Kobe Bryant trashes 12 year old girl on his daughter's team

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: Kobe Bryant trashes 12 year old girl on his daughter's team 

Post#81 » by NBAFan93 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:31 am

And honestly, what Kobe did was out of line here big time. Many coaches would lose their job over such a post - and they don’t have however many million followers Kobe does. You don’t trash a child online like that. The recital could have been a once a season event, and that game missed could have been one of 15-20 games? And maybe the girl comes off the bench and wouldn’t have been critical to win/loss anyways - or like someone said above, maybe she just likes dance better and didn’t want to miss the recital. And here’s Kobe calling her out online to millions of people?

Maybe Kobe shouldn’t be coaching little kids if he’s going to react that way.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,414

Post#82 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 am

Anyone think he was maybe half joking?
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#83 » by sacking123 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Never to early to learn life lessons. You want to be good and win at something you better dedicate yourself to it. I was told much harsher things growing up from my parents when it comes to sports, so I don't really see the issue here. If he named the girl or pointed her out in the pic would be one thing.

If this was a boys team and I was on that team and Kobe said this. I know for a fact my parents would say, "he has a point, if you want to stand out and excel in something, you need to be prepared to dedicate all your time to it."

Yeah, the girl possibly doesn't need a life lesson at all. By the looks of it she is doing EXACTLY what you say. She has priorities and wants to excel at dance. That means sacrificing some things ie basketball.
You have a problem with that?
No of course you don't, but this person doesn't need someone like Kobe putting out to millions of people that she isn't committed to something.

At the end of the day Kobe is deflecting blame on why they lost because he feels guilty, when he absolutely doesn't need to.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,527

Post#84 » by KrAzY3 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:35 am

Smash3 wrote:Maybe add the caption to the pic in your post lol

In his defense it was really another post about LeBron anyway, which is what the OP is wont to do most of the time...
Purple_Hero
Freshman
And1: 98

Post#85 » by Purple_Hero » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:45 am

Read on Twitter

Whether we realize it or not, our personal bias, positive or negative, affects our perception; especially when it comes to social media.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#86 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:47 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBAFan93
RealGM

Post#87 » by NBAFan93 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:49 am

Purple_Hero wrote:
Read on Twitter

Whether we realize it or not, our personal bias, positive or negative, affects our perception; especially when it comes to social media.

Sorry but not buying “he was just trying to explain why she wasn’t in the photo” - lol. He was clearly calling the little girl out for choosing the recital over the game.
Jayt99
Rookie
And1: 1,552

Post#88 » by Jayt99 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:51 am

homecourtloss wrote:
thebigbird wrote:We had tons of people on the general board hating on LeBron for... Being a good dad and encouraging his son's teammates. Imagine if he threw a kid on his son's team under the bus like Kobe just did. Goes to show the differences between the two.

This board is...interesting. LeBron got called more names in the Taco Tuesday trademark thread than Mike Scott got for fighting with Eagles fans, Cousins did for threatening his ex girlfriend or whatever, Kawhi’s sister did for allegedly murdering someone, or Kobe will for this. Yeah, extenuating circumstances all around, but there’s more invective for someone filing a trademark than allegedly doing these other things? I didn’t quote 30 other insults/name calling.

Strange

I hope he dies buried in money. Greedy bastard.

Maybe I'm weird but I find these clips to be among the corniest things I have ever seen in sports. His dumb expressions and high pitched voice.

What a greedy arrogant prick he’s turned into. You’ve got be kidding me with this ****.

...I hope they squeeze a couple million out of LeBron - that would be hilarious if it backfired on him.

I don't know why this pisses me off either but it just does... :lol:

This is just truly ridiculous to me. He doesn't even sell tacos, he just eats them. He won't be granted this trademark, but if he did get it taco lovers and the restaurant industry would run him out of town.

Is this just rude and greedy? New low.

So cringe.

**** you LeBron

.What a sorry state of greed and narcissism on display daily from people with a podium... Sick

Or is it just truly classless act? Not about trademark gtfo.

Bitch moves on AND off the court!

It's a scummy thing to try to take control of something that he didn't invent.

****, he is obnoxious.

cringeworthy, petty, corny, and overly greedy.

What an egomaniac this guy is.

Yeah, it's really embarrassing for a 35 year old man to act like that.

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen. Cements his in history as a ridiculous blowhard that could never live up to his own hype.

But this is pretty damn shameful. LeBron is really acting like he invented the phrase that's been around forever.

Just so greedy and unlikeable.

LeBron can **** off.

From THIS thread:
Lebron fans are obnoxious just like their idol

Man you Lebron fans are so insecure. Counting insults from other threads? Really LMAO
Jayt99
Rookie
And1: 1,552

Post#89 » by Jayt99 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:52 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Now this is gold :lol: :lol:
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 927

Post#90 » by dk1115 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:58 am

How long was Kobe actually the best player in the world?
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,081

Post#91 » by axeman23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:06 am

Purple_Hero wrote:
Read on Twitter

TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#92 » by TheHartBreakKid » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:10 am

Is this the worst thing Kobe has done to a teenage girl?

Spoiler:
I think Kobe is 100% innocent, but I've had a couple of drink and I really couldn't resist. #mambamentality #wastedWednesday
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#93 » by The_Hater » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:11 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Never to early to learn life lessons. You want to be good and win at something you better dedicate yourself to it. I was told much harsher things growing up from my parents when it comes to sports, so I don't really see the issue here. If he named the girl or pointed her out in the pic would be one thing.

If this was a boys team and I was on that team and Kobe said this. I know for a fact my parents would say, "he has a point, if you want to stand out and excel in something, you need to be prepared to dedicate all your time to it."

And what if that little girls passion is dance, not basketball? Or something else completely? What if basketball is her 10th priority in life and she was just playing it for fun? She still deserves to be called out on Instagram by her famous coach for it?

You’re better than this Duke.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#94 » by sacking123 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:13 am

Purple_Hero wrote:
Read on Twitter

i respect the fact he has tried to clean it up. However, is anyone really serious that such a polished media performer like Kobe wasn't calling the girl out and he just wasn't clear? I mean come on, I really enjoy listening to Kobe talk about the game and not once ever has he come across as someone that finds it difficult to articulate exactly what he means.
Why couldn't he simply say we were a player down due to prior commitments? No, he made sure everyone knew what the girl was doing, like it was wrong, not that it's anyone's business.

I'm all for teaching kids lessons about sports, life and achieving goals and you don't have to coddle young players either. I have coached this specific age group and above all the way up to adult in 3 different sports, but for anyone backing Kobe on this one, when you're trying to teach your youth players something like commitment, you don't do it on social media, you do it behind closed doors at practice with the parents there.
Again, never in the history of coaching will you be able to say, you know what a good teaching tool was for me, shaming a player on social media.

As mentioned the girl now loves basketball and I'm sure Kobe is a huge reason for that, it just doesn't make up for what he did, but at least he has tried to own it.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#95 » by TimRobbins » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:14 am

Barnzy wrote:Not surprising.

All the greatest athletes are horrible people.

Look at MJ.

Trashing a 12 YO girl = a little horrible.

Raping a woman = very horrible.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#96 » by GordanFreeman » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 am

Jayt99 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:
thebigbird wrote:We had tons of people on the general board hating on LeBron for... Being a good dad and encouraging his son's teammates. Imagine if he threw a kid on his son's team under the bus like Kobe just did. Goes to show the differences between the two.

This board is...interesting. LeBron got called more names in the Taco Tuesday trademark thread than Mike Scott got for fighting with Eagles fans, Cousins did for threatening his ex girlfriend or whatever, Kawhi’s sister did for allegedly murdering someone, or Kobe will for this. Yeah, extenuating circumstances all around, but there’s more invective for someone filing a trademark than allegedly doing these other things? I didn’t quote 30 other insults/name calling.

Strange

Maybe I'm weird but I find these clips to be among the corniest things I have ever seen in sports. His dumb expressions and high pitched voice.

What a greedy arrogant prick he’s turned into. You’ve got be kidding me with this ****.

...I hope they squeeze a couple million out of LeBron - that would be hilarious if it backfired on him.

This is just truly ridiculous to me. He doesn't even sell tacos, he just eats them. He won't be granted this trademark, but if he did get it taco lovers and the restaurant industry would run him out of town.

So cringe.

**** you LeBron

.What a sorry state of greed and narcissism on display daily from people with a podium... Sick

****, he is obnoxious.

This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen. Cements his in history as a ridiculous blowhard that could never live up to his own hype.

But this is pretty damn shameful. LeBron is really acting like he invented the phrase that's been around forever.

LeBron can **** off.

From THIS thread:

Man you Lebron fans are so insecure. Counting insults from other threads? Really LMAO

The quotes are from one thread. The responses of many posters is much more pathetic than any 'insecure' lebron fan.
wayoftheroad
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,808

Post#97 » by wayoftheroad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:15 am

Pelon chingon wrote:Let us not forget kobe Bryant is a rapist.

Settle down there bud
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#98 » by LKN » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:16 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:Anyone think he was maybe half joking?

I think it was a failed attempt at joking personally
NBAFan93
RealGM

Post#99 » by NBAFan93 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:18 am

Jayt99 wrote:
homecourtloss wrote:

Strange

So cringe.

**** you LeBron

****, he is obnoxious.

LeBron can **** off.

From THIS thread:

Honestly, both of these things are messed up. I think the Taco Tuesday thing was more egomaniacal and greedy, where Kobe was just being overly-serious and intolerant and lost some perspective, but they both were wrong and embarrassed themselves. What’s worse - publicly embarrassing a single child who’s name most of us don’t know, or trying to take away the free use of the phrase Taco Tuesday by countless people and small businesses? Hmmmmm...that’s a tough one ;).
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,788

Post#100 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:23 am

Kobe Bryant is a sociopath. None of this is surprising, and anyone who thinks his behavior is cute is most likely close to that kind of mentality as well.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to The General Board