Kobe Bryant trashes 12 year old girl on his daughter's team

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

socal74
Rookie
And1: 1,094

Re: Kobe Bryant trashes 12 year old girl on his daughter's team 

Post#61 » by socal74 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:11 am

thebigbird wrote:
freethedevil wrote:As much as I love bashing bball players who think they're psychologists, some context would be nice:
Read on Twitter

He says, "this is fine" and the next sentence says that girl breathes the game now. Furthermore the comment celebrates the team winning a couple years after finishing 4th so the "winners" is in the context of them actually winning.

I'm not saying the dance call out is normal or even that it should be there, but "kobe roasts a little girl" isn't really what happened here.

So Kobe went back and edited his comment after he got some backlash? This is what he said before. Highlighted portion was not initially there.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If you're smart and you really hate Kobe this much, you would stop bringing attention to him. Do you realize that by posting this nonsense, you're giving him attention and keeping him fresh in peoples minds? You want him to go away forever? Stop posting about him.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,027

Post#62 » by The Real Dalic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:12 am

Strepbacter wrote:Outrage culture starting to infect RealGM. Oh no.

Are you knew here? It's been on the GB for years. :lol:
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#63 » by dakomish23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 am

I don’t think it’s bad or malicious. Idk. I’m always fine with any sports coach being tough on their players.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,954

Post#64 » by Optms » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 am

Pelon chingon wrote:Let us not forget kobe Bryant is a rapist.

He's not though. Unless you just blatantly choose to ignore the fact that some random chick screamed rape only to settle out of court for a hefty pay day, then sure.
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#65 » by Hindenburg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:20 am

Goats gonna Goat
KayDee35
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,613

Post#66 » by KayDee35 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 am

Can we all agree that if we had daughters, we'd be supportive parents. And if our daughter wanted to go to a dance recital instead of a game, we would support their choice. And if the coach publicly shamed our daughter we would stand up for her.

If you can't do those things for your kid - which are basic parenting responsibilities - you should reconsider parenthood. Are you willing to let your daughter be thrown under the bus by an adult for not doing anything wrong?

I don't know the whole story and I probably never will. Even Kobe realized how bad it sounded and did a ninja edit. But I don't care about Kobe. Your response to this story says more about you than it does about Kobe.

Your daughter deserves better. If you have one right now or have one in the future, I hope you will all be her biggest supporters and let her know that you stand with her and back her decisions all the way.

Life is bigger than basketball.
|||-Abaddon-|||
Senior
And1: 48

Post#67 » by |||-Abaddon-||| » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 am

lol this guy needs to calm down - it's a child and he needs to remember that he's an alleged rapist.
so_bored
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,053

Post#68 » by so_bored » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:45 am

Lebron fans are obnoxious just like their idol

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
hongdayuan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,793

Post#69 » by hongdayuan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:45 am

Pretty sure what he said was the 7th player, who stayed with the team, was more focus on dance before but now totally into bball.

It’s like simple logic skills like reading comprehension fails when it’s related to Kobe
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,538

Post#70 » by infinite11285 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 am

35 days, 4 hours, 14 minutes, and 4 seconds to go.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#71 » by thebigbird » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 am

hongdayuan wrote:Pretty sure what he said was the 7th player, who stayed with the team, was more focus on dance before but now totally into bball.

It’s like simple logic skills like reading comprehension fails when it’s related to Kobe

That's what he said after he ninja edited his initial caption because of the blowback.
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#72 » by axeman23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:52 am

The Real Dalic wrote:
axeman23 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Never to early to learn life lessons. You want to be good and win at something you better dedicate yourself to it. I was told much harsher things growing up from my parents when it comes to sports, so I don't really see the issue here. If he named the girl or pointed her out in the pic would be one thing.

If this was a boys team and I was on that team and Kobe said this. I know for a fact my parents would say, "he has a point, if you want to stand out and excel in something, you need to be prepared to dedicate all your time to it."

Or MAYBE she just wants to play sport and do dance with her friends? Not everyone wants to be the king/queen of the world, and that's ok...

He didn't force her to play and in my opinion didn't even shame her. He was just stating that she wasn't serious about basketball and that clearly she likes dancing better. I just don't see the problem. Man I hate the "everybody is a winner" mentality.

But that's exactly what I was saying, some people like to play/participate, without a sociopathic need to win. It's not about "everyone needs to be a winner", it's about not being called out for not "being a winner" when you're 12 years old, playing club basketball. It's not like she's taking up someone's spot on a university/pro/national team, she's a 12 year old kid probably playing for a medallion and a pizza party IF they win, and good memories with her friends if they don't... My brother coaches the exact same demographic, a 12 year old girls' club team. He'll come home after games, and while we're sitting around having a drink, tell me about all the ditzy stuff they do, running around like headless chooks. He'll joke around with their parents at the game when their child does something that goes pear-shaped. What he won't do is go on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and talk about how little Susie isn't committed to the sport, little Sally lost the game with 2 clanked free-throws, etc. It's all pictures of smiling kids having fun playing the sport they enjoy, with positive captions. Who knows what will happen with those girls? One might play for Australia/in the WNBA one day, and another might end up a couch potato. Both are fine, just enjoy the moment. I realise Kobe is competitive, so is my brother. But if winning and focus on basketball, forsaking all else is that important to him, maybe Kobe needs to be coaching older age-groups or something?
blessofcurse
Sophomore
And1: 70

Post#73 » by blessofcurse » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:52 am

Everytime the op talk, it's either about Kobe or LeBron. Get another hobby.
I rarely visit this site but when I do, there is always a Kobe hate thread.
spicy6
Starter
And1: 1,841

Post#74 » by spicy6 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:57 am

There should be a lebron stan logo that people should have instead of people masquerading as laker fans lmao.
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,923

Post#75 » by Ice Trae » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:04 am

OP's life goal is to slander Kobe's name every chance he gets
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#76 » by goodboy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:06 am

What a terrible OP. My goodness, all I see his a group photo with Kobe in it.
Bright
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#77 » by life_saver » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 am

I absolutely hate this term "Mamba Mentality"
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,191

Post#78 » by kenwood3333 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:12 am

If Kobe feels the need to publicly comment on other people's kid, imagine the level of control he has on his own kids.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#79 » by NBAFan93 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:24 am

levon wrote:We need to rescue OP from 2009-2010, the last time Kobe v Lebron really mattered. This poor kid is stuck in the past decade and won't let it go.

You need to rescue a lot more people than the OP for that affliction...a good portion of the NBA media is still obsessed with Kobe like he is still playing and another segment still thinks LeBron is 26 the way they talk about him.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#80 » by LakersSoul » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 am

thebigbird wrote:We had tons of people on the general board hating on LeBron for... Being a good dad and encouraging his son's teammates. Imagine if he threw a kid on his son's team under the bus like Kobe just did. Goes to show the differences between the two.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kobe is giving the kids that practiced some love. It comes out wrong but I doubt he was trying to insult the kid but rather trying to show what dedication is needed to succeed in any endeavor.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."

Return to The General Board