Kobe Bryant trashes 12 year old girl on his daughter's team

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Re: Kobe Bryant trashes 12 year old girl on his daughter's team 

Post#41 » by Benedict_Boozer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 am

clyde21 wrote:don't matter if you're Dwight Howard or a 12 year old girl, you finna get Mamba'd

love it.

Lmao this.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,130

Post#42 » by Funcrusher » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:19 am

lol, this isn't a big deal, OP is too trigger happy to slander Kobe. Kobe wants these kids to take sports seriously, the horror.
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,135

Post#43 » by Edrees » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:19 am

Lol he clarified that he was trying to explain why she wasn't there so people wouldn't question why she wasn't in the pic. This is nothing
israelfirst
Senior
And1: 1,034

Post#44 » by israelfirst » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:24 am

lol thats hilarious
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#45 » by LKN » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:29 am

Reading Kobe's f/u it looks like it was just a bit of a joke that mis-fired.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,020

Post#46 » by JN61 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 am

Is that not a thing anymore or so many here never played sports? When I was a kid, even well before 10 year old we would get yelled constantly and we ran as punishment all the time of something didn't go as intented or if we fooled around.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
prejt
Junior
And1: 368

Post#47 » by prejt » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 am

Kobe did nothing wrong.
Strepbacter
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,366

Post#48 » by Strepbacter » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:36 am

Outrage culture starting to infect RealGM. Oh no.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#49 » by freethedevil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:40 am

clyde21 wrote:don't matter if you're Dwight Howard or a 12 year old girl, you finna get Mamba'd

love it.

No wonder you think cousins is a good dad.
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#50 » by homecourtloss » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 am

thebigbird wrote:We had tons of people on the general board hating on LeBron for... Being a good dad and encouraging his son's teammates. Imagine if he threw a kid on his son's team under the bus like Kobe just did. Goes to show the differences between the two.

This board is...interesting. LeBron got called more names in the Taco Tuesday trademark thread than Mike Scott got for fighting with Eagles fans, Cousins did for threatening his ex girlfriend or whatever, Kawhi’s sister did for allegedly murdering someone, or Kobe will for this. Yeah, extenuating circumstances all around, but there’s more invective for someone filing a trademark than allegedly doing these other things? I didn’t quote 30 other insults/name calling.

Strange

I hope he dies buried in money. Greedy bastard.

Maybe I'm weird but I find these clips to be among the corniest things I have ever seen in sports. His dumb expressions and high pitched voice.

What a greedy arrogant prick he’s turned into. You’ve got be kidding me with this ****.

...I hope they squeeze a couple million out of LeBron - that would be hilarious if it backfired on him.

I don't know why this pisses me off either but it just does... :lol:

This is just truly ridiculous to me. He doesn't even sell tacos, he just eats them. He won't be granted this trademark, but if he did get it taco lovers and the restaurant industry would run him out of town.

Is this just rude and greedy? New low.

So cringe.

**** you LeBron

.What a sorry state of greed and narcissism on display daily from people with a podium... Sick

Or is it just truly classless act? Not about trademark gtfo.

Bitch moves on AND off the court!

It's a scummy thing to try to take control of something that he didn't invent.

****, he is obnoxious.

cringeworthy, petty, corny, and overly greedy.

What an egomaniac this guy is.

Yeah, it's really embarrassing for a 35 year old man to act like that.

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen. Cements his in history as a ridiculous blowhard that could never live up to his own hype.

But this is pretty damn shameful. LeBron is really acting like he invented the phrase that's been around forever.

Just so greedy and unlikeable.

LeBron can **** off.

From THIS thread:
Lebron fans are obnoxious just like their idol
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Cafu
Rookie
And1: 398

Post#51 » by Cafu » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:45 am

Meh
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#52 » by freethedevil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:48 am

As much as I love bashing bball players who think they're psychologists, some context would be nice:
Read on Twitter

He says, "this is fine" and the next sentence says that girl breathes the game now. Furthermore the comment celebrates the team winning a couple years after finishing 4th so the "winners" is in the context of them actually winning.

I'm not saying the dance call out is normal or even that it should be there, but "kobe roasts a little girl" isn't really what happened here.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#53 » by The Laker Kid » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 am

First game of the season can't come fast enough
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,537

Post#54 » by Dominator83 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:02 am

Strepbacter wrote:Outrage culture starting to infect RealGM. Oh no.

We can't handle a whole 2 months of off-season :lol:
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#55 » by thebigbird » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:03 am

freethedevil wrote:As much as I love bashing bball players who think they're psychologists, some context would be nice:
Read on Twitter

He says, "this is fine" and the next sentence says that girl breathes the game now. Furthermore the comment celebrates the team winning a couple years after finishing 4th so the "winners" is in the context of them actually winning.

I'm not saying the dance call out is normal or even that it should be there, but "kobe roasts a little girl" isn't really what happened here.

So Kobe went back and edited his comment after he got some backlash? This is what he said before. Highlighted portion was not initially there.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#56 » by kio80 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:03 am

Mamba mentality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,031

Post#57 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 am

I really don't see the problem here, tbh. But I know people expect the "everyone is a winner" thing now in terms of kids sports, so I guess that's where they're coming from.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#58 » by freethedevil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:05 am

thebigbird wrote:
freethedevil wrote:As much as I love bashing bball players who think they're psychologists, some context would be nice:
Read on Twitter

So Kobe went back and edited his comment after he got some backlash? This is what he said before. Highlighted portion was not initially there.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Welp, bash away.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#59 » by thebigbird » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:06 am

homecourtloss wrote:
thebigbird wrote:We had tons of people on the general board hating on LeBron for... Being a good dad and encouraging his son's teammates. Imagine if he threw a kid on his son's team under the bus like Kobe just did. Goes to show the differences between the two.

This board is...interesting. LeBron got called more names in the Taco Tuesday trademark thread than Mike Scott got for fighting with Eagles fans, Cousins did for threatening his ex girlfriend or whatever, Kawhi’s sister did for allegedly murdering someone, or Kobe will for this. Yeah, extenuating circumstances all around, but there’s more invective for someone filing a trademark than allegedly doing these other things? I didn’t quote 30 other insults/name calling.

Strange

I hope he dies buried in money. Greedy bastard.

Maybe I'm weird but I find these clips to be among the corniest things I have ever seen in sports. His dumb expressions and high pitched voice.

What a greedy arrogant prick he’s turned into. You’ve got be kidding me with this ****.

...I hope they squeeze a couple million out of LeBron - that would be hilarious if it backfired on him.

I don't know why this pisses me off either but it just does... :lol:

This is just truly ridiculous to me. He doesn't even sell tacos, he just eats them. He won't be granted this trademark, but if he did get it taco lovers and the restaurant industry would run him out of town.

Bayside wrote:Is this just rude and greedy? New low.

So cringe.

SK21209 wrote: **** you LeBron

Bayside wrote:.What a sorry state of greed and narcissism on display daily from people with a podium... Sick

Or is it just truly classless act? Not about trademark gtfo.

Bitch moves on AND off the court!

It's a scummy thing to try to take control of something that he didn't invent.

****, he is obnoxious.

cringeworthy, petty, corny, and overly greedy.

What an egomaniac this guy is.

Yeah, it's really embarrassing for a 35 year old man to act like that.

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen. Cements his in history as a ridiculous blowhard that could never live up to his own hype.

But this is pretty damn shameful. LeBron is really acting like he invented the phrase that's been around forever.

Just so greedy and unlikeable.

LeBron can **** off.

Social media would crash if LeBron ever did something that was actually bad. It's amazing to see the vitriol he receives for harmless things and the passes other people get for doing much worse.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,031

Post#60 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:08 am

axeman23 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Never to early to learn life lessons. You want to be good and win at something you better dedicate yourself to it. I was told much harsher things growing up from my parents when it comes to sports, so I don't really see the issue here. If he named the girl or pointed her out in the pic would be one thing.

If this was a boys team and I was on that team and Kobe said this. I know for a fact my parents would say, "he has a point, if you want to stand out and excel in something, you need to be prepared to dedicate all your time to it."

Or MAYBE she just wants to play sport and do dance with her friends? Not everyone wants to be the king/queen of the world, and that's ok...

He didn't force her to play and in my opinion didn't even shame her. He was just stating that she wasn't serious about basketball and that clearly she likes dancing better. I just don't see the problem. Man I hate the "everybody is a winner" mentality.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.

Return to The General Board