Replace one player on team USA

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

EasternHeretic
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Replace one player on team USA 

Post#1 » by EasternHeretic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:38 pm

With any other eligible player that chose not to play, and have them win the world cup, who would you choose?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Re: Replace one player on team USA 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Replace any player with Lebron and they destroy the world
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,291

Post#3 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Dominater wrote:Replace any player with Lebron and they destroy the world

Pretty much, this. I think a better question would be, who’s the worst player we could swap out for one of them, that would see team USA win.
First Take
Senior
And1: 414

Post#4 » by First Take » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 am

I agree. LeBron would have taken them to the gold medal. I feel like LeBron will play next year for the Olympic team and win it all.
EasternHeretic
Bench Warmer
And1: 290

Post#5 » by EasternHeretic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:01 am

Amare_1_Knicks wrote:

Pretty much, this. I think a better question would be, who’s the worst player we could swap out for one of them, that would see team USA win.

Sure, who would it be?
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,219

Post#6 » by itrsteve » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:01 am

What’s the point of this exercise? They didn’t want to show up.

We will have completely forgot about FIBA in a few hours.
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#7 » by Stoked » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:08 am

Plumlee easily
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#8 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

EasternHeretic wrote:
Amare_1_Knicks wrote:

Sure, who would it be?

I’ll go the non all star route.

Booker. A true offensive flamethrower. The defense takes a hit, but the offense probably goes up 3 notches.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Moahst
Senior
And1: 650

Post#9 » by Moahst » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 am

This team needed scoring. Give me Harden.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#10 » by azcatz11 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 am

itrsteve wrote:What’s the point of this exercise? They didn’t want to show up.

We will have completely forgot about FIBA in a few hours.

I honestly never cared. I would get up to watch the Olympic team but to me, this is a meaningless tournament.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#11 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:11 am

Probably AD for the sake of having a big. Swap him in for Plumlee.

Even if we exclude players that turned down the opportunity, it would be easy to improve the team. Why the selection committee favored Harrison Barnes over lower usage/higher impact wings like Covington and Porter makes no sense to me. Those guys are suppose to be the brightest minds in basketball.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,280

Post#12 » by CIN-C-STAR » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:14 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Probably AD for the sake of having a big. Swap him in for Plumlee.

Even if we exclude players that turned down the opportunity, it would be easy to improve the team. Why the selection committee favored Harrison Barnes over lower usage/higher impact wings like Covington and Porter makes no sense to me. Those guys are suppose to be the brightest minds in basketball.

Barnes has played for Team USA in the past.
I'd guess that experience and rewarding his commitment to the program were probably factors.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,282

Post#13 » by TheHartBreakKid » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:Probably AD for the sake of having a big. Swap him in for Plumlee.

was just going to say AD. He's definitely not the best eligible player who didn't choose to play this year, but I think he is the best player in the biggest position of need. Curry, Harden, Lebron, healthy KD etc would all tremendously make this team better, but I think, from what little I've seen/read about this tournement, that bigs were the biggest issue, and AD is the best solution to address that issue.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:19 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:

Barnes has played in international tournaments in the past.
I'd guess that experience and rewarding his commitment to the program were probably factors.

You’re probably right because I see no other justification for it. Even still, RoCo/Porter would be definitive upgrades over Joe Harris. It just seems like they ignored defense in their assessment (besides Smart).

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#15 » by THE J0KER » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:19 am

If we talking about this summer original 30-players list, I would choose Anthony Davis over Harden and Lillard, because of frontcourt line is where USA team does not dominate on this tournament, especially once Tatum was injured.
76ersForLife
Junior
And1: 358

Post#16 » by 76ersForLife » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:25 am

Either AD or Kawhi Leonard.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,968

Post#17 » by RCM88x » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:07 am

The team needs a big man, or a wing who isn't terrible and a playmaker. LeBron is the easiest option. AD doesn't really fix the playmaking issue, same with Kawhi.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#18 » by BoogieTime » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:21 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:

You’re probably right because I see no other justification for it. Even still, RoCo/Porter would be definitive upgrades over Joe Harris. It just seems like they ignored defense in their assessment (besides Smart).

Why would Barnes be the first thing someone would look at with the roster as played? He was one of the leaders in minutes for a reason, and one of the least of the issues. If you looking wings, what about Brown or Harris or Middleton who were arguably worse in the tourney? Or plumlee if thinking PF?
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#19 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:26 am

Ad instead of Plumlee would've been a game changer for this team. This team was also in desperate need of a true facilitating guard/wing. Add AD and a true pass first facilitator on this team, it would dominate.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by GeorgeMarcus » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:28 am

BoogieTime wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:

Why would Barnes be the first thing someone would look at with the roster as played? He was one of the leaders in minutes for a reason, and one of the least of the issues

Barnes is better than Joe Harris overall, but Harris is a top tier 3pt shooter that could be deployed situationally. Barnes on the other hand is basically a worse version of RoCo/Porter.

Return to The General Board