Image ImageImage Image

Bulls arriving early for summer workouts

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Re: Bulls arriving early for summer workouts 

Post#41 » by drosereturn » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:37 pm

meekrab wrote:
sco wrote:To me, just being rid of Blakeney would be a huge boost. That guy is a walking LOSS. May be the most negatively impactful player in the NBA.

Having a guy like Blakeney as the 15th guy on the bench who can go out there and guarantee a loss is convenient, because if your 15th man is playing anything but garbage time you should probably be tanking the season anyway.

AB wasnt really the 15th guy.
I mean half the entire roster was injury cursed so he was no worse than 10th man when situation was dire.
Which is why you want every player from #1-#15 to contribute something since you never no who might go down next time.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#42 » by sco » Mon Sep 9, 2019 6:57 pm

Any word at all on Valentine's status?

Never heard if he was every cleared for 5 on 5 play.
:clap:
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,681

Post#43 » by madvillian » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:06 pm

sco wrote:Any word at all on Valentine's status?

Never heard if he was every cleared for 5 on 5 play.

He's in a cryogenic chamber they'll unfreeze him prior to the opener. More seriously, I'd expect him to quietly announce he's retiring sometime this winter.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,830

Post#44 » by bledredwine » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:30 pm

This thread is making me horny for basketball.
madvillian
RealGM

Post#45 » by madvillian » Mon Sep 9, 2019 7:34 pm

bledredwine wrote:This thread is making me horny for basketball.

So is the play of many of our FB teams I'm sure.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#46 » by bledredwine » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:34 pm

madvillian wrote:

True. The Chicago fooseball squads this year have been putting on virtuoso performances. They’ve been putting fooseball on the map and are the the 6th most notable Chicago team after the Bulls, Cubs, Sox, Hawks, and Sky. I hope the Bulls are inspired by their play.
madvillian
RealGM

Post#47 » by madvillian » Mon Sep 9, 2019 8:54 pm

bledredwine wrote:
madvillian wrote:

True. The Chicago fooseball squads this year have been putting on virtuoso performances. They’ve been putting fooseball on the map and are the the 6th most notable Chicago team after the Bulls, Cubs, Sox, Hawks, and Sky. I hope the Bulls are inspired by their play.

On a related note I was at O'Hare the other week for a quick layover and the airport was littered with Bears and Cubs **** but even the Blackhawks had more of a presence then the Bulls. I'd say the Bulls and White Sox were a very distant 4th and 5th in representation.

bledredwine
RealGM

Post#48 » by bledredwine » Mon Sep 9, 2019 9:58 pm

madvillian wrote:
bledredwine wrote:
madvillian wrote:

On a related note I was at O'Hare the other week for a quick layover and the airport was littered with Bears and Cubs **** but even the Blackhawks had more of a presence then the Bulls. I'd say the Bulls and White Sox were a very distant 4th and 5th in representation.

Damn. That's actually really sad.

We managed to jag it so hard over the last 20 years that our 90s reputation is completely obliterated.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#49 » by Chi town » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Val is all over the Bulls IG now. WCJ dunking yesterday.

Trying to let us know they are healthy? #stealthhealth posts?
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#50 » by ZOMG » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Chi town wrote:Val is all over the Bulls IG now. WCJ dunking yesterday.

None of the photos show Valentine's lower legs. They're trying to cover up the fact that he now has an ankle made of concrete.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#51 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:48 am

bledredwine wrote:
madvillian wrote:
bledredwine wrote:

Damn. That's actually really sad.

We managed to jag it so hard over the last 20 years that our 90s reputation is completely obliterated.

Aside from the 90’s Hawks always had a big fan base. Add in 3 recent titles and the best Sweater in sports and that explains that. Bears and Cubs will always dominate. Even Jordan at his peak was losing to mini diktas on national TV.
sco
RealGM

Post#52 » by sco » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:19 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Chi town wrote:Val is all over the Bulls IG now. WCJ dunking yesterday.

None of the photos show Valentine's lower legs. They're trying to cover up the fact that he now has an ankle made of concrete.

Have we gotten any word that he's clear to play 5 on 5 yet? That would be a big positive for me!
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,431

Post#53 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:52 pm

Read on Twitter
sco
RealGM

Post#54 » by sco » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Saw this and am encouraged:
And Carter also has spent considerable workout time with Chris Johnson, Jimmy Butler’s former on-court trainer. Carter still has plenty to prove, but I can tell you the internal optimism for his game, particularly defensively, remains super high. He can be a game-changer at that end with his advanced instincts.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-cb-bulls-mailbag-coby-white-20190912-ix6xmvyfhrevjbfm7zuhmgyg5e-story.html
sco
RealGM

Post#55 » by sco » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls