant
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#6 » by pacers33granger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Even if you call Iggy/Crowder/Plumlee/Brooks/Hill for Leonard/Waiters/Felicio a wash (which it is not) at all, you're left with Memphis giving up 2 firsts and 3 seconds for Lavine. Not sure I'd be interested in that as a Memphis fan and especially not when you're giving up decent expiring vets and getting back two lengthier contracts attached to lesser players.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#7 » by E S V L » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Zordor wrote:
E S V L wrote:Even if Memphis adds 2 more FRPs, it would be still a winner of this trade. Felicio, Waiters,Leonard - what an addition!

To be fair, these 3 are 99% warm bodies who can soak up minutes on a sub .500 team 1% decent, but I do believe adding Lavine is the big goal in the trade, also relating to the above comments I do agree adding 2 seconds from the heat might be redundant

Are you seriously discussing this trade from Memphis perspective?
FK NFL
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#8 » by ChettheJet » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Did you look at the Bulls roster before thinking this up?

They don't have a glut at the 2 but they're giving up the two players that they have at that position, they still have 5 PGs, that's what's known as a glut. They have 4 centers so adding Plumlee is really overstuffing the glut they already have.

I mean this is just beyond stupid because even getting 5 picks what it would do is wave a white flag and totally give up on this season and put them in perpetual rebuilding mode. Nobody connected to the team or the fans want any part of that.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#9 » by E S V L » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Zordor wrote:

Are you seriously discussing this trade from Memphis perspective? I was just sarcastic.
FK NFL
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,815

Post#10 » by psman2 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:26 pm

I don't want Lavine on Memphis regardless of trade cost. We need someone who is at least passable on D next to Morant.
E S V L
Analyst

Post#11 » by E S V L » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:49 pm

psman2 wrote:I don't want Lavine on Memphis regardless of trade cost. We need someone who is at least passable on D next to Morant.

This :nod:
FK NFL
chi4lyfe
Sophomore
And1: 103

Post#12 » by chi4lyfe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 am

ChettheJet wrote:Did you look at the Bulls roster before thinking this up?

They don't have a glut at the 2 but they're giving up the two players that they have at that position, they still have 5 PGs, that's what's known as a glut. They have 4 centers so adding Plumlee is really overstuffing the glut they already have.

I mean this is just beyond stupid because even getting 5 picks what it would do is wave a white flag and totally give up on this season and put them in perpetual rebuilding mode. Nobody connected to the team or the fans want any part of that.

Thank you!
No more rhymes now, I mean it!
Anybody want a peanut?
gom
Heat forum: Expert Predictor
And1: 42,450

Post#13 » by gom » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:40 am

I agree with the Bulls fans here. Also, I am looking forward to Waiters playing above his contract this season. His ankle should be healed from the beginning of the season. If he plays well, Miami's fortunes will improve.

Miami has to either play Dragic-Butler-Winslow-Olynyk-Adebayo or Winslow-Waiters-Butler-Olynyk-Adebayo. I prefer Winslow at point with Dragic coming off the bench, but Dragic & Waiters played really well together once upon a time. It would be nice to reprise that chemistry. James Johnson also owes the team better performances, but even if he doesn't come through, I think Miami is fine in the frontcourt. At least until Herro can take over the role, Waiters needs to perform.

That being said, if this trade goes down, I like Winslow-Butler-Iggy even more. That seems strong to me if Iggy can stay healthy. And I'm not sure we need Meyers Leonard. Duncan Robinson can shoot, DJJ can play Power Forward with Olynyk at the 5, and if we can save some money, we can add another player (like Kyle Alexander). We should have kept Bol Bol. Grumble.
I remember 11-30 with these guys. ^

Return to Trades and Transactions